Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Finally got a good Bull Butcher cleaver for my Ogryn. I'm not going to say it's best in class or anything, but enough to stop trying for better for now. Probably going to switch crit chance over to flak. Thoughts?

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I can confirm that Crushers can indeed mount the ramp at the end of Throneside. Another attempt at On Overwatch down the drain thanks to two of them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Internet Explorer posted:

Finally got a good Bull Butcher cleaver for my Ogryn. I'm not going to say it's best in class or anything, but enough to stop trying for better for now. Probably going to switch crit chance over to flak. Thoughts?

Crit chance to flak is a good choice, you get nothing from crit.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

S.J. posted:

Crit chance to flak is a good choice, you get nothing from crit.

Crit is currently bugged, even when you aren't critting its still modifying armor pen like it is.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Chillgamesh posted:

He has a line about grabbing a bite of the Trapper when he kills her, and another one about not going for a taste of the Beast of Nurgle after it dies :whitewater:

and a line about having eaten part of the Corrupter that makes one of the vet voices order him to stay down wind.

edit: oh yeah thanks whoever it was who pointed out the shred damage on the chainsword didn't count for getting 'abhor the mutant', that was driving me crazy.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The "fully complete all secondary objectives on a single specific map 6 times" weekly is truly horrible. Didn't get every single scripture or grim, which very few groups will? gently caress you, complete waste of your time. Better hope that map is actually available with a secondary objective again when you get back to the random mission selection. Better hope it isn't Heresy or Damnation either because then you have a 0.5% chance of getting that poo poo done instead of a 15% chance.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Vargs posted:

The "fully complete all secondary objectives on a single specific map 6 times" weekly is truly horrible. Didn't get every single scripture or grim, which very few groups will? gently caress you, complete waste of your time. Better hope that map is actually available with a secondary objective again when you get back to the random mission selection. Better hope it isn't Heresy or Damnation either because then you have a 0.5% chance of getting that poo poo done instead of a 15% chance.

The currency those missions generate is basically worthless, why worry about it

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

terrorist ambulance posted:

I've seen multiple really good weapons, one of which was a 380 base power Heavy Stubber with solid blessings I couldn't buy because I was 200 short after completing my weeklies. Because I rerolled the longer ones. :negative:

I also think early on after just hitting 30 it's an easy way to buff out your curio slots. It's not a total waste IMO.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

terrorist ambulance posted:

It is one of the few objectives the game gives you, why is it weird to want to do it

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've only completed one of those so far, which was killing 750 dregs in melee. Zealot is my main class so far. I appreciate it when the game rewards me for what I'm doing anyway.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The cosmetics screen is insisting that I have a new item for my ogryn, but i ain't got poo poo

Otherwise I've been having a great time.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

quote:

Morrow: Don't worry about it, replacement workers will be conscripted from other habs.

Zealot: Does the Hammer of the Emperor have no regard for the lives they protect? One day there shall come a reckoning, this I swear!

...I'm kind of amazed my zealot wasn't shoved out of the valkyrie on its way back to the ship and no one's blammed her.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

It is one of the few objectives the game gives you, why is it weird to want to do it

I'm not saying it's weird, play the game however you like it's just the objectives are very poorly balanced, often your progress doesn't even get counted properly, some of them are not even really finishable, and the currency has marginal utility. It's frustrating but my reaction is to just to ignore it and chop heads rather than worry about a clearly busted feature

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You should always, always reroll the 6 secondary objective mission because it is dumb and bad, the "kill dregs and scabs in melee/ranged" are auto-completes because it counts your teammates helping.

25 missions is the longest, but if you are fine with gritting your teeth and speedrunning 2's and 3's it'll come eventually.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You should always, always reroll the 6 secondary objective mission because it is dumb and bad, the "kill dregs and scabs in melee/ranged" are auto-completes because it counts your teammates helping.

25 missions is the longest, but if you are fine with gritting your teeth and speedrunning 2's and 3's it'll come eventually.

I usually reroll 25 missions into grims/scrips because it's less overall missions.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

S.J. posted:

I usually reroll 25 missions into grims/scrips because it's less overall missions.

