Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

I don't know if this was said yet, but if you use Google Play to buy all your stuff in-game, there's a $2 coupon for 100 play points that you can use in the game. Helps save a couple of bucks on the season pass Monday

I would guess this works if you use an android emulator too? Lotta work for $2 at that point I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleopolis posted:

I don't know if this was said yet, but if you use Google Play to buy all your stuff in-game, there's a $2 coupon for 100 play points that you can use in the game. Helps save a couple of bucks on the season pass Monday

Where are you seeing that?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

As an Agatha enjoyer I have to say do not apply the Ego rule to her. It will cost you many many cubes.

Do run Morph though! The randomness keeps Agatha bot games interesting. Sometimes you glance over at the iPad to see a turn three Infinaut or DOOM.

What kind of Agatha deck are you running? I want to run one but I'm not sure what to use.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

poe meater posted:

What kind of Agatha deck are you running? I want to run one but I'm not sure what to use.

Right now I’m mostly using her to autopilot dailies on my alt account. I threw together a pretty standard Kazoo list with Agatha at the top. Folds to Killmonger, but steals the occasional win. Knocks out dailies pretty quick without losing too many cubes.

I also have a Lockjaw/Jubilee/Wave list that’s similarly mediocre but fun. Sometimes you luck into Jubilee in the Lockjaw lane and cough up 30+ power worth of cards.

The best list looks to be the Ghost Rider/Hela one, but I don’t have those on my main or alt.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

WarEternal posted:

My Ego post was not a complaint, more astonishment at the fact it made the perfect worst play possible. Losing 1 cube is something I consider a win.

I had Shuri into Vision on Shuri's Lab into Taskmaster on Shuri's Lab last night. 28 power Vision, 56 power Taskmaster. I'm very glad Shuri was the only Series 4/5 card I got so far, she's very good.

Id love to have the card — I need to finish Pool 3 first though. I had her in my Token Shop and even pinned her and then thought better of it.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
What’s the average Deathwave deck run? Besides the obvious two.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

kaschei posted:

Did they change it so that generated cards aren't white bordered? I'm pretty sure that's your Agatha, and Agent 13 gave her Sunspot.

There's no way that Weirdworld would let you draw the opponent's Agatha...right?

Cards generated by locations are white bordered. Cards generated by other cards are bordered by the parent card's level. In this case, Agent 13 is green bordered so Agatha is too.

I say this as someone who's used Agent 13 a lot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

PopZeus posted:

What’s the average Deathwave deck run? Besides the obvious two.
Death
Wave
She Hulk
Bucky
Nova
Carnage
Deathlok
Killmonger
Squirrel girl
Aero
Leader
Hood?

4 kills means a naked T5 wave will let you play she hulk + death + 1 (and you only really can lose to leader). 2 or 3 kills means you can she-hulk+1 or death+1. 0 to 1 kill means you can only she hulk+1. I havent seen debrii in this deck in ages but it used to be an option.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok but at this level I have yet to see anyone play a Mystique or Patriot or Ultron unless we get randomized decks. So I just stick to being an rear end in a top hat with Enchantress.

I'm the rear end in a top hat putting out Klaw on turn 5 and Blue Marvel on turn 6.

Also played a single game today at lunch. I cleared 2 dailies, went up the next tier of weekly challenges and went up to level 45 in the season. I went from CL 341 to 368 from that 1 match. Now I have Sandman, Killmonger and Warpath. :getin:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Opopanax posted:

Where are you seeing that?

Open up the Play Store, touch your avatar on the top right, click on your Play Points section, click on the Use tab and 'Your apps & games" and you should see this:

...yeah it's a bunch of dumb steps for a coupon.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So I’m at CL497, I know I get my last Pool 2 card at the next level but I’m curious what other parts of the game change? I know you have a 1-in-whatever chance of getting Pool 3 cards from the caches and you start getting the tokens (is that per level? Per game? Also only from the caches?) but is that it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleopolis posted:

Open up the Play Store, touch your avatar on the top right, click on your Play Points section, click on the Use tab and 'Your apps & games" and you should see this:

...yeah it's a bunch of dumb steps for a coupon.

Weird, it’s in a couple dozen countries but not Canada, apparently

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I know it is not optimal but playing Black Widow on Bar Sinister remains one of the funniest things I can do in this game. It really messes people up. I’m not sure why. I’m 2 for 2 with that play even though you are conceding the Bar Sinister Lane entirely.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I filled Bar Sinister with Iron Man boosted by Mister Fantastic and Klaw before. It was glorious.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sandwolf posted:

So I’m at CL497, I know I get my last Pool 2 card at the next level but I’m curious what other parts of the game change? I know you have a 1-in-whatever chance of getting Pool 3 cards from the caches and you start getting the tokens (is that per level? Per game? Also only from the caches?) but is that it?

Your first couple pool 3 cards are directly given to you, not from caches. For the next ~100CL you'll mostly be matched with people who only have pool 2 cards, or who maybe have a couple pool 3 cards. Past that it's open season for number of series 3 cards.

For the caches I'm not sure that they have changed them other than adding tokens - those are a 25% rate for 100 tokens, but the same 1-in-4 system that they use for Reserves is different for Caches, so you're not guaranteed to have exactly a 25% rate the way you are later. Supposedly the caches bad luck protection is on the sixth cache which will force a card; once you hit 1000+ it goes to 7 due to how the reserves are generated. Until you get to 1000 each cache should have a roughly 50% chance to have a new card.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Opopanax posted:

Weird, it’s in a couple dozen countries but not Canada, apparently

drat, sorry. Didn't think about Canada. Can you do the generic stuff below it? It's 1000 points for $10 credits in the US so it's better than nothing. Not sure how Canada's Play Store works.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This was such a stupid win. Concentrated everything in the middle until after turn 4 when the locations switched. After that it was all over.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also every card I played was mine. Cable drew Hulk but he's kind of useless.

Edit: Actually, Cable drew Mister Fantastic or Ant Man. I can't remember since both are in this deck.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 30, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleopolis posted:

drat, sorry. Didn't think about Canada. Can you do the generic stuff below it? It's 1000 points for $10 credits in the US so it's better than nothing. Not sure how Canada's Play Store works.

No I mean the play points system itself isn’t up here. Must be a regulatory thing

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Also, here's a life tip:

If you get the location that gives a 9 power monster and your opponent donates it to you with Viper, do not play your other larger cards at that location.

I have Shang Chi in hand.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Another absolutely stupid win. Agent 13 created Sabretooth and Cable drew Carnage. I know this poo poo won't work soon, but it's pretty funny.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Stupid question, is the counterplay for leader to be ahead going into turn 6 or turn 5 if they’ve ramped?

The theory being that Leader punishes you for dropping your hand in a single turn.

I’m trying to think about how I can counterplay against it. The first step is identifying they’re playing leader. However, there aren’t a lot of tells apart from them leaving spots open in lanes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JackDarko posted:

Stupid question, is the counterplay for leader to be ahead going into turn 6 or turn 5 if they’ve ramped?

The theory being that Leader punishes you for dropping your hand in a single turn.

I’m trying to think about how I can counterplay against it. The first step is identifying they’re playing leader. However, there aren’t a lot of tells apart from them leaving spots open in lanes.

The best counterplays are to be running a Destroyer deck, or something like Patriot/Kazoo where you’re going to wind up dumping a bunch of useless stuff on him. Otherwise yeah, if you suspect that’s what he’s going to do, being ahead and just not taking a turn is pretty funny

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JackDarko posted:

leech on t5 and them being ahead on board means retreat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I didn’t realize that if Zola copied a goblin, it would go back over. That was a fun surprise win

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's Tiger Time!

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I just had a game with the funniest locations. It was, in order, Morag, Bar With No Name and Luke's Bar. I was able to play Okoye blind in Luke's before it revealed and dropped Brood there next turn. They retreated right after. Brutal.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

Cards generated by locations are white bordered. Cards generated by other cards are bordered by the parent card's level. In this case, Agent 13 is green bordered so Agatha is too.

I say this as someone who's used Agent 13 a lot.

And if the parent card is split, the generated card has the same split effects.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Walla posted:

I filled Bar Sinister with Iron Man boosted by Mister Fantastic and Klaw before. It was glorious.

I played someone the other day who dropped Mr. Fantastic on Bar Sinister, and it was the middle location, so they managed +8 to the other spots.

Can't remember if I won or not, but I thought it was clever.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This guy was so mad.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

the_steve posted:

I played someone the other day who dropped Mr. Fantastic on Bar Sinister, and it was the middle location, so they managed +8 to the other spots.

Can't remember if I won or not, but I thought it was clever.

Bar Sinister is completely broken for the right deck.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Thanks for the advice on Leader, goons.

I made it to Diamond using a modified version of my Quake deck. I’m not convinced it’s a useful card without Morag. With the right locations, it’s very disruptive.

Proud of the progress considering Silver is where I landed last season.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Walla posted:

Yeah, it's fun.
I put Bucky and Carnage down on it once, which gave me 3 Winter Soldiers and an 8 power Carnage when all was said and done.

Not spectacular, but it won me the location and racked up some kills for my Death card.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Walla posted:

They've sadly changed how Onslaught works so this can't be done any more, but we'll always have the memories :allears:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I liked when Bar Sinister was a featured location because it was a game of chicken. You could queue up a big combo but they might shut you down with Green Goblin. But if you went early with a 2 or 3, they could end up with their side full of GG or maybe they could play their own big combo.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Yondu on turn 1 hitting a Wong followed by an instant retreat will always make me chuckle.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just used Aero to drag an opponent's turn 6 Shang Chi onto the space where their own Kingpin was waiting to destroy it, I almost felt bad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Aero and kingpin is just my favourite poo poo especially when she drags several cards over and he meticulously stomps on each one.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I coulda sworn Blue Marvel boosted Ultron's drones, but that didn't happen just now.

something change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Ongoing effects disabled? Some other aura giving them -1? He definitely does