Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not a whale, but I've successfully rolled on a few 5* banner weapons and regret nothing. Raiden's is pretty drat amazing for her (it works wonders on Shenhe too) and Yelan's bow is amazing on her and a few others too like Childe and Tighnari. With it I can clear the lower HP mobs in any group with just Yelan's skill.

I mean yeah, you'll be fine with most 4* alternatives but some banner 5* weapons cover a lot of characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

If the weapon banner wasn't 50% chance to get some random garbage I think I'd be more willing to roll on it since I like the cool looking weapons. I've gotten way more joy out of the random WGS I picked up from the standard banner than like, maybe half the 5 stars I have.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

At the very least you can get 4* and 5* standard banner characters and weapons from the weapon banner too I guess. But yeah, overall it's not a great deal. Would be nice if the weapon banner used the blue fates but gacha's gotta gacha.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Stare-Out posted:

Not a whale, but I've successfully rolled on a few 5* banner weapons and regret nothing. Raiden's is pretty drat amazing for her (it works wonders on Shenhe too) and Yelan's bow is amazing on her and a few others too like Childe and Tighnari. With it I can clear the lower HP mobs in any group with just Yelan's skill.

I mean yeah, you'll be fine with most 4* alternatives but some banner 5* weapons cover a lot of characters.

A long time player can probably do the calculus on "would both 5 star weapons benefit me? Are the 4 stars ones having a few r3 and r5s of decent too?"

The thread is right to generally steer f2p and players not whaling away from it.

I think there's more room to question thread orthodoxy on constellations, since if someone is burned out on farming mats and bosses even eeking out a 1% dps gain on a unit they're using is a bigger benefit than a Nahida they never level past 20. Though once again, that's for established players.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you're new-ish, weapon banner is kinda worth the effort because short of getting like Summit Shaper, Vortex Vanquisher, Unforged or Skyward Pride there's no bad options but I view it as 'I want 4* weapons like Widsith or Sacrificial Sword/Greatsword/Fragments'

They should add event weapons to the shop so everyone can buy them with stardust.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

A long time player can probably do the calculus on "would both 5 star weapons benefit me? Are the 4 stars ones having a few r3 and r5s of decent too?"

The thread is right to generally steer f2p and players not whaling away from it.

I think there's more room to question thread orthodoxy on constellations, since if someone is burned out on farming mats and bosses even eeking out a 1% dps gain on a unit they're using is a bigger benefit than a Nahida they never level past 20. Though once again, that's for established players.

if you're burned out on farming artifacts just stop farming artifacts and still don't roll on the weapon banner
paying 38,000 crystals to increase your dps by 10-20% so you can get an extra 150 crystals every 2 weeks from abyss 12 is never worth it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Unrelated, but I just realized what your avatar is doing.

lmao

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Here's how to decide whether to roll on a banner: are they really pretty and/or really cool?

If yes, roll. If no, pass.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
wrong.
itto is the best character in the game but that big dumb idiot is neither pretty nor cool

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

wrong.
itto is the best character in the game but that big dumb idiot is neither pretty nor cool

he's still cool to me dammit

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like his character but I don't really want to build a geo team

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

wrong.

It's cool to make fun of him. So that counts.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
itto has never intentionally done a cool thing in his life, which is, strangely, exactly why he's cool

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

itto has never intentionally done a cool thing in his life, which is, strangely, exactly why he's cool

itto thinks everything he does is cool

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

itto thinks everything he does is cool

yes, but he's always wrong

being cool and doing cool things are completely different

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The point of having both XQ and Yelan is that you can split them across two very powerful teams due to their damage and hydro output, and only drop them both on the same team if you need an actual waterfall for some reason. If you already have a couple of strong teams built out like freeze / vape / shock-aggravate / hyperbloom-bloom / monogeo / phys then you don't really need Yelan.

That said, if you somehow don't have XQ already, you could do far far worse than pulling for 5* XQ while waiting for the lantern event to roll around again.

But as someone earlier in the thread pointed out, if a particular character tickles your upper and/or lower brain for whatever reason, pull away!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

plus scaramouche is better at going fast in the overworld than her :colbert:

Scara's faster in smaller bursts, but Yelan's faster overall. Even more so with C1.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Unrelated, but I just realized what your avatar is doing.

lmao

I had the same reaction when I first started in this thread. It really is the best av. :love:

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Scara's faster in smaller bursts, but Yelan's faster overall. Even more so with C1.

