Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

AxGrap posted:

People on the internet love pretending it's impossible to have a plan that has more than one step.

there's a slim chance there might be a less than perfect outcome, better not do anything :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
hahaha, this reply:
https://twitter.com/Slucchiurbanite/status/1608085329701146626

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

fermun posted:

Also it’s very annoying how every time this is posted a million people out of nowhere will be all angry without realizing this is pretty settled in the eugenics field. Third world countries suck to live in and this is one the proven ways out of it, it is what it is.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i was going to post wrt that state capacity stuff on the last page about how out of all the fake studies, political science is the least real of them all - but then this post reminded me of economics

it's a close call.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

R. Mute posted:

i was going to post wrt that state capacity stuff on the last page about how out of all the fake studies, political science is the least real of them all - but then this post reminded me of economics

it's a close call.

Econ at least has a few observations in a fundamental sense that make sense (you can charge more for stuff that is in limited supply that people want!) and I don't know if PoliSci has any of those. It's all just backwards proofs of "Why is America the greatest country?" or "Why did people vote this way in an election, but cannot be traced back to actionable policies because we don't want to do things?"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
There are plenty of good economists, it's just the majority of them suck. Marx was one!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Political economy was too powerful of a science so the anglos split it into two lesser disciplines

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
if brown people didn't want their weddings bombed then they should have a vibrant functioning (+insert feel-good loaded word here) liberal democracy where they can vote to place SAMs there

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Palladium posted:

if brown people didn't want their weddings bombed then they should have a vibrant functioning (+insert feel-good loaded word here) liberal democracy where they can vote to place SAMs there

The chart above clearly shows that you can have a crumbling state with strong internal divisions and a dying working class, but if you can build a SAM site you're A-OK on state capacity! Democracy wins again

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Flesh Forge posted:

there's a slim chance there might be a less than perfect outcome, better not do anything :negative:

Not doing anything is the ultimate conservatism.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

R. Mute posted:

it's a close call.

Political economy brought forth Marxism, so in response liberals made sure both politics and economics would henceforth be taught wrong.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Orange Devil posted:

Not doing anything is the ultimate conservatism.

if they're experiencing entropy they're a rino

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1608604803642585089

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"andrew needed a ghislaine" is quite the take

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I assume "putting a women in charge of your output" is a particularly roundabout way of suggesting Andrew Tate should get into femdom, which is weird, but ok.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Minister for Domestic Violence

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
👏 More 👏 women 👏 sex 👏 traffickers! 👏

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
not even a good houndstooth, you'd think selling people would let you buy a cute blazer that fits but apparently not

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The mortifying ordeal of knowing Ghislaine could absolutely get it if it wasn’t for all that sex trafficking

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

just the oaf party now. all oafs.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Endman posted:

The mortifying ordeal of knowing Ghislaine could absolutely get it if it wasn’t for all that sex trafficking

:goofy:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Endman posted:

Well you're certainly in the right thread.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Endman posted:

https://twitter.com/truecrazyfrog/status/1533938036949630981?lang=en

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

My lawyer is advising me to stop posting immediately

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

out of respect for the victims I want to be clear: there is NOTHING appealing about big boobed milfs. the only thing I want to “get busy with” is a better world

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
MILTSTG

(Mother I'd like to send to gulag)

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
CILST

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1608495193728385025

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

"Authoritarian" is such a thought terminating cliché.

Like let's be real here, there's a reason most western leftists would not like to live in China, even if they are actual theory-reading and understanding communists: China is still a developing country and the West is rich as gently caress. If you moved to China your material wellbeing would very likely suffer. Plus you'd have to do a shitton of work to learn the language and understand and try to fit in with the culture. Those are real personal costs, which would be entirely reasonable to see as prohibitive for moving to a country whose system fundamentally aligns with your ideology. This does not change the fact that the CPC is continuing to lift hundreds of millions out of poverty through the development of productive forces and infrastructure, etc etc and thus is A Good Thing. But that feels a bit selfish somehow to say? Like because you're a communist you should be willing to accept all personal sacrifice for the ideological goal? So instead you get leftists parroting blob talking points about "authoritarianism" or whatever to justify themselves.

The actually interesting question is "would you prefer to live under your current government, or a CPC-type government in your own country?" And just loving lol if you prefer the neoliberal shitshow that's been in charge my entire lifetime. If that's your honest answer you're not a leftist get the gently caress out of here.

And if some idiot tries to get you with "if you like China so much why don't you go live there?" just tell them "because I'm not Chinese you idiot, I like their system and think we should institute something similar here because look at the goddamn results".

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 14:40 on Jan 2, 2023

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Orange Devil posted:

"Authoritarian" is such a thought terminating cliché.

i have never seen that word used unironically that wasn't cringe

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

when i see "authoritarian" used by self-proclaimed leftists 9 times out of 10 it's a weak fig leaf to three-letter agencies

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's trivial to answer "why don't you go live there" with "because all my friends and my family are here"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zodium posted:

it's trivial to answer "why don't you go live there" with "because all my friends and my family are here"

If you were truly committed to the discourse you wouldn't have friends or family anymore.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Zodium posted:

“I have indeed given this some thought, but Some Guy I knew went there but he couldn’t figure out how to use the apps and practically died, so I think I’d need a few years to prepare.”

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Palladium posted:

The book The Authoritarians is insightful and enlightening. Free on the author's site.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Palladium posted:

engels posted:

A revolution is certainly the most authoritarian thing there is; it is the act whereby one part of the population imposes its will upon the other part by means of rifles, bayonets and cannon — authoritarian means, if such there be at all; and if the victorious party does not want to have fought in vain, it must maintain this rule by means of the terror which its arms inspire in the reactionists.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s a hell of an act. What do you call it?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Authoritarians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The book The Authoritarians is insightful and enlightening. Free on the author's site.

it's science by press release biotruths for left liberals