Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he sho uld go on the ravens. if wanting to do a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about Stroud, Richardson, and Carter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wow. the raiders get one of the new qbs for much cheaper and they're better and younger than derek or just like derek if they have to pick the third one. amazing

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lol did he finally realize there's very little receiver depth in this class?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Bears gonna get him with the Lions pick in the teens after Detroit trades both firsts for pick number two babey

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who is the fastest receiver in this draft so I can watch him get taken right before the Chiefs in the second or third round and join guys like Tee Higgins, DK Metcalf and Terry McLaurin who would be great with Mahomes and instead have to watch Hardman and Skyy drop passes and punts all the time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

Who is the fastest receiver in this draft so I can watch him get taken right before the Chiefs in the second or third round and join guys like Tee Higgins, DK Metcalf and Terry McLaurin who would be great with Mahomes and instead have to watch Hardman and Skyy drop passes and punts all the time

Probably Jalin Hyatt from Tennessee

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 29, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
One of the knocks I saw on Hyatt all year was that there’s not a lot of tape on how good of a route runner he is or can he win a contested ball because he hasn’t really had to. He just blows by everyone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

One of the knocks I saw on Hyatt all year was that there’s not a lot of tape on how good of a route runner he is or can he win a contested ball because he hasn’t really had to. He just blows by everyone

It's the anti-Drake London

sign me up

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Joey Freshwater posted:

This was a generic take on DK Metcalf. "He can only run go routes" kind of deal. On a team like the chiefs do they need him to do much more than just go fast and straight year 1?

DK is pretty good at other routes, but the go routes are also very good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watching tape of Hyatt and is anyone else seeing Henry Ruggs, minus the 50 years in prison

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Watching tape of Hyatt and is anyone else seeing Henry Ruggs, minus the 50 years in prison

Give to me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRTRGUy0N8

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't like this trend of predicting the arrest records

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

EmbryoSteve posted:

This was a generic take on DK Metcalf. "He can only run go routes" kind of deal. On a team like the chiefs do they need him to do much more than just go fast and straight year 1?

DK is pretty good at other routes, but the go routes are also very good.

DK is four inches taller and 50 lbs heavier and ran the same 40 time. He isn’t a good comp in any way. Hyatt is speed only, he doesn’t have much else.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Looks like a significant upgrade to MVS so yeah thanks all, I'm in. Now I'm going to covet him for the next four months only to see him get taken by the Panthers where he'll be wasted.

And the draft is in KC no less

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

DK is four inches taller and 50 lbs heavier and ran the same 40 time. He isn’t a good comp in any way. Hyatt is speed only, he doesn’t have much else.

So we shouldn't expect a repeat of this?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

A lot of posters and draftniks basically called DK a human drag car and many of them even pointed out that despite his size he didn't know how to use it in college. Just because he's a little bigger doesn't mean their play styles don't have the same knocks coming out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did Hyatt get bumped or pressed a single time in that highlight reel? Given his build (185 pounds!) feels like NFL corners are gonna just toss him to the ground.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Hyatt is likely to have a faster 40 time than DK at the combine.

Your point is still well taken… MEANING that Hyatt will be taken by the chiefs or chargers or ravens or Seahawks.

(I am rooting for the fast man to go to a great qb or just to my fave team, update the spreadsheet accordingly)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did Hyatt get bumped or pressed a single time in that highlight reel? Given his build (185 pounds!) feels like NFL corners are gonna just toss him to the ground.

I'm not falling for this after Davanta Smith and Christian Watson

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

SKULL.GIF posted:

I mean, they deliberately played him off the line or directly behind a flanker in the Tennessee Mickey Mouse special. He actually blocks way better than you would expect so I’m less worried about his physicality and wayyyy more worried about what happens when he doesn’t have space to operated by design or a truncated route tree. Downside is enough to compare him to Corey Coleman. I could see him easily turn out to be a Jeremy Maclin though.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Maclin had a glacial 4.45 40. Hyatt is vastly superior to such a turtle.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

I'm not falling for this after Davanta Smith and Christian Watson

Watson is a full 20 pounds heavier than Hyatt.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Maclin had a glacial 4.45 40. Hyatt is vastly superior to such a turtle.