Have them race uphill and watch Scara slowly grind his way upwards as she vanishes over the horizon. He's on my sonic team along with C1 Yelan, but she definitely puts in the most work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scaramouche would be amazing if we had any air control beyond wind gliders

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Itto is cool because he is nice and being nice is the coolest thing of all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hellioning posted:

Itto is cool because he is nice and being nice is the coolest thing of all.

No actually it's being pretty with the worst personality

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Scara's airdash is quick but it lasts for like three seconds, Yelan's gone by then.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm gonna roll on the homa/polar star weapon banner because I could use either weapon and I like to see number go up

also its not like I'll lose the 50/50 twice in a row and have to pour 200 wishes into it right? haha yeah no chance...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
5 star weapons are not a better percentage gain over just another character you don't have unless you have *all* the characters, and even then most people have as good 4-star weapons or just Fav it up

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
True weapon banner reeeally isnt worth it. And definitely not recommend for newer players. I just already have most characters I care about really. Havent really pulled much recently outside of Nahida so sitting on a bunch of wishes. I'll see how al haitham shakes out when he releases. If he looks fun i might give him a shot

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

On the one hand, I got a Mistsplitter and Yae's weapon. On the other hand, I have two Jade Cutters and two Skyward Spines and four (4!) Aquila Favoniae.

The weapon banner is a place of sorrow.

I did get an Elegy for the End in 8 pulls though so it's not all bad.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gently caress the police, I'm rolling on Homa on Hu Tao's re-run and no one's gonna stop me.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

At the very least you can get 4* and 5* standard banner characters and weapons from the weapon banner too I guess. But yeah, overall it's not a great deal. Would be nice if the weapon banner used the blue fates but gacha's gotta gacha.
Note you can't get 5* standard banner characters from the weapon gacha, same as how you can't roll 5* weapons on the rate-up character banners. 5* weapons will totally show up though as found out by anyone who was sucker enough to roll on the thing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I'm gonna roll on the homa/polar star weapon banner because I could use either weapon and I like to see number go up

also its not like I'll lose the 50/50 twice in a row and have to pour 200 wishes into it right? haha yeah no chance...

polar star is Childe

Yelan is Aqua Simulacra

still a ludicrous banner coming up

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tae posted:

5 star weapons are not a better percentage gain over just another character you don't have unless you have *all* the characters, and even then most people have as good 4-star weapons or just Fav it up

I would take a 5* weapon over Klee.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Excelzior posted:

polar star is Childe

Yelan is Aqua Simulacra

still a ludicrous banner coming up

oh right, yeah thats what i meant

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Asimo posted:

Note you can't get 5* standard banner characters from the weapon gacha, same as how you can't roll 5* weapons on the rate-up character banners. 5* weapons will totally show up though as found out by anyone who was sucker enough to roll on the thing.

Oh for real? Guess I just figured since I've gotten weapon banner weapons from the standard banner and 4* characters from the weapon banner than it would work the other way around too. drat that is cheap.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

So what are some good team comps for "I just want to mash buttons without having to worry about timing or aiming or thinking"?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yoimiya, Yelan, Zhongli, your favorite buffer. No thoughts just normal attacks.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Eimi posted:

Yoimiya, Yelan, Zhongli, your favorite buffer. No thoughts just normal attacks.

I'm still sad that I was on break and burned out from the game during Yoimiya's rerun.

This is what I have.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bloomine/Collei, Yelan, Xingqiu, Kuki.

Build EM on Kuki, ER on your dendro and standard for Yelan and Xingiqu, just click buttons and poo poo will die.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 31, 2022

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Eimi posted:

Bloomine/Collei, Yelan, Xingqiu, Kuki.

Build EM on Kuki, ER on your dendro and standard for Yelan and Xingiqu, just click buttons and poo poo will die.

That sounds fun. Kuki and Collei were both ones I was curious about.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

EDIT: THIS WAS DEFINITELY NOT ME DOUBLE POSTING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

EM Raiden is technically better but 1. that leaves you without a healer and thus requires more thought 2. EM Raiden is disgusting because you never use her burst making anyone who uses it without honor. Also of course C2 Kuki for 100% uptime on her skill helps a lot. Before C2 on Collei I'd say traveler is def better, but c2 at least makes her competitive imo even with the smaller burst radius.