Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
There's a bunch of new images from the alpha build of Arena over on Battlestate's twitter: https://twitter.com/tarkovarena/status/1608520610602450944?s=20&t=lMfBhwMTBMqlMJ2J0cRQng

The UI and everything is... way more impressive than I expected it to be. Looks really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is pestily still the general best all around person to watch to stay up to date with stuff and most knowledgeable?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

is pestily still the general best all around person to watch to stay up to date with stuff and most knowledgeable?

For the most part. Landmvrk, Klean, and DeadlySlob are solid as well

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Axel and SwampFox know their stuff as well

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

giZm posted:

Axel and SwampFox know their stuff as well

Man, SwampFox makes *excellent* "movies" where he describes everything and has tons of pop-ups with relevant info. Do recommend.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Ok, after dicking about in offline mode, slapping on T4 armour on and a half decent gun with a hole I'm enjoying this and not getting mauled by AI anymore.

I did just die of exhaustion though because my partner wanted my attention after logging in, I didn't know where I was on the map and ran around like a headless chicken till I died. :saddowns:

Edit: I even got 2 kills earlier :unsmith:

Ragnar Gunvald fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 30, 2022

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I want russia 2028 more than any other game :(

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Just got smoked by Killa on Streets. Didn't know he could spawn on that map.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Seems like most bosses have a small chance to spawn there, be careful to not get bopped by shturman.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Scavs are cracked this wipe. I have only done a handful of PMC raids but every death so far has been to a scav. Once they aggro you, if you don't kill them in under 2-3 seconds youre dead.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

sdr782 posted:

Scavs are cracked this wipe. I have only done a handful of PMC raids but every death so far has been to a scav. Once they aggro you, if you don't kill them in under 2-3 seconds youre dead.
Probably because they get better ammo than you do.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Shumagorath posted:

Probably because they get better ammo than you do.

Whatever fix they did to limit their view through foliage and objects doesn't appear to be working as well. They seem to be able to see through impossible concealment.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Whatever fix they did to limit their view through foliage and objects doesn't appear to be working as well. They seem to be able to see through impossible concealment.

Seems pretty inconsistent. I seem to have luck hiding on woods from scavs

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Had a wallhacking scav aggro and shoot me through the containers on the bridge near Old Gas on Customs today.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

hello internet posted:

For the most part. Landmvrk, Klean, and DeadlySlob are solid as well
I'm going to add that Smoke is also very good(and has a nice chill personality), though he plays other games like DayZ pretty frequently so he's not always gonna be on tarkov.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Landmark is just so incredibly full of himself (even for a streamer), and he has an enormous number of dudes wanting to ride his dick that scream "HAXXXXX" the second he dies. I have no idea how informative it is to watch someone that good at PVP to learn anything either, tbh.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hahahaha who is still putting themselves through this poo poo?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Landmark is just so incredibly full of himself (even for a streamer), and he has an enormous number of dudes wanting to ride his dick that scream "HAXXXXX" the second he dies. I have no idea how informative it is to watch someone that good at PVP to learn anything either, tbh.
The number one thing you will learn from Landmark is to always be moving. It's not just his drop attacks either; I've seen him push the 3Dorms stairs by falling back outside and throwing an impact grenade through the window. By having a small attack surface and never being where your opponent(s) expect you greatly increase your chances of success.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g5zr9eYuJs

tarkov is back baybeee

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

ChesterJT posted:

Hahahaha who is still putting themselves through this poo poo?

Putting themselves through mopping or Tarkov?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Futaba Anzu posted:

Him and Smoke

Nat
Apr 3, 2012
I've been stash running on Woods to get a bit of roubles once I unlock the flea in a few levels and never expected to find a level 6 armor this early on.

https://imgur.com/FvReOOo
https://imgur.com/27vr756

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Putting themselves through mopping or Tarkov?

Rumour has it, there is something behind the wall now if you find the sledgehammer.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
They nerfed to pocket watch truck key to be one-use today. Condolences to anyone who hasn't gotten the pocket watch yet this wipe yet and also lmao.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Rahu posted:

They nerfed to pocket watch truck key to be one-use today. Condolences to anyone who hasn't gotten the pocket watch yet this wipe yet and also lmao.

Oh no, this super easy quest got a tiny bit more difficult

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I've not got it yet. I've only managed to do the Jaeger message quest so far. I've not even found and been able to extract with 2 shotguns yet. Ha.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
My favorite part of Tarkov is watching all these streamers put on 40 lbs over the last 3+ years from all the gamerfuel and sedentary lifestyles.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I feel like deadly has actually lost weight in the last year

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It annoys me to no end that I can't help friends with hideout upgrades. It's actually killing my desire to even play. Thanks BSG, RMT remains, but you didn't revert this change.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
People who have been playing for a while, what keeps you going? I basically took last wipe off, and jumped back in this wipe, and it just seems more soul crushing than I remember. I can't tell if I'm just getting too old, or maybe the novelty has worn off, but I'm just curious what fun people are getting out of this right now, because I love the idea of Tarkov and would hate to toss it in the bin with all the other games I'm trash at.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

oh i completely forgot to pick up the gift with the ammo case after redeeming it and it expired in like 12 hours, does support ever help out with that kind of stuff or is it a well gently caress me situation?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
man I am dogshit at this game. I haven't played in well over 2 years so I decided to do an offline raid on Customs.

I got lost, then I found a Scav. Shot at him, he turned around and one tapped me. I would ask for help in raids but you reaaaallly don't want this idiot to look after.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I haven’t played in like two wipes, but sometimes I feel like getting a few goons together who all claim to be bad at the game to form an idiot squad with me. I have a pretty good head for orienting myself on maps but have giant lobsterclaws stuffed into boxing gloves for hands so my aim is poo poo. With a couple other goobers we might all just amount to one decent player. :v:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Futaba Anzu posted:

oh i completely forgot to pick up the gift with the ammo case after redeeming it and it expired in like 12 hours, does support ever help out with that kind of stuff or is it a well gently caress me situation?
It's the latter. Goondolences.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ah well, just chalk up another one for me somehow always missing the big good boy drop early in the wipe for the third time now lol

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Reset your account? I think you can reclaim the gift afterwards.
Disclaimer: I've never done this, and my memory isn't the best.

CaptainEO
Sep 24, 2007

Found Something Great Here

Cage Kicker posted:

I can't tell if I'm just getting too old, or maybe the novelty has worn off, but I'm just curious what fun people are getting out of this right now, because I love the idea of Tarkov and would hate to toss it in the bin with all the other games I'm trash at.

For me, it's gaining the map knowledge and using it to stay alive and get things done. My first two wipes were like "gunshot sounds! scary!". Now it's "ok, 5 minutes into Shoreline, distant Mosin fire north of the resort, someone just took out sniper scav. That means it's probably safe to push radar station now. Then check if scavs are still up at power station and decide next move."

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Hardest part of a new tarkov patch is waiting for the SPTarkov devs to get a build working…then gotta wait for the mods…ugh.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

NJersey posted:

Hardest part of a new tarkov patch is waiting for the SPTarkov devs to get a build working…then gotta wait for the mods…ugh.
way harder than any subsequent gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Bussamove posted:

I haven’t played in like two wipes, but sometimes I feel like getting a few goons together who all claim to be bad at the game to form an idiot squad with me. I have a pretty good head for orienting myself on maps but have giant lobsterclaws stuffed into boxing gloves for hands so my aim is poo poo. With a couple other goobers we might all just amount to one decent player. :v:
That'd be cool. I have massive Tarkov anxiety however!