Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J7G1oc1vME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Woah, that's incredibly well animated.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

We've come a long way since the Haloid days, it seems.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Kinda regretting not trying harder for Scara every time I start a domain and have to run to the middle of the room like a chump. Hopefully Yelan can assuage this somewhat. Must be nice...

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Kinda regretting not trying harder for Scara every time I start a domain and have to run to the middle of the room like a chump. Hopefully Yelan can assuage this somewhat. Must be nice...

Yeah yelan is great for that. Doesnt quite get you all the way there tho. But if I'm running domains and need to choose between XQ and Yelan, its yelan 100% just for this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I'm still sad that I was on break and burned out from the game during Yoimiya's rerun.

This is what I have.

keqing hyperbloom is basically just 'set up everyones stuff and keqing will thereafter create 1000 lasers'

keqing/sucrose/kokomi/dendro mc, keqing/fischl/xingqiu/dendro mc, etc.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

I'm still sad that I was on break and burned out from the game during Yoimiya's rerun.

This is what I have.
I think everyone's thrown out some decent team ideas, but it feels like they skipped the original 'turn my brain off and hit stuff' request
I feel like Noelle, Zhongli, Gorou, flex fits that.
Drop Zhongli's shield, Gorou's buff, a flex like fischl's bird and then just spin to win as Noelle.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

I think everyone's thrown out some decent team ideas, but it feels like they skipped the original 'turn my brain off and hit stuff' request
I feel like Noelle, Zhongli, Gorou, flex fits that.
Drop Zhongli's shield, Gorou's buff, a flex like fischl's bird and then just spin to win as Noelle.

zhong and gorou have kind of low energy gen so you often want a fourth geo there, either ning or geo mc, to keep bursting on cd as noelle

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i was trying to follow your request!!! iunno how much turning your brain off you want

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Funneling favonious gorou into noelle's worked more or less alright, unless albedo's sneakily doing all the work.

The real braindead way is phys qiqi. I did some abyssing on a whim and ayaka/xingqiu/yelan/qiqi is monstrous, even without actually using ayaka. Just rainswords and qiqi's slow-rear end ice to ensure things stay put while I smack them and the clam murders them*.

Did remind me that I should probably save for yelan's c1 instead of aimlessly pulling on the ayato banner. With stringless (by herself and without raiden), yelan only gets like 60–70% of her burst per skill, which feels bad. (Doubly-so when I immediately swap from her to someone else before the particles actually reach.

*I'm intentionally on wl6, and don't really bother with abyss stuff or high scores on events, ymmv when everything has way too much health for no drat reason.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zenostein posted:

Funneling favonious gorou into noelle's worked more or less alright, unless albedo's sneakily doing all the work.

albedo is the the best battery in geo lol
he's just a constant stream of energy particles, like fischl is for electro

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

If you can manage to not poo poo out his flower directly under something big enough to immediately smash it.

Is he actually good at it no matter what? Because mine is definitely tragic, if you look at things like artifact/talent levels. Frankly, I have no idea how any of his poo poo works beyond 'unbroken flower sometimes does a piddling amount of bonus geo damage' and 'goddamn husk puts a stupid countdown on you, so you can't just wander around as albedo because it feels bad.'

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
yeah he does a lot of sustained damage when built up, and benefits from gorou's buffs too.
bosses screw with geo constructs a lot but nothing other than bosses will smash them so in overworld, domains, and most abyss floors you should have no issues with the flower

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

This is what I have.

My favorite "brainless" combo is Yanfei/Fischl/Xingqiu/Diona (though you really want fischl C4). All 4 stars, and you can use Xingqiu or Fischl to back up Yanfei depending on whether you're in the mood for more damage or huge explosions. Diona provide shields and heals (You Yanfei also shields on heals), and you can also freeze enemies who are being annoying butts. Might want to consider swapping one of them out for a character that can break rocks.

Any character(s) you favor?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

Woah, that's incredibly well animated.

