Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

How are your expressions always so good

Step 1, angle face slightly away from camera, step 2, turn eye tracking on. Optional step 3, /simper or /smile, or occasionally, /wink or /leftwink. That's really all there is to it.

It's a pain when I'm trying to freeze a /vpose or combat animation, because I have to unpause it to get the eyes to track the camera again. You can move the eyeballs while paused in the Edit Portrait menu, but not in general gposing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Step 1, angle face slightly away from camera, step 2, turn eye tracking on. Optional step 3, /simper or /smile, or occasionally, /wink or /leftwink. That's really all there is to it.

It's a pain when I'm trying to freeze a /vpose or combat animation, because I have to unpause it to get the eyes to track the camera again. You can move the eyeballs while paused in the Edit Portrait menu, but not in general gposing.

I'm with you on that one. In theory it's pretty simple, in practice I'm always trying to remember which things need to be set in what order and often decide "ah screw it."

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Changed my FFXIV Monk glam from one costume to another

Old:

New:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

iPodschun posted:

Changed my FFXIV Monk glam from one costume to another

Old:

New:

Nicely done. I went for Blood Falcon myself.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I think it's about time for my supervillain arc.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ooh, which top is that?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Edengrace Mail of Aiming, from E4S. The Maiming version has the same model.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I know there's a TMNT shredder helm for ninja, is there a dnc version?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

There's not a lot of chunky helmets outside of fending/maiming gear. But I don't usually go for heavy armor glams anyway, so maybe there's something I missed somewhere. Best I can do is Replica Sky Pirate headgear (job agnostic):

Obviously those ear pockets are just for cats.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 29, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ghost Barque Helm of Aiming is the same model in silver

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Look at the Cryptlurker's Aiming Hood? Has a hood, but it's kinda Big Armor Vibe.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Anyway, looking around my glam chest for interesting pieces that I rarely use, so I tried using the Succubus Horns.

I like how it came out, but the horns feel like the weakest part. It doesn't help that they clip real bad with almost all hairstyles.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ha! Found it! The "Shredder Helm" is the same model for:
Halonic Friar's Helm -- MNK/SAM
Halonic Auditor's Helm -- BRD/DNC/MCH
Halonic Vicar's Helm -- NIN
Valkyrie's Helm of Maiming -- DRG/RPR
Valkyrie's Helm of Fending -- WAR/PAL/DRK/GNB

Not dyeable

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I really, really wish the various demon-horn sets were dyeable. I just want Bonus Horns on my Au Ra, but they're never anywhere close to the right color!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There's not a lot of chunky helmets outside of fending/maiming gear. But I don't usually go for heavy armor glams anyway, so maybe there's something I missed somewhere. Best I can do is Replica Sky Pirate headgear (job agnostic):

Obviously those ear pockets are just for cats.

Your pic of that helmet just reminded me of this:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Reminds me of a pic I saw where someone got a really nice pose with their character holding a hat in their hands, then a "making of" photo, where the hat was on top of a Lalafell's head, doing an /easternbow while clipping through the poser's stomach.

Anyway, here's the outfit sans horns, where I actually have some freedom of hairstyles without clipping.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I really, really wish the various demon-horn sets were dyeable. I just want Bonus Horns on my Au Ra, but they're never anywhere close to the right color!

If you're Xaela there's one set that works pretty well, but it's the Ultima Horns from a rare spawn in Azys Lla.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bruceski posted:

If you're Xaela there's one set that works pretty well, but it's the Ultima Horns from a rare spawn in Azys Lla.

:wrong: it's a totally different color!!!!!11!!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Bruceski posted:

First thing I think of:

Jacob's Au Ra.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

First thing I think of:

Jacob's Au Ra.

You're not wrong, but also

Dragon cosplay.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Your pic of that helmet just reminded me of this:

lmfao

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Static took a break for the holidays, so nothing to do but dress up.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I don't remember where I got this hat, but I decided I need to make a new glam for it.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Started replaying the MSQ on an alt, just finished 2.0 so I threw together a low level glam for the 2.x MSQ.

You start out as an honest adventurer and next thing you know they start calling you some sort of "Warrior of Light" and expecting you to dress up for the part!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Flesh-colored leggings are technically winter fashion, right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The outfit isn't as skimpy as I'd like, but the new bearded face has allowed me to move my PSO2 character over to the new character creation system at last.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

I've had this tank glam forever, but I love it too much to ever change it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hey, sometimes you just got your perfect look and why change just for the sake of change? I've been wearing this outfit pretty much since Endwalker came out. Though its seen minor changes (dyeable versions of the arms/legs to match better, new gunblades, pants changing occasionally).

Its gonna take a really sweet coat to cause me to replace the Allegiance Coat. I don't care if this is basically just a mix of the GNB 80 and 90 artifact armors, I don't even care that my mullet clips through the collar. This poo poo looks good.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Started looking into putting together a good samurai glam just to find I've got basically no Striking gear ready. I've the Omega chest but nothing to pair it with. I'll have to come up with a shopping list for new stuff but in the meantime I'm still in love with my old mainstay outfit:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bruceski posted:

I had been thinking of using a fantasia and I somewhat recently got the ultima horns, so this inspired me to design a look with them in mind.

First, some pre-fantasia pictures with my wife (I am the midlander):

And my new xaela:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Genovera posted:

I had been thinking of using a fantasia and I somewhat recently got the ultima horns, so this inspired me to design a look with them in mind.

Those horns look good against the light hair, you framed it well and have some good lighting. Back when I was Xaela I kept having issues finding angles where horns wouldn't get in the way or the scales turn into a muddy mess, but I was also usually looking to do things quickly. On my current return to dragon-face I picked horns that would stay out of the way.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Skado's starting to hit 90 in a few classes so I'm starting to glamour up properly. He's mainly a paladin (with a bunch of odd hobbies) so I spent a few weeks farming dungeons for the heirloom fending set because I loooooove it. I'm still not sure about wielding Burtgang with it, but Burtgang makes lights!

I ended up spending a lot of time and money on his various dancer outfits and I am probably not done.

Even the outfit I got for free required expensive Diadem dyes!

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Ah, I see you are a follower of the Vortex like me.

Actually, I just like all the primals. (Still working on healing sets for Shiva, Ramuh, and Leviathan.)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the titan weapons are delightfully craggy, basically the only source for "gonna smash you with a rock" weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Started looking into putting together a good samurai glam just to find I've got basically no Striking gear ready. I've the Omega chest but nothing to pair it with. I'll have to come up with a shopping list for new stuff but in the meantime I'm still in love with my old mainstay outfit:

The new holiday armor with a skirt makes for some real nice samurai armor.