Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

treasure bear posted:

closing the thread for a bit

was going to respond to this but hmm, thread is closed

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Good morning, sunshines! :sun:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'd poste if the chat thread was open, but for now, i must lurk

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

idiotsavant
somethign for people to think about while the thread is closed: i need a new name for my video game pirate ship, but it cant be too dirty or you get in trouble!!

so far all i can think of is:

The Stink Of Failure
and
So Gnar

plase halp

Ohtori Akio

idiotsavant posted:

somethign for people to think about while the thread is closed: i need a new name for my video game pirate ship, but it cant be too dirty or you get in trouble!!

so far all i can think of is:

The Stink Of Failure
and
So Gnar

plase halp

the sailing ship Kirk Johnson

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Har She Blows

Aghast Ye Meaty

Jelly Roger

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Shaver Me Tenders

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Hornswagger

Manifisto

idiotsavant posted:

All Out of Bubblegum

ty nesamdoom!

Chewbecca

Its 8.30am and there is a man pumping sewage (I think) right outside my room and its so loving loud lmao

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 30, 2022

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Its 8.30am and there is a man pumping sewage (I think) right outside my room and its so loving loud lmao

I hope it doesn't ruin your NYE plans... :ohdearsass:

sb hermit

I might have some unique ideas that would ameliorate this issue but I cannot elaborate until the thread opens again.

Manifisto

sb hermit posted:

I hope it doesn't ruin your NYE plans... :ohdearsass:

yeah, tell him not to take ALL the sewage, it's the holidays fer chrissakes

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

perhaps it's an auspicious omen though, dude is taking away the last of 2022's crap so that 2023 will be a better year!

Ass-penny

I lurk!
I post!
I lurk again! :evilbuddy:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Dukes Mayo Clinic

rear end-penny posted:

I lurk!
I post!
I lurk again! :evilbuddy:

Finger Prince

What phone should I get, byob? Pixel 7, S22+ or flip 4? I like the flip, because it's cool, but the s22+ is a better phone. Not sure about the Pixel tho. They're all the same price.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Finger Prince posted:

What phone should I get, byob? Pixel 7, S22+ or flip 4? I like the flip, because it's cool, but the s22+ is a better phone. Not sure about the Pixel tho. They're all the same price.

The best phone is the phone you already have. Don't fall for the upgrade scam.

I'm here rocking my old iPhone SE (which is basically the iPhone 7 innards in a small package) and nothing to date has made me consider upgrading. It does its thing, it runs all the apps, and it lets me even check this gay dead comedy forum while listening to podcasts.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Finger Prince

Saoshyant posted:

The best phone is the phone you already have. Don't fall for the upgrade scam.

I'm here rocking my old iPhone SE (which is basically the iPhone 7 innards in a small package) and nothing to date has made me consider upgrading. It does its thing, it runs all the apps, and it lets me even check this gay dead comedy forum while listening to podcasts.

Oh I know, I'm happy with my S9. The battery is starting to get lovely though. It's just this will be on a new service with a US provider, and it means I can keep my S9 as just a work phone and severely curtail the contract I have for it (or see if I can convince my tightarse boss to let me use it on the company work plan). I really don't like using my personal phone for work. Two phones is a pain, but I'd only have to carry the work one when I'm actually at work.

treasure bear

anyway closing the thread for now

Saoshyant

Finger Prince posted:

I really don't like using my personal phone for work.

Well, the Flip4 does look cool... and not durable. That sort of folding screen gets its internal wiring hosed up pretty easily from what I heard.

If you are sure you want an Android, the one with the longest term support updates is important. I believe that's the Pixel?

But you also seem more than happy with your S9, so the S22 is probably the one you already decided for.

Saoshyant

treasure bear posted:

anyway closing the thread for now

Denied.

Escape From Noise

Once the thread is opened again I'm going to congratulate Holland Oates on finding a new job and I hope it goes v. well for them.

Also if you call your pirate ship Good Ship Venus it'll just imply a lot of filth.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ohtori Akio
I've reopened the thread for posting.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
hi again BYOB :)

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i missed you

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

sb hermit

:same:

Saoshyant

Ohtori Akio posted:

I've reopened the thread for posting.

