Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Hyperlynx posted:

drat, Skweezy, you're meant to start off small, not jump right in at the deep end

*Dredd voice* It's all the deep end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1608590553117229056?t=kk7gZdoMRY4YPt4iY84mvg&s=19

Giving credit to Greta when we all know who's really responsible

https://twitter.com/Skweezy/status/1607544410648215553?t=e3et6CDLzngWS4CmBi1saQ&s=19

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1608582107563167744

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
This is what happens when you never watch Star Wars

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
For anyone not clicking through that twitter thread, Andrew Tate and his brother have just been arrested on human trafficking charges because their video/post let the authorities know right where they were.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Can you imagine owning someone so hard in public the police arrests them? I mean, drat.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

FreshFeesh posted:

For anyone not clicking through that twitter thread, Andrew Tate and his brother have just been arrested on human trafficking charges because their video/post let the authorities know right where they were.

This ain't the Schadenfreude thread, but good lord this is some delicious Schad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ComicGirlAshley/status/1608421924249665539

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

As Questions To < Now indeed!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

If you have to ask ASK

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Robobot posted:

Half of all marriages end in divorce.

Half of all marriages end in death. 2spooky

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Original joke by me:

Alabama is #1!

At poverty, low education, and obesity.

Alabama has more college football titles than last names

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I figure it's meant to be "remember the blessings, forget the troubles" but I can't figure out where "days" is meant to fit

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

bike tory posted:

I figure it's meant to be "remember the blessings, forget the troubles" but I can't figure out where "days" is meant to fit

"Remember the day's blessings. Forget the day's troubles."

Only with no punctuation and arranged like a game of Pick-up Sticks. Because that's what boring midwestern housewives think is art.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Remember the days forget the days blessings trouble

With punctuation:
Remember the days? Forget the days! Blessings? Trouble!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Kheldarn posted:

Didn’t there used to be a bad construction thread somewhere?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

GroverFort

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Kheldarn posted:

I remember making my palace look like this in Sid Meier's Civilization, as a kid. Big mediaeval tower in the middle, and the other two architectural options for the wings.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

'castle' is a top tier search term on MLS listing sites because you end up with a good number of realtor "a home is a castle" cliches and then like actual bullshit like this right here, its crazy how many of these there are

the one in the photo is architecturally perplexing because its real hard to tell if its legit lovely 1970s architecture or a recent build/renovation that simply apes lovely 1970s architecture, and in both cases there's a giant brick tower regardless

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I can't fault anyone who is like "you know what? I'm going to live in a CASTLE"

The real sin here is not following through with the rest of the house.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Somehow less thought-through than the Dilbert house.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
We have an actual castle here in Sacramento.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/700-Elisa-Way-Roseville-CA-95661/17728143_zpid/

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

if by "actual" castle, you apparently mean "a wood-frame structure built to look vaguely like a castle in the late 1970s by some rich weirdo."

From the phrase "actual castle" I was at LEAST expecting it to be made of stone.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Listen, if marriage ending in death isn't your thing you can have Zagreus shack up with Megaera or Medusa instead. Some people just prefer Than's warm embrace.

Also: lol at Andrew Tate.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Didn’t there used to be a bad construction thread somewhere?

Here ya go!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Railing Kill posted:

Listen, if marriage ending in death isn't your thing you can have Zagreus shack up with Megaera or Medusa instead. Some people just prefer Than's warm embrace.

Also: lol at Andrew Tate.

:actually: Dusa - while smitten - is off limits since she's in your employ. Which she eventually points out, if you pursue things far enough.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Groverschloß

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I kiss you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Half of all marriages end in death. 2spooky

Wait, how do I help ensure that my marriage is one of the immortal ones?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wait, how do I help ensure that my marriage is one of the immortal ones?

Keep a healthy supply of cheese on hand at all times.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I 100% would love to live in a castle house with a spire or one of those dome houses. I don't give a poo poo how stupid/silly they look. I like them. :colbert:

edit:

This is cool damnit:

Like living in an on theme Disney gift shop!

Robobot has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Dec 30, 2022

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

As Roel Konijnendijk will tell you, your home isn't much of a castle unless it has a big rear end ditch. Where is your ditch!?

fe: ^^ to it's credit that one looks like it has a ditch

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I drove through a tiny Swedish village last summer and smack down in the middle of it was a probably 18th century looking palace surrounded by a massive moat. Like a en entire swimming pool in length from the structure to the other side.

No idea if it was some notable building or just a random fort kept to keep out the Danes that later got converted to be a residence once the Forever War over Skåne calmed down.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Dec 30, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Robobot posted:

This is cool damnit:

Yeah this is kitch but it's a unified aesthetic, and you could probably have a side hustle in renting it out as an event space.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I would take a kitschy castle over a lot of modern looks that seem like Scandinavian Bond villain lair.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Robobot posted:

I 100% would love to live in a castle house with a spire or one of those dome houses. I don't give a poo poo how stupid/silly they look. I like them. :colbert:

edit:

This is cool damnit:

This house loving kicks rear end and I want to record my next heavy album there.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Robobot posted:

edit:

This is cool damnit:

Might not want to live there but would totally rent it as an airbnb for a romantic weekend getaway.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I can't fault anyone who is like "you know what? I'm going to live in a CASTLE"

The real sin here is not following through with the rest of the house.

There's a house in my city that has this front tower thing but then the rest of the house is very normal EXCEPT all the roof lines have stone blocks to make it look like a castle wall.

Not the rest of the wall, that's just unkempt siding, just the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
If your house hasn't repelled at least one Viking invasion then it ain't a castle. :colbert: