Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

They should name a street in Kyiv after Amongus.

Cry-laugh Emoji Blvd

(best snype. I am a king)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

How hot is she?

it aint worth it man

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
no, I have noticed beckys get a pass for doing heinous poo poo if they are hot.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

merkel should run for fuhrer again, i think she still has a few krauts to beat for time in office

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can we say "krauts"? Uh

Maybe "jerries" would be a little less incendiary

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oh no not anti German discrimination

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

North Germans.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can we say "krauts"? Uh

Maybe "jerries" would be a little less incendiary

The only anti-German slur that will be allowed itt is "dirty, dirty Hun."

e: wait, scratch that, "squarehead."

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i prefer clean huns

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
why they never called germs

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

why they never called germs

I think it just sounds too close to "Germans." A good slur's got to be unmistakable.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Rip molo.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

wow what the gently caress

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

mod feedback threads: let a thousand flowers bloom

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

relobotomized molo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

A Russian troll farm posted:

mod feedback threads: let a thousand flowers bloom

No! That's too many flowers!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Can we free all political prisoners from this thread in the New Year?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

A good way to reduce the perception that cspam posters are banned disproportionately is to ban the posters who say that

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

OctaMurk posted:

merkel shoulda used the time of the minsk agreement to get off russian gas lol

ok heres the plan boys, we're gonna set up ukraine to fite teh russians in the future, a war in which russia would be our indirect enemy. and in the mean time lets build some gas pipelines to russia and make our who industry, economy dependent on this enemy

I guess the arguments against that would be it may tip the Russians off and it would help them harden their economy against sanctions by forcing them to develop other markets. Turns out they did this anyway, which is good evidence I think that Russia is not as neo-liberal (as Michael Hudson recently said, a synonym for banker directed) as it's made out to be. From what little I know it's a mixed economy with a significant amount of state control.
I don't buy this level of forward thinking from European leaders but it's possible they pushed Minsk at the behest of the USA and that was the reason they were given at the time.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Slavvy posted:

A good way to reduce the perception that cspam posters are banned disproportionately is to ban the posters who say that

Can someone clarify what a permaban means and is the penalty for in real terms?

I’m waiting for Sex Pig to return to posting here as long as he behaves, but somehow it hasn’t happened yet.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Calibanibal posted:

super cool of the mods to ban fly mojo for the crime of being an annoying spergy prick. thats not racist at all!

Does his power know no bounds?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Slavvy posted:

If a judge refuses to rule on any substantive issue, ever, his only recourse is to remove advocates from the room until they stop arguing the issues.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:whitewater:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin has celebrity power as well!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1608900152433205249

lmfao

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How come nobody in the west ever talks about Solzhenitsyn's other books?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m waiting for Sex Pig to return to posting here as long as he behaves, but somehow it hasn’t happened yet.

i beliebe a perma ban is like a ban, but permanent

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

How come nobody in the west ever talks about Solzhenitsyn's other books?

Those ones don't have spectacular-yet-strangely-unsourced numbers about the eleventy billion people passing through the Gulag system, so they're worthless.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
That guy sure seemed to have some opinions about religion, monarchs, ethnicities, and Putin.

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Having said that, I think it might have been defensible, and at least would have limited the damage from the war and given Russia more moral authority, if they had limited the operation to guaranteeing the security of the republics, moving regular forces within their territory and acting from a defensive posture. A pro-Russian rebuttal to this might be that this would simply trigger more extremism and more Western arms being sent to the Kiev government, and that only toppling the Kiev government and installing a friendly one would have managed to secure the separatist regions in the long term, but they have failed to do this regardless.

More like would just have given Ukraine even more ability to continue to build up forces and doing attacks outside of this theoretical small security zone that doesn't even include the other pro-Russia/ethnically Russian areas where they would continue to be abused and murdered without reason. I'm not sure what parallel universe Russia would ever have "moral authority" in doing any kind of armed action because the entire west had already spun up the propaganda machine before 2014 (Odessa massacre who?)

You guys can split hairs about calling it genocide but I'm not sure what else to call a state actor killing people based on their ethnicity and banning their language and religions. Do you also not think there is a genocide against Black Americans because of the relatively low body count? Even if you have problems with Russia or the operation you have to admit Ukraine is a nazi government. It had to stop somewhere. Laughable that it's either going too far or taking too long for you monday morning quarterbacks

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Majorian posted:

As a French Canadian, have I been lied to all my life by being told squareheads were anglo?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frosted Flake posted:

You can’t just pay $10 to come back as the same account/username .

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's definitely ethnic cleansing, any way you cut it.

But the liberals have completely robbed "genocide" of any meaning just like "imperialism" by applying it to whatever thing they think is bad.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

supersnowman posted:

As a French Canadian, have I been lied to all my life by being told squareheads were anglo?

It may vary by region, but in the US it primarily referred to Germanic immigrants during the Gold Rush days. "Deadwood" brought it back into the public consciousness.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Some quotes from Solzhenitsyn's wiki entry. Seems like us tankies could learn to see the good in people more.

"Yeltsin decreed I be honored the highest state order. I replied that I was unable to receive an award from a government that had led Russia into such dire straits."

Solzhenitsyn claimed the Western democracies apparently cared little about how many died in the East

Solzhenitsyn criticized the 2003 invasion of Iraq and accused the United States of the "occupation" of Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq.[125]

Solzhenitsyn was critical of NATO's eastward expansion towards Russia's borders.[126] In 2006, Solzhenitsyn accused NATO of trying to bring Russia under its control;

Solzhenitsyn further alleged that the theory that the Holodomor was a genocide which only victimized the Ukrainian people was created decades later by believers in an anti-Russian form of extreme Ukrainian nationalism.

Weka
May 5, 2019

supersnowman posted:

I'm reading this as a dig at Anglos by calling them Germanics. In NZ it's mostly commonly applied to the Boer but I presume that's because they play rugby so we care more about being racist to them.

Thoguh posted:

You can’t just pay $10 to come back as the same account/username .

In Fly Molo's case it effectively means they can't come back at all due to their inability to just drop certain topics.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Majorian posted:

The only anti-German slur that will be allowed itt is "dirty, dirty Hun."

Requesting an exception for "boche"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Requesting an exception for "boche"

That one's a new one to me! I just looked it up and it comes from a French term I guess?

Anyway, all anti-German slurs are allowed and encouraged. This is my final ruling on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Weka posted:

Solzhenitsyn further alleged that the theory that the Holodomor was a genocide which only victimized the Ukrainian people was created decades later by believers in an anti-Russian form of extreme Ukrainian nationalism.

Wow this guy was a genocide denier? Not sure I should read his work...

Majorian posted:

That one's a new one to me! I just looked it up and it comes from a French term I guess?

Anyway, all anti-German slurs are allowed and encouraged. This is my final ruling on the matter.

Thank you kindly