On a hyperextended knee lol. He was a 4.3 guy on tape, but what I love about the comparison is the way they schemed to keep him clean yet still managed to have him demonstrate some physicality. I saw someone compare him to Will Fuller which is probably a better comparison for him vertically, but I really think you can take Hyatt and make him into what the eagles used to do with DJax and Maclin with some patience. You need to work on his ability to sell double moves, intermediate routes, and any type of option route that requires him to read space over spots, but the athleticism is the type of thing that you can really really have fun with and he doesn’t have quite the dropsy traits that usually make me squeamish with these dudes.

Also, programming note, Mrs. TGG got me a new laptop for Christmas that should make life a lot easier for the rest of the season (this is the first year I was without a personal computer in…a while), so not having to phone post for the other effort posts or grade QB prospects in the Numbers App should make things a lot less headache inducing for the Edge/DT/WR effort posts. I do still intend to complete the stretch goal on the challenge this year but want people to be aware that I’m going to be lagging a bit while I consolidate my phone notes, pages files from iCloud, physical notebook, and chat notes since my paper trail this year was farrrr messier than usual.

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 30, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Also, programming note, Mrs. TGG got me a new laptop for Christmas that should make life a lot easier for the rest of the season (this is the first year I was without a personal computer in…a while), so not having to phone post for the other effort posts or grade QB prospects in the Numbers App should make things a lot less headache inducing for the Edge/DT/WR effort posts. I do still intend to complete the stretch goal on the challenge this year but want people to be aware that I’m going to be lagging a bit while I consolidate my phone notes, pages files from iCloud, physical notebook, and chat notes since my paper trail this year was farrrr messier than usual.

Please tell Mrs. TGG that you raised $105.00 for an animal shelter because of your football knowledge and horny Al Pacino

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what you really need out of a speedy receiver is the ability to freeze certain body parts while other parts directly attached to those parts are warping fastly within an extremely tiny amount of space. then, relatively "suddenly", the entire area is located somewhere else. visually, these types of people are already gone before a defender is aware of it. sometimes people will not really quite get what they saw and call it something like "slippery" or paradoxically some kind of synonym of either "smooth" or "spasmodic." that's a real top 5 talent you've got there. if they can't catch then put gloves on them, try to get them to about 80% for uncontested balls and that's enough to be a wr1 with that kind of ability.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Watson is a full 20 pounds heavier than Hyatt.

That’s not really the point, the point is he was supposed to be easily bumped and taken out of the play

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Is Levis +1000 for first overall pick a stupid bet? I don’t see it happening but there’s enough stuff out there about it being possible (and some nfl teams are incredibly stupid) that the long odds feel half decent.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

kiimo posted:

That’s not really the point, the point is he was supposed to be easily bumped and taken out of the play

Less that you could bump him and more “hey you typically use him as a decoy/vertical stretch and throw when they sag off of him”. He didn’t show an elite release or anything special running routes, but he was a vert merchant. Turns out that just like him and Olave, there is merit to guys who produce even though everyone knows what they’re doing and they just kinda do it smoothly. Hardest thing about projecting receivers is figuring out who falls in that category versus being a Corey Coleman or Marquise Lee.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

The Big Jesus posted:

Is Levis +1000 for first overall pick a stupid bet? I don’t see it happening but there’s enough stuff out there about it being possible (and some nfl teams are incredibly stupid) that the long odds feel half decent.

You’ll find out once the combine happens, so you might never get better odds than right now

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

The Big Jesus posted:

It's a stupid bet but stupid bets sometimes pay out real well in the nfl (levis will be complete garbage but teams won't figure that out for a while)

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

But is it stupider than the Texans brain trust?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I was told that Stroud crumpled in the face of pressure. I was told that Stroud failed when plays break down.

I was told lies!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yes please

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1609394365511729154?s=20&t=L-4Z9QJuYPklzwNcjlqSEA

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That game was fun as hell tonight and I'd take Stroud in a heart beat.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

no! Stroud to Seahawks :mad:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

bears please do the needful and win more games than Denver tia

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Allbright is wrong 95% of the time yet people still buy his bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I'm down for this.