Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Tonsil stones are rich in minerals

terrible swipe, uh

Y2K?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Was thinking about this today actually in regards to the 2038 Problem; people forget the reason there weren't any problems was because of the amount of preparation that went in to make sure there weren't any!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

back when libs are sure soccer was going to get big

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Futanari Damacy posted:

Was thinking about this today actually in regards to the 2038 Problem; people forget the reason there weren't any problems was because of the amount of preparation that went in to make sure there weren't any!

we're already in pretty good shape for 2038 tbh

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Futanari Damacy posted:

I've often thought that the Y2K situation was the last time, and possibly the only time in my lifetime, that a large scale distributed problem was mitigated through proactive planning and execution by all stakeholders.

If I had to reach for a second example I might point to the hole in the ozone layer which I understand to be healing but it's not done yet.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yelling "you lie" at Obama

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yelling "you lie" at Obama

Clint Eastwood yelling at a chair containing Hypothetical Obama to wild, borderline religious applause.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

Clint Eastwood yelling at a chair containing Hypothetical Obama to wild, borderline religious applause.

#romneyDeathRally

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Diamond Joe Biden, the onion muscle-car persona

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Junkyard polecat

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
joe biden voted for doma

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

LastInLine posted:

I've often thought that the Y2K situation was the last time, and possibly the only time in my lifetime, that a large scale distributed problem was mitigated through proactive planning and execution by all stakeholders.

If I had to reach for a second example I might point to the hole in the ozone layer which I understand to be healing but it's not done yet.

it's why nobody ever brings them up :tinfoil:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

War and Pieces posted:

back when libs are sure soccer was going to get big

In Miami they still do

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Trump staring into the sun

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
early Trump presidency handshake discourse, complete with media stories about world leaders training their handshake strength before meetings with Trump

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Putin stealing a Superbowl ring

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
$148,000,000 for something called volcano monitoring

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Zvahl posted:

kerry is 100% just loser obama

It was funny when he told kids to stay in school or else they'd end up in Iraq

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Obama pretending to drink Flint tap water

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining the serious Politics Heads on john kerrys campaign watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0BtqtTVNHg

And just immediately packing their bags

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Beastie posted:

Back in the early to mid 2000's when a ton of this country sat around highly anticipating the next Jib Jab song/video about the election

I saw an ad for jib jab on TV recently and thought I was having a stroke

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Obama pretending to drink Flint tap water

obama pretending he solved that problem and his party and fanboys supporting him in it

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Trump saying he was taking hydroxychloroquine.

"I think it's good."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm trying to remember a detail of a cool trump narrative. I think it was at CPAC but he gave a speech aboyt meeting and being praised by a general with an obviously made up name, like Captain Crunch levels, and as usual everyone had to scramble to falsify records to make it true. Anyone recall this?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"Sir, my name is Raisin!"

"Raisin?? What, like the fruit?"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
General Raisin Cain

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

christmas boots posted:

General Raisin Cain

Thats the one yeah. Thank you handsome cereal general o7

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
anyway he’s apparently real, his real name is Air Force Brig. Gen. J. Daniel Caine and his nickname is supposedly either “raisin” or “razin”

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

anyway he’s apparently real, his real name is Air Force Brig. Gen. J. Daniel Caine and his nickname is supposedly either “raisin” or “razin”

Raisin' is cute. Razin' is :stare: Sounds like he made his bones on the Highway of Death.

Lol that Trump was unfamiliar with the expression "to raise Cain", lmao at the implication that he thinks raisins are a distinct and separate fruit from grapes

Of course this whole conversation just makes me want chicken, ugh :btroll:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sure, sure.

It was just an example of my absolute favorite Twitter Politics things: the rush to normalize whatever thing your fave just did, like saying that no one could walk around in 74 degree heat without losing consciousness, or that yeah i stumble up every single set of stairs ever sure we all do

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Sure, sure.

It was just an example of my absolute favorite Twitter Politics things: the rush to normalize whatever thing your fave just did, like saying that no one could walk around in 74 degree heat without losing consciousness, or that yeah i stumble up every single set of stairs ever sure we all do

Thigh land

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Everyone in Thailand actually pronounces it thighland

E: ^^this!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Its what the thighs say, bigot!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dinesh, you're gay

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Futanari Damacy posted:

lmao at the implication that he thinks raisins are a distinct and separate fruit from grapes

A funny politics thing this reminded me of is everyone falling over themselves to find evidence Trump is stupid. Acknowledging a raisin is a fruit doesn't imply he thinks it's a different fruit to a grape!
The one of these that sticks out to me the most was people claiming Trump thought the F-35 is invisible which was pretty obviously just him communicating effectively with his core base. His reaching out to ordinary Americans (a stupid group) is what won him his election but so many people fail to grasp that it's not particularly indicative.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Yes, another masterstroke by the man who confused the concept of health insurance with some kind of Gerber baby life insurance commercial.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Weka posted:

A funny politics thing this reminded me of is everyone falling over themselves to find evidence Trump is stupid. Acknowledging a raisin is a fruit doesn't imply he thinks it's a different fruit to a grape!
The one of these that sticks out to me the most was people claiming Trump thought the F-35 is invisible which was pretty obviously just him communicating effectively with his core base. His reaching out to ordinary Americans (a stupid group) is what won him his election but so many people fail to grasp that it's not particularly indicative.

Trump is an imbecile, op

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
My favorite Trump trying to sound smart quote is probably this:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

By that same token, everyone flipping out about the Sharpie hurricane thing was completely overreacting and it wasn't nearly that amusing

Is it so outrageous to not believe a weather forecast, which are often wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My sources say the death penalty, for espionage, being considered for @StevenKBannon. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.