Two weeks in a row I've used my last reroll on a 25 Mission contract and gotten the 6 secondary objective missions, which really does feel like paying 7500 dockets for the privilege of not being able to get the 1k weekly completion payout

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

S.J. posted:

Given my experience this week I'd have preferred the 25 missions, every mission i take pubbies seem to want to rush through it and nobody's grabbing any scrips!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sab Sabbington posted:

Two weeks in a row I've used my last reroll on a 25 Mission contract and gotten the 6 secondary objective missions, which really does feel like paying 7500 dockets for the privilege of not being able to get the 1k weekly completion payout

Jesus that sucks

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I see a lot of Zealots ITT swearing by Holy Revenant but I've never found a good case for it. Most of the time when I would go down, it's from things like sniper fire, over extension, or bad special spawn. I rarely trigger the 5s invul in a situation where I could be able to do a lot of damage because I don't usually get hit that much during hoards. Looking for thoughts.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mendrian posted:

I see a lot of Zealots ITT swearing by Holy Revenant but I've never found a good case for it. Most of the time when I would go down, it's from things like sniper fire, over extension, or bad special spawn. I rarely trigger the 5s invul in a situation where I could be able to do a lot of damage because I don't usually get hit that much during hoards. Looking for thoughts.

When it’s good it’s good but you’re generally better off avoiding situations where you’d need it with the hit stun immunity and move speed talent in that line.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
It seems like an odd choice to give zealots effects that trigger on bleeds when they're the flamer class; give me burn synergy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mendrian posted:

You get the exact same 5-second invulnerability even without the perk, you just don't regain health from damage dealt while invulnerable, and that health restore has never done anything meaningful for me.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mendrian posted:

Die more to hoards and less to snipers imo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Russian Remoulade posted:

It seems like an odd choice to give zealots effects that trigger on bleeds when they're the flamer class; give me burn synergy.

I mean, basically every class talent tree is half baked bullshit shoved out the door, why would Zealot be any different.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The invuln and heal is what lets zealot pull off insane clutches. Assuming youre not already at 2 hp from eating sniper shots you should be revolvering in a dire situation you should have some health, you can kite around a giant horde as long as its mostly melee guys and if you ever slip up you just heal to full then ult away to get your toughness back.

With zealots baseline dodge and stamina you can effectively kite forever.

Also you dont need to run the heal perk below heresy its pointless thats easy mode. On heresy and damnation though you can strategically proc it in safe situations to heal back to full.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I mean, basically every class talent tree is half baked bullshit shoved out the door, why would Zealot be any different.

this is deffo true, zealot and psyker absolutely need their feat trees tinkered with

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sab Sabbington posted:

I don't reroll the 25's for that reason alone, just swap over the 6 secondary objectives and that's good enough.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm not going to say it's super top tier, but that combo of Antax axe with Momentum and an autogun with Crucian Roulette is loving awesome. Critting pretty much every hit and being a kento clear hordes with an axe is awesome. Not to mention the super high damage resist. A+.

You just better hope your team can handle range.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While I've liked the zealot's holy revenant feat a lot for getting a free heal every 90 seconds in dicey situations, I've been enjoying the cannot be stunned zealot feat for heresy and damnation much more, it says melee hits but it's actually every stun from guns to toughness breaks to cancelling your sprint, combined with zealot's hidden stats to take reduced damage while sprinting and no damage while sliding you become a very slippery boy with a dagger tying down all the gunners in a room and stabbing gunners in the head as you slide past.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My main complaint about the zealot heal perk is that it's only useful against hordes, but if I'm facing a horde I am virtually invincible through my constant humongous regeneration of toughness on melee kills and now that 100% toughness means no chip damage, just being around a horde and swinging a weapon that hits a lot of them is essentially god-mode in and of itself.

The only times I ever get downed on my zealot are when I get caught off-guard by a single elite. In those cases even without the heal perk the cheat death saves me, and with the heal perk I'd gain like maybe 5-10 hp from killing the elite.

