Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
try to lick it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
echi looks like ur gf hacked into ur account

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

echi looks like ur gf hacked into ur account

drat

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Sawstop Salesman of the Year flopping his dong into the sawblade.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I ordered a new dime

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bloody posted:

his original plan was to license the patent to table saw manufacturers and he attempted to force them into it by lobbying for regulations that would require his (or equivalent, good luck) safety device lol

also have a sawstop, big fan of it, have never triggered it, hope to never trigger it

how do you know it works

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

I ordered a new dime

Nice!

ive got a couple moras on my rainy day wishlistu

i had one of the latter for a couple years but recently left it on my back bumper and then took a drive, RIP

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Bloody posted:

also have a sawstop, big fan of it, have never triggered it, hope to never trigger it

this username/content mismatch is TOO MUCH

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

fart simpson posted:

how do you know it works

the built in tests blink the lights appropriately and also react appropriately to my hand on the stopped blade

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DXea-x0s4

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lmfao what

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the karcher window vac, via the wv6 kit. we got it because this place has these big floor to ceiling windows and i didnt want to spend a bunch of time cleaning them. with this thing it took me a few minutes to start getting consistently clean and streak-free windows, with the project done in a few minutes or so. now i wonder if it'll work on other stuff like the inside of the van windshield

- spray window liberally with spray bottle
- wipe it around a bit using the brush half of the spray bottle, get the spray to an even coat
- run the vacuum across it in columns. if you notice a hair or something caught in the rubber blade then wipe it off with your finger real quick before resuming

probably works best if it's cloudy or if the window is in the shade, so that the spray doesn't dry up too quickly

haven't been using it very long so idk how often you need blade replacements or whatever, but they do carry them

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

i appreciate that he spent all this time making the thing with period-correct techniques, but boy, if there was ever a part that you just send out for wire edm...

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I’m not watching a 22 minute video about a wrench. what’s the deal

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
There isn't really much more to it than what you can see. Some insane guy in 1919 designed a wrench that would fit every fastener he could think of. It takes a totally absurd amount of machining to construct.

Most of the design is pointless because he included a universal alligator wrench in the handle.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

got my dime. it’s small

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hilti fuckin whips rear end

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

how do you know it works

I think it’s expensive to buy whatever you need to reset it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at work I have to use small spatulas quite a lot and let me tell you I have some opinions on spatches

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

akadajet posted:

I think it’s expensive to buy whatever you need to reset it

if that’s true… is it really worth it?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

if that’s true… is it really worth it?

How much do you value your fingers???

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

echinopsis posted:

at work I have to use small spatulas quite a lot and let me tell you I have some opinions on spatches

there are questions to be asked that require no answers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

akadajet posted:

How much do you value your fingers???

$250?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I once knew a dude who lost a finger or two and got paid out maybe two grand for it? he seemed pretty pleased with the deal lmaol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
guessss whoooo got a makita impact driver for xmas :getin:

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
hell yeah those drivers are good, i used mine to drill concrete bolt holes for a greenhouse. this year I got a little jigsaw so I can stop using a wide drill bit to bore things out when I need a hole.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
lmao i done the same thing fam. no jigsaw :(

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

i used mine to drill concrete bolt holes for a greenhouse.

is there an impact driver/hammer drill confusion here? like you could use an impact driver for concrete but...

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
yeah you are right actually

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
when I finally splurged on cordless tools the impact wrench ended up being the unexpected MVP: turns out, tires always need rotating

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
spent some time goofing with my latest tool impulse buy

Surprisingly good for like 90 bucks. Only annoying thing is that it won't both act as a USB webcam and display on the monitor at the same time. Other than that it works fuckin' great. it even has an 18650 in there so if you need to do a quick repair or something you aint gotta plug it in at all

i predict many fun hijinks on the stream with this and the soldering iron. it does 720p out the webcam jack, which ends up being fine

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I bought a handful of these 1 ft power cables and they have been shockingly useful. I could stumble upon the most gnarly wall wart and not even flinch these days. Weird plug that tries to get out of the way by blocking all adjacent outlets? The power cord bin can fix this problem.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep i bought 15 of them last month and have used almost all of 'em. i've also given one or two five-packs away as little gifts and the reaction is great

"tiny...short...extension cords?"

"wait"

o_O

"holy poo poo these RULE thank you!"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yeah they're great. I wish i could find little ungrounded ones for as cheap as you can get these big burly ones for - cause like 90% of the use case is for lil wall warts - but whatever.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

yep i bought 15 of them last month and have used almost all of 'em. i've also given one or two five-packs away as little gifts and the reaction is great

"tiny...short...extension cords?"

"wait"

o_O

"holy poo poo these RULE thank you!"

Oh that’s a pro tier gift.

Also recently bought a few of these:

Haven’t had them too long but they’ve come in super handy while I’ve been futzing with my turntable poo poo. I just hate power strips.

tk fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 30, 2022

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bought some channel lock pliers today, as a treat.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

saw stop brake cartridges are like $70? and you’re also out the blade.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
username/post

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

saw stop brake cartridges are like $70? and you’re also out the blade.

as opposed to being out tens of thousands and a finger, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

oh yeah I’m a big fan of my sawstop and will absolutely never use a brakeless table saw again