Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I order from Amazon so infrequently I basically always get a free month when I put an order in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I mainly use prime for the video service, which is loving terrible as a user experience but despite its best efforts has several months' worth of good things I want to watch

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1608606112240275459?s=20&t=lAI7hye2OiolWuTgYFLv3w

It's available on Prime as a loot drop. It's a series of really funny room escape type puzzle games.

I get why they changed the title but there's something charming about Hidden Game by My Mom and it will always be that to me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hidden My Game By Mom was a much better title for what the game is.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Civ 5
8CPHQ-TWZC4-WY?ZV

Doom 2
Z4PVF-YK4VC-V5??0

? is Q

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Civ 5 is great (not claimed). I missed the Lego game on ES otherwise this was an enriching haul.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Daymare 1998 is free on GOG for a li'l bit. It appears to be a zombie horror shooter with a well-thought-out name.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

doctorfrog posted:

Daymare 1998 is free on GOG for a li'l bit. It appears to be a zombie horror shooter with a well-thought-out name.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/daymare_1998

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Civ 5 is great (not claimed). I missed the Lego game on ES otherwise this was an enriching haul.

Fancy that... I just checked and I have Civ V and literally all of the DLC despite no memory of buying it - I've certainly never played it. I am not slagging it off as the reviews are fantastic, I am simply surprised. I see no reason to play Civ 6, whose reviews are much weaker.

I played Civ 3 a great, great deal. I ended up playing 4 very little as the mate that I played 3 with preferred squares to hexes. I recall him being *very* vocal about that, for some reason.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The last Civilization game I played any real amount of was Civ 2, and the last 4X game I played was Alpha Centauri.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
E0WBCW9GHY??MJ7T

Mom Hid my Game for switch.

The ? are F

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Duderclese posted:

Mom Hid my Game for switch.
Thanks, this looks amusing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A reminder that anyone with prime gaming can get the hidden my game by mom game. Also, a note, while you can play the game with the touch screen on the switch, there are a few puzzles where you have to use a controller. Or at least I can't figure out how to pass one of them with just the touch screen. I only know this because I had to take my switch out to bring it to my computer to type in the code and then started playing it with the touch screen with no controllers nearby.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Anyone want a free month of Game Pass Ultimate? (I know this is easily had for the netsavvy)

Microsoft.com/redeem

GK8J7-5K2Y3-33XHH-W3J6V-HHJYZ

I subtracted 1 from all the numerals. For some reason.

E: Been snagged

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 1, 2023

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

JustJeff88 posted:

Fancy that... I just checked and I have Civ V and literally all of the DLC despite no memory of buying it - I've certainly never played it. I am not slagging it off as the reviews are fantastic, I am simply surprised. I see no reason to play Civ 6, whose reviews are much weaker.

I played Civ 3 a great, great deal. I ended up playing 4 very little as the mate that I played 3 with preferred squares to hexes. I recall him being *very* vocal about that, for some reason.

4 was still squares, 5 was the first hexes one.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Teledahn posted:

Anyone want a free month of Game Pass Ultimate? (I know this is easily had for the netsavvy)

Microsoft.com/redeem

GK8J7-5K2Y3-33XHH-W3J6V-HHJYZ

I subtracted 1 from all the numerals. For some reason.

I gave it a try, but I guess someone grabbed it, because when I add 1 to every number, it says the code wasn't found.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Civ 4 is the best with the Colonization addon but Civ 5 is way better than 6. 6 sucks.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
PSA for people who got disappointed with Civ series: there's Old World, a 4X game from Civ4 designer. It is very good. It's more sane than Civ as it's jest about the classical world, and it also incorporates a lot of fresh 4X and GSG ideas but subverts them by actually making them good.

It's not free or anything, I just think that often people assume that some genres become dead or stałe just because the most mainstream entries become terrible

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

2house2fly posted:

I mainly use prime for the video service, which is loving terrible as a user experience but despite its best efforts has several months' worth of good things I want to watch

The Peripheral was pretty good. I’m also on season three of The Expanse and season one of Jack Ryan. The Prime Video UI on my AppleTV box is sorta sluggish and buggy, but drat if they don’t have a thing for turning books/characters I love into movies/shows.

gently caress Rings of Power, though. It’s the first show I completely gave up on after trying three episodes. I’m away from my computer for a while but if D2 is still a freebie I’ll post my code later…I got both games for like $6.99 a couple of months ago, and they are a lot of fun!