Dankon.

Welcome back from your posting vacation.

Shifty Nipples

Saoshyant posted:

Welcome back from your posting vacation.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Goons Are Gifts

hello im new can I post here

Ohtori Akio

Grinches are Glowing posted:

i dunno are mods allowed in byob

Heather Papps

hello friend

Grinches are Glowing posted:

do you have any pets living or otherwise?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

B33rChiller

Ohtori Akio posted:

i dunno are mods allowed in byob
Surprise! with QCS closed, all issues are being directed here now.

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this GAG. It brings me only mild joy.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Ohtori Akio
Questions, Coupons, and Deals

Saoshyant

B33rChiller posted:

Surprise! with QCS closed, all issues are being directed here now.

Oh, poo poo!

Ohtori Akio posted:

Questions, Coupons, and Deals

Oh, gently caress!

Always knew there was something wrong with that place.

B33rChiller

When I was a small child, I had recurring nightmares about the ground cracking open, and the land sloping away underneath me, and sliding to my doom. Also, other related nightmares involving fears of snow tunnels collapsing on me. I think a result, I've always had a big aversion to going in caves or tunnels. I don't get claustrophobic, or panic in enclosed spaces in general. I can wear respirators and face masks. Elevators no problem.

Buuut, if someone comes to visit, and wants to go check out a cave nearby, or whatever, big old NOPE from me. Watching abandoned mine exploration videos on YT is a big scary thrill, if I can bring myself to watch all of it.
Sort of like a real life horror movie. I am also fascinated by what's under the ground like that, but mortified of going down there myself.

Today, I learned that the singular time I've pushed past that anxiety to check out something I'd heard was extremely cool, I was actually at the gates of Hades!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Michael%27s_Cave#Legend

Honestly the coolest place I've ever been, and I didn't even know any of the legend beyond what I read a bit of on plaques on the way through.

It helped that it was very well ventilated and there were no squeezy bits to access there or the siege tunnels.

Looks and sounds beautiful. The reverb is awesome. If you ever get the chance to go for a scheduled performance in the cave, bring rain pants, or something waterproof you can sit on. It is permanently damp in there.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Heather Papps

hello friend

B33rChiller posted:

When I was a small child, I had recurring nightmares about the ground cracking open, and the land sloping away underneath me, and sliding to my doom. Also, other related nightmares involving fears of snow tunnels collapsing on me. I think a result, I've always had a big aversion to going in caves or tunnels. I don't get claustrophobic, or panic in enclosed spaces in general. I can wear respirators and face masks. Elevators no problem.

Buuut, if someone comes to visit, and wants to go check out a cave nearby, or whatever, big old NOPE from me. Watching abandoned mine exploration videos on YT is a big scary thrill, if I can bring myself to watch all of it.
Sort of like a real life horror movie. I am also fascinated by what's under the ground like that, but mortified of going down there myself.

Today, I learned that the singular time I've pushed past that anxiety to check out something I'd heard was extremely cool, I was actually at the gates of Hades!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Michael%27s_Cave#Legend

Honestly the coolest place I've ever been, and I didn't even know any of the legend beyond what I read a bit of on plaques on the way through.

It helped that it was very well ventilated and there were no squeezy bits to access there or the siege tunnels.

Looks and sounds beautiful. The reverb is awesome. If you ever get the chance to go for a scheduled performance in the cave, bring rain pants, or something waterproof you can sit on. It is permanently damp in there.

this is extremely rad. i was talking with my father today specifically about a weird rabbithole i fell into that was researching caving and cave diving accidents, and how i'd never go into any cave i have to crawl on my belly to get into, but also that big ol giant well known ones, with guides and other people, that i would do.

i would go in this hole

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Chewbecca

I have a Sansung S21 FE and it sucks so bad, I wanna launch it into the sea

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Chewbecca posted:

I have a Sansung S21 FE and it sucks so bad, I wanna launch it into the sea

i think they make FE's deliberate shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

I have a Sansung S21 FE human body and it sucks so bad, I wanna launch it into the sea

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!