I don't play on Damnation so maybe it's different there but zealot feels practically invincible in the first place. Meanwhile the alternative to the heal talent, the one that makes you take no hitstun from melee and gain a speed boost when you get hit, is probably the single best talent in the game for any class, and gives you far more survivability than any other talent in the entire game because with it, melee enemies can never hit you more than once unless you intentionally allow them to - because you can just walk away from them now. And backpedaling away while swinging is the most effective way to play this game because none of the (melee) enemies are designed to be able to hit you while you're moving - unless you get hitstunned. That includes Monstrosities (you can literally just backpedal out of 100% of a plague ogryn's attacks) and everything that is melee except for the Daemonhost.

e: I can see its use as an intentional heal button against hordes, but that's so conditional that I'd rather take the hitstun one. If it was just a straight up like 33%-50% heal after the invul, that might be good :shrug:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 30, 2022

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss posted:

My main complaint about the zealot heal perk is that it's only useful against hordes, but if I'm facing a horde I am virtually invincible through my constant humongous regeneration of toughness on melee kills and now that 100% toughness means no chip damage, just being around a horde and swinging a weapon that hits a lot of them is essentially god-mode in and of itself.

The only times I ever get downed on my zealot are when I get caught off-guard by a single elite. In those cases even without the heal perk the cheat death saves me, and with the heal perk I'd gain like maybe 5-10 hp from killing the elite.

I don't play on Damnation so maybe it's different there but zealot feels practically invincible in the first place. Meanwhile the alternative to the heal talent, the one that makes you take no hitstun from melee and gain a speed boost when you get hit, is probably the single best talent in the game for any class, and gives you far more survivability than any other talent in the entire game because with it, melee enemies can never hit you more than once unless you intentionally allow them to - because you can just walk away from them now.

Yeah this is pretty much my issue. Like, the number of times I a.) am saved by my invul and b.) have a target rich environment can basically be counted on one hand. I play almost exclusively on Heresy these days.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I would walk up to that target rich environment and stand still and say "take the first shot" while I had 10 hp.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would walk up to that target rich environment and stand still and say "take the first shot" while I had 10 hp.

Or I could just not have taken that kind of damage in the first place! If my health is full, I don't need to do that! Like maybe Damnation is where it's at but I usually have like... all of my health for most of the map.

Idk maybe I need to give it another shot. I tried it out when I first started Heresy and the like two or three times I tried to use it I either had nothing left to kill or I charged into a crowd only for someone on my team to kill everything first.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chillgamesh posted:

I want a mission where you push with a Leman Russ up a giant Throneside boulevard a la Hoxton Breakout in Payday 2 and you have to protect it from heretic lascannons and such.
:hmmyes:

make it a land raider, the machine spirit can sound like an aperture science character

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Finally got my first character to level 30. Shocked by the story twist of the traitor actually being [NAMELESS BACKGROUND CHARACTER].

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I somehow missed the fact that there was a traitor entirely until I got to that cutscene, which made it extra impactful

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Finally got my first character to level 30. Shocked by the story twist of the traitor actually being [NAMELESS BACKGROUND CHARACTER].

What I liked myself after going "Who?" Was going back through the cutscenes a second time around and seeing all the times that person showed up. There really could be more to it though I agree

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It honestly would of improved things without the cutscenes every few levels, they added nothing of value.

I really do think they had plans to make you build trust and do missions for specific NPCs, hence the cutscenes, another part lending to this theory is mission chatter where Zola randomly talked about her history in the cartel and next mission when someone asks her about it "DON'T PRETEND YOU ARE MY FRIEND WE WILL NOT DISCUSS THIS"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
If the cutscenes tied into the gameplay that wouldve been swell.

Like oh poo poo, a traitor on board? Gimme all them on-ship missions like the prison escape one! Yeah hit me with that new unlocked mission type! Personal sidequest to collect evidence in missions? Sure thing!

Oh, it actually changes literally nothing whatsoever? ok

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The cutscenes are all laying the groundwork for an epic Among Us crossover event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Holy revenant is one of the best talents in the game