I never really paid attention to the hoyofair thing previously outside of what i see in discords but people make some real good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM922WExhjc

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I remember Rawfler made this for 2022, I love their videos as is and this was no exception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1agv4SqmDQ

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I was just going down the genshin video rabbit hole and started catching up on the rawfler vids i hadn't seen yet, I thought the Nahida.exe one was cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veisliHsCqA

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Garrand posted:

I was just going down the genshin video rabbit hole and started catching up on the rawfler vids i hadn't seen yet, I thought the Nahida.exe one was cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veisliHsCqA

Rawfler's videos can be funny but holy poo poo there are a lot of derivative stuff like that around. That channel probably is one of them but holy poo poo after watching one of their videos my Youtube recommendations were flooded with [Genshin Character].EXE videos that were all pretty terrible and filled with stupid memes.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It's ending is exactly how I wish the archon quest ended. But alas.

Also this video is absolutely his masterpiece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWq0fZrKCjg

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I do like how the Childe boss fight gets poo poo on aggressively in some of them.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Shower thought:

The Khaenri'ah disaster has to be one of three things:
- nanobots gone haywire/gray goo scenario, and/or
- AI gone haywire, and/or
- nuclear weapons (or the Teyvat equivalent) getting used

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Mordiceius posted:

So what are some good team comps for "I just want to mash buttons without having to worry about timing or aiming or thinking"?

Qiqi's omnisplash. Qiqi, Kazuha, Yelan, and Xinqui. Pull enemies together, freeze them, and blast them with water by mashing buttons with Qiqi.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

I do like how the Childe boss fight gets poo poo on aggressively in some of them.

I appreciate that he somehow manifested Yoimiya and Childe being friends.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

She can try, but you really can't beat air dashing with the fallback of anemo resonance + Lost Prayer + bunny hopping. The boy moves.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Now that Scara's banner is over, I will say that actually playing him is really annoying team constraints in a way that even Nilou doesn't make me feel annoyed. You absolutely need a shielder, but because of how defensive math works, most shields are still going to suck on him outside of Layla and Zhongli.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

Now that Scara's banner is over, I will say that actually playing him is really annoying team constraints in a way that even Nilou doesn't make me feel annoyed. You absolutely need a shielder, but because of how defensive math works, most shields are still going to suck on him outside of Layla and Zhongli.

I pulled him entirely to be able to cheese platforming nonsense like Tenshukaku. It is entirely possible I never get around to actually building him for combat, and I'm okay with that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his flight thing also makes xiangling and thoma hard to use with him

for some reason kaeya's icicles dont go up with him tho?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i have no idea what raiden does or how to "properly" use her, but it's fun to mindlessly hit m1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

press e, press everyone else's q, press her q, then yeah do that

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

You push buttons on your team and then you push the button that makes Raiden say Muga no kyouichi he and then she kills everything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I pulled him specifically because his playstyle is different than everyone else. I’ve gotten pretty good at dodging most attacks aimed at him while maintaining dps. Shielders are still really helpful, but my half built layla seems to be enough. C6 jeans is absolutely awesome with him, but i know that’s less than 1 percent of Wanderer havers.

What really drives me nuts are enemies that are slightly below elevations are completely un targetable, and he can’t descend without ending his skill.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I also think it's hilarious that Scara's custom artifact domain specifically shows you why he cannot be played without a shield as you get air-juggled by multiple enemies.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

It's both. I ran Itto, fav+exile 4 pc Gorou, and Zhongli and never really hurt for energy, but the moment I put Albedo in there it got to the point that Itto's burst was often times fully recharged before it even ended.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Tweet

Character growth! After two years, Zhongli has learned what a wallet is!

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

i have no idea what raiden does or how to "properly" use her, but it's fun to mindlessly hit m1

I like doing that with barbara, so you get lots of zapping going on. Works good with any non-ningguang mage, too.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Ok I’m sold on Yelan. When are we expecting her to return?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

PatentPending posted:

Ok I’m sold on Yelan. When are we expecting her to return?

Alongside Al when the next patch starts in a couple weeks, probably, since Hu Tao probably has to wait for after Lunar New Year to run.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the leakers are saying it'll be xiao on the first half and yelan with hutao currently (unconfirmed)

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDx5Fjd4HR0

Strangely an unlisted video for New Years Hoyofair fan content exhibition but obviously enough people found it since it has 500K views in about a day.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I passed on Scara because the team comps for him seemed super restrictive. If you use his specialized artifact set then you'll want a support VV AND a shielder, right? That leaves you with one (1) flex character to apply an element. Sounds like Scara's team options are kinda one-dimensional. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
vv does nothing for anemo damage idk why people keep wanting to use vv in connection with xiao/scara