Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Zvahl posted:

lol, what touch

as someone who doesn't care for titanic, true lies was his last even good movie, and t2 was probably his last great one, and it's a great one that isn't even as good as the first movie

he's been coasting for decades and has been worthless my entire adult life

yeah well I've been coasting for decades and have been worthless my entire adult life too, so there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Filthy Hans posted:

yeah well I've been coasting for decades and have been worthless my entire adult life too, so there

well then i won't watch your lovely new movies either

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zvahl posted:

lol, what touch

as someone who doesn't care for titanic, true lies was his last even good movie, and t2 was probably his last great one, and it's a great one that isn't even as good as the first movie

troubling

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Most people rejected His message. They hated Zvahl because he told the truth

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zvahl posted:

lol, what touch

going to have to agree with you completely here

james camerons best movies are ones hes making a sequel to someone else's work: aliens 2, and t2. abyss was kinda interesting technically.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

going to have to agree with you completely here

james camerons best movies are ones hes making a sequel to someone else's work: aliens 2, and t2. abyss was kinda interesting technically.

how is T2 a sequel to someone else's work

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Christopher Nolan is name-brand to James Cameron's store-brand

Ridley Scott is Trader Joe's

Michael Bay is Sam's Choice

Denis Villeneuve is some weird brand you can only find at Eataly

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zvahl posted:

lol, what touch

i dunno, the dude has nothing but certified (by me) hits until avatar. i even liked piranha 2: the spawning. i just never clicked with avatar and i didn't understand the hype, but i figured it was a fluke. i didn't realize this sequel was coming out until last month, i thought it would just be in development hell forever. now the dude has devoted his entire life to this franchise about ugly blue cat people and i find that very funny

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Billionaire Ronaldo!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

avatar is jim using all of his hitmaking skill for evil. its like when pharell came back after 15 years to make minions music

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zvahl posted:

lol, what touch

I liked the phone/dog name scene in T2 when i watched as a kid but i didn't really understood why, until i found out how intelligent the script was when rewatching as an adult

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

just finished watching it and was going to write something, but this about sums up my feelings. the ending really felt like the set up of that jesse farrar tweet: Well, I'd like to see ol miles bron wriggle his way out of THIS jam!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/lisapease/status/1608987240855896065

"What I can say about it is – and I kinda said this on Twitter –there's a lot about it that's true," Best hinted. "There are some things that are not true. Could Jar Jar have evolved into that? I think the answer is yes. Because of the backlash, and rightfully so, Lucasfilm backed off from Jar Jar a lot. But a lot of the influence I put into the character mirrored a lot of what was already in the Star Wars universe."

[...]

When asked about a deleted scene which supposedly saw Palpatine thank Jar Jar for allowing his ascension to power, Best replied; "It was just me and Palpatine walking down the runway, talking about the plans to turn the Empire into what it had turned out to be."

"It was a very dark, very personal, very quiet scene, but for some reason, Palpatine decided to confide in Jar Jar that pretty much he was going to wreak havoc. Wherever that scene is, somewhere, that would really give great credibility to the Darth Jar Jar theory."

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

george lucas is a coward for not doing it

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
deleted scenes are irrelevant to the final work, jar jar still sucks and the prequels are still bad hth

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im just having lots of fun imagining palpatine delivering the ned beatty speech from network to jarjar

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This was pretty good.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
watching glass onion. a bunch of people do puzzles out of Highlights magazine.... loving thrilling. Rian Johnson's still got it. love all the jokes about anti woke culture

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

watching glass onion. a bunch of people do puzzles out of Highlights magazine.... loving thrilling. Rian Johnson's still got it. love all the jokes about anti woke culture

It may shock you to learn that those people aren't actually very smart

This is a key plot point to the movie

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

loquacius posted:

It may shock you to learn that those people aren't actually very smart

This is a key plot point to the movie

Sorry, but depiction is endorsement

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rian Johnson is a zybourne clock fan

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

didn't have much interest in seeing it before but indigi disliking it is a glowing testimonial

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Is JarJar's su*cide attempt still canon?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol he worked the Dr Malaprop thing into the plot. pretty cute

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

War and Pieces posted:

Is JarJar's su*cide attempt still canon?

That's his father, George R. Binks

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Zvahl posted:

lol, what touch

True lies has my favorite movie scene of all time. The part where the Uzi goes off falling down the stars. It's a perfect desu ex mechanica that gives the heroes a win without having to make any hard choices. A 'uzi falling down the stairs" should have turned into a phrase that should rival jumped the shark.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 05:15 on Dec 31, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

my favorite scene in true lies is when Bill Paxton is like "I got a little dick it's pathetic" cause I related so much

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://youtu.be/R2vejhdm8lo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/Java_jigga/status/1609031115846864896?s=20&t=Il1LXHgyHgFDMdaGiX1qnQ

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
One of the bartenders at a place I frequent recommended "Brotherhood of the Wolf" which I guess is a 2001 french martial arts movie? It sounds terrible so I took an edible and am watching it now. There are way too many cuts in the action scenes early on.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

the mother in law or w/e calls out the answers from the couch. it is a comedy scene, not a mystery scene

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
release the dark jar jar cut

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Substandard posted:

One of the bartenders at a place I frequent recommended "Brotherhood of the Wolf" which I guess is a 2001 french martial arts movie? It sounds terrible so I took an edible and am watching it now. There are way too many cuts in the action scenes early on.

I can't imagine the French making a Kung Fu film. They tried making one about a samurai once and it was just some guy in a hat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jar-Jar's Bizarre Adventure

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Avatar 2 looked cool as hell and that's about as much as I can say about it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Substandard posted:

On the other hand I'm convinced it inspired the aesthetic of Bloodborne so it has already justified its existence

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mantis42 posted:

I can't imagine the French making a Kung Fu film. They tried making one about a samurai once and it was just some guy in a hat.

District B-1713 rules, don't count out les francais

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Dec 31, 2022

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Filthy Hans posted:

District B-17 rules, don't count out les francais
You mean Banlieue 13/B13/District 13?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i think they do, wasn't that the first big parkour movie outside of jackie shechanigans crazy moves for the 3 decades prior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

yes