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
There's also Fall From Heaven 2, a total conversion Fantasy mod for Civ 4, which is frankly better than any Civ-like game besides AC. Civ 5 with both expansions is great, though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DerekSmartymans posted:

The Peripheral was pretty good. I’m also on season three of The Expanse and season one of Jack Ryan. The Prime Video UI on my AppleTV box is sorta sluggish and buggy, but drat if they don’t have a thing for turning books/characters I love into movies/shows.

gently caress Rings of Power, though. It’s the first show I completely gave up on after trying three episodes. I’m away from my computer for a while but if D2 is still a freebie I’ll post my code later…I got both games for like $6.99 a couple of months ago, and they are a lot of fun!

Reacher was good too. Granted, that's mostly because I remember the main actor as Thad Castle and watching him play a serious role was really funny to me.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

dogstile posted:

Reacher was good too. Granted, that's mostly because I remember the main actor as Thad Castle and watching him play a serious role was really funny to me.

Oh, poo poo…I forgot all about Reacher!

Really, though? The best thing about Prime Gaming for me has been Recompile several months ago. Just a completely great game for all the right reasons that I personally enjoy playing games…it was on my wishlist, but I probably wouldn’t have paid much for it. Blew me away.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I mostly care about free games on GOG for some reason, let's see how that worked out this year.

33 free games, whose "value" is $569! What a year it was!

And 17 games I paid for, most of which I haven't and probably won't get around to playing either! But what a lot of money I saved, from buying them on sale!

I mean, yes, I did pay almost a hundred dollars for the privilege, but I got almost a thousand dollars worth of games in exchange so I'm clearly coming out ahead of things.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

doctorfrog posted:

I mostly care about free games on GOG for some reason, let's see how that worked out this year.

And 17 games I paid for, most of which I haven't and probably won't get around to playing either! But what a lot of money I saved, from buying them on sale!

I mean, yes, I did pay almost a hundred dollars for the privilege, but I got almost a thousand dollars worth of games in exchange so I'm clearly coming out ahead of things.

please don't call me out like this ever again

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

Now factor in their metacritic/opencritic ratings to see if any of those free are worth playing :yum:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Evil Within 2 on Prime.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Waffleman_ posted:

Evil Within 2 on Prime.

Also Breathedge, Chicken Police and Lawn Mowing sim.
Tried Breathedge before but it wasnt the Subnautica-like game I was expecting, also the humor got old kinda quick.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Kerbal Space Program and Shadow Tactics Aikos Choice are up on EGS

First Class Trouble next week

itry
Aug 23, 2019

doctorfrog posted:

You only buy those things so you can play the real game; filling-in excel sheets.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bespoke: Making games in spreadsheets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szk6LzrwGTM

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

itry posted:

You only buy those things so you can play the real game; filling-in excel sheets.

correct

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
My game is looking up the games i own on howlongtobeat and sorting them from shortest completion time to longest, so I can optimize clearing my backlog once I get around to doing that

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

doctorfrog posted:

A beautiful way to start off the year of free games

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The mobile versions of Hello Games' pre-No Mans Sky debut, Joe Danger Touch and Joe Danger Infinity, have been ported over to a website so you can play them for free on PC.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

OgNar posted:

Tried Breathedge before but it wasnt the Subnautica-like game I was expecting, also the humor got old kinda quick.

Wasn't that a TCC thread?

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
oh yeah vampire survivors is free on mobile now too, and it never forces you to watch ads. vampire game is up there with Doom2 and Dwarf Fortress for best game ever made and now it's free and not even the bad kind of free mobile trash usually is

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

treat posted:

oh yeah vampire survivors is free on mobile now too, and it never forces you to watch ads. vampire game is up there with Doom2 and Dwarf Fortress for best game ever made and now it's free and not even the bad kind of free mobile trash usually is

but i want to give him money for it again without watching ads, i've got an absurd amount of time in the pc version and i can give him another $3

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Len posted:

but i want to give him money for it again without watching ads, i've got an absurd amount of time in the pc version and i can give him another $3
Premium games (even three buck ones) just kinda don't work in the modern mobile market, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Len posted:

Gift the game to your friends, or other goons.