Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

OPAONI posted:

If UNC can control the game against Pitt today, I'm optimistic about our chances as we move towards March. If we can't, we've still got some serious work to do.

If Pitt is over .500 in a given season, they're super tough to beat at Petersen for some reason. One of the best home-court advantages in the conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dick hurt

wait that sounds bad

Dick limping

dammit

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky beat Louisville by 23, so there's at least something still right in this world.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky beat Louisville by 23, so there's at least something still right in this world.

not really an accomplishment this year

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

elentar posted:

not really an accomplishment this year

Hey, I need something after watching that bowl game

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Clones looking good against Baylor. Starting big 12 play right.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Speaking of Big 12 play KU survives with a questionable no-call but OSU played really well.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Goddammit I hate the Wyoming Cowboys more than any team in the MWC

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FartingBedpost posted:

Goddammit I hate the Wyoming Cowboys more than any team in the MWC

playing in Laramie SUCKS and we have to do it next weekend

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

playing in Laramie SUCKS and we have to do it next weekend

Good that UNM and SDSU are getting the Wyoming games done before Graham Ike comes back and they start handing out Quad 4 losses like candy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
ASU is very bad this year and only beating them by 9 is not great, but a rivalry game is a rivalry game so a win is a win.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UConn finally dropped a game, didn't figure they were going to run the table but hard to see where they would've lost for a while after this one at Xavier.

Also since beating UNC Virginia Tech has gone on to drop their next two ACC games, against a very bad BC team and a mediocre Wake one. Meanwhile Miami could easily be 8-0 in conference heading into Cameron. Gonna be a weird year in the ACC.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

elentar posted:

Also since beating UNC Virginia Tech has gone on to drop their next two ACC games, against a very bad BC team and a mediocre Wake one. Meanwhile Miami could easily be 8-0 in conference heading into Cameron. Gonna be a weird year in the ACC.

Classic "good Hokies do bad" stretch. We were missing a starter and must have had ten fouls more than 30 feet from the bucket against Wake. BC always beats us at their place, it's hosed up.

We may yet make a run but now I'm just hoping Rodney Rice gets to see the floor.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Michigan up on Maryland 44-13 at the half

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Happy Purdue day!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Big 12 is really good

https://twitter.com/tylerdreiling/status/1609718879047000064?s=46&t=_di7XXesPRf-FQzUryTXpA

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

Happy Purdue day!

This is the trappiest trap game that ever trapped.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Poque posted:

Hard to overlook a team that beats you all the time, no?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

And they have the current NCAA NET/KenPom #1 joining next season :stare: UCF isn't bad either, but Cincinnati and BYU aren't having great seasons

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

Hard to overlook a team that beats you all the time, no?

Meet Matt Painter

Mizzou is ranked!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well after getting absolutely rolled the dream of northwestern actually winning a few big ten games is dead.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

curried lamb of God posted:

And they have the current NCAA NET/KenPom #1 joining next season :stare: UCF isn't bad either, but Cincinnati and BYU aren't having great seasons

Yea the Big 12 teams are probably going through some changes in the next few years. Not every team can be good. Glad ISU seems to have started climbing up right before the conference expands.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Poque posted:

Meet Matt Painter

Mizzou is ranked!

so’s College of Charleston!

this has been a decent year for CBB thus far, all told

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Poque posted:

That's going to be Penn St. After this game, and @OSU, going to Happy Valley where PSU will probably hit 20 3s.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Oh nice this is the same ref crew that screwed us out of the OSU game. I'm sure this will go well tonight.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue has so many guys who have shot 38-40% from 3 at points in their career, they're getting wide open looks, and they just won't fall. It's so frustrating.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Nah Rutgers is just elite at D.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

Welcome back buddy. I was waiting for you to poo poo a brick with me after the OSU disgrace.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol @ some of these calls purdue is getting in this game. more than 2 to 1 in fouls. refs working super hard to keep them in it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

It's been a problem since Purdue got back from Portland, and for guys like Jenkins all season long. He's a career 40% 3 point shooter hitting under 20% this year.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

mcmagic posted:

lol @ some of these calls purdue is getting in this game. more than 2 to 1 in fouls. refs working super hard to keep them in it.

Play physical D, you get more fouls - it's not complicated.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

Play physical D, you get more fouls - it's not complicated.

So every good defensive team is getting called for fouls at a 2.5 to 1 clip? Bullshit.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

So every good defensive team is getting called for fouls at a 2.5 to 1 clip? Bullshit.

Sure seemed that way the other day for UConn against Xavier

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

mcmagic posted:

lol

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

will be legit very funny if New Mexico is the last unbeaten

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Too many missed open 3s and free throws. Such a bad play drawn up at the end too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Indiana: frauds
Ohio State: frauds
Purdue: frauds

Albeit we lost to a dogshit Seton Hall team that made our game their super bowl