Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't Modi's attempt at liberalizing the farming sector create the largest recorded protests in human history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this is just for stroke etc:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Didn't Modi's attempt at liberalizing the farming sector create the largest recorded protests in human history?

Yes lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

yes, and he mostly dropped that. The new thing modi's corporate backers are trying is to make the AAP the counterpart to modi so we can have an americanized political system where you get to choose between AAP and the BJP while the state's assets keep getting sold to corporations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

He couldn't successfully abolish the farming subsidy but he did privatize the Air India. Sold it to Tata.

And they have been talking about privatizing the banking sector for a long time, probably will get around to it soon, giving his popularity.

However, I wouldn't call Modi a "neolib" or pro free market, i think he does these to benefit his party. India has not signed any FTA in 10 years and none since BJP have came to power. Also the India government regularly probes foreign large corporations and hands them with fines. So BJP is not FDI friendly.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The government still has a bunch of debt from Air India. The co-op banking sector was basically killed off due to demonetization already. You really don't have much to offer in India if you go full free trade because people aren't rich enough to be a big market. You also forget that modi is dumb as poo poo and the country is essentially being run by a bunch of IAS officers who used to run Gujarat. They are absolutely market loving social darwinists.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
on a personal level the only thing modi knows is hating muslims. the cult of personality around him has worked because of massive levels of funding and support from oligarchs. he owes them and they don't want total free trade either because that would enroach on their fiefdoms.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
from a global trade perspective, I used to work in the intl soybean business and when those measures were raised in India it made US soybean more attractive for their Asian neighbors, even with ocean transportation rates. our volumes to Korea skyrocketed (we were already having solid business to Japan) and markets that we never considered started calling us. one notable was Myanmar. they never bought from the USA before so I had to educate them on how the export process works with quality since they were so used to Indian customs. when buying from India there is a ton of 3rd party testing and quality assurance since you’re buying from a ton of small farmers delivering their ag to a processor. maybe there was also an issue with just honest trade but I didn’t want to make assumptions. just a lot more red tape and documentation.

I’d get examples of the documents they wanted and informed them that just doesn’t exist here because of the different food regulations we have in the states or it would be very cost prohibitive to have people fumigate containers or 3rd party quality inspectors on top of our own that have to follow USDA.

they wanted like 100 containers a month and payments went to either Australia or Singapore. we got the business though.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

mila kunis posted:

on a personal level the only thing modi knows is hating muslims. the cult of personality around him has worked because of massive levels of funding and support from oligarchs. he owes them and they don't want total free trade either because that would enroach on their fiefdoms.

If you lack a personality then people can project everything they want onto you. The IT slave thinks modi will make his gaming rig cheaper, the small business tyrant thinks modi will gas the muslims and commies, the market liberal thinks modi will make living in bombay feel like living in NY.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

this is just for stroke etc:

easy fix right there in row 2

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i'm an American fanboy of China just for poo poo like this. covid zero (while possible under strain of the West loving up) and forward-looking environmental policies made possible by a strong central government.

:cheers: xi jinping and happy new years

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Can't help but notice the author's name looks suspiciously Dutch.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/LyleJMorris/status/1608576029693710337

lmao at our rotting blob if not for the possession of world ending nuclear stockpiles

https://twitter.com/pplsartofwar/status/1608903940514668544

OSINT man can't stand the heat and deactivated

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I don't see a central thread or consistent grand strategy in Modi's national policies over the years. I think more than half of them are centered around the next election. Including the border clash with China and Pakistan. I am not saying which side started it, let's say it takes two to tango.

I also think he will go for reelection.

Edit: some of the policies he pushes for are forward looking, like the recent army reform.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Jan 1, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah because the internal party challenge to him is from the clown they put in charge of the UP state government.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/LyleJMorris/status/1608576029693710337

lmao at our rotting blob if not for the possession of world ending nuclear stockpiles

Going to go back in time and tell my old profs that primary sources aren't that important

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

are the indian army reofrms good or bad

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it is westbrained.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

are the indian army reofrms good or bad

Good

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thank you paul

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

sonatinas posted:

from a global trade perspective, I used to work in the intl soybean business and when those measures were raised in India it made US soybean more attractive for their Asian neighbors, even with ocean transportation rates.
they wanted like 100 containers a month and payments went to either Australia or Singapore. we got the business though.

does this mean they were expecting prices from india to rise due to consolidation? or disruption in supply?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

post COVID posted:

i'm an American fanboy of China just for poo poo like this. covid zero (while possible under strain of the West loving up) and forward-looking environmental policies made possible by a strong central government.

:cheers: xi jinping and happy new years

IMO the USA has if anything a stronger central government.

For India or their potential enemies?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
paul has already spoken. Its good.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

mila kunis posted:

does this mean they were expecting prices from india to rise due to consolidation? or disruption in supply?

they did go up. now, I don’t know what’s it’s like because I left the industry.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

sonatinas posted:

they did go up. now, I don’t know what’s it’s like because I left the industry.
Was this in 2021? I searched news and there was an India soybean export ban.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mila kunis posted:

He’s such a piece of poo poo, him and his r worded buddies loot the country and kill the people

I hate the rss/bjp types so much.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It’s genuinely wild that the aap has managed to route the bjp in delhi. My cousins were telling me many senior members of the party left for the bjp when Kejriwal got elected.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:w00t:

gonna be amazing if they start foundry services, too

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

have they tried being more racist

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

Was this in 2021? I searched news and there was an India soybean export ban.

yea, sounds about right. 2020 started our Korean surge but then South Asia folks started calling us about early 2021. I don’t recall an Indian ban for what we were shipping. it was processed flakes/flour and not whole soybeans.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

sonatinas posted:

from a global trade perspective, I used to work in the intl soybean business and when those measures were raised in India it made US soybean more attractive for their Asian neighbors, even with ocean transportation rates. our volumes to Korea skyrocketed (we were already having solid business to Japan) and markets that we never considered started calling us. one notable was Myanmar. they never bought from the USA before so I had to educate them on how the export process works with quality since they were so used to Indian customs. when buying from India there is a ton of 3rd party testing and quality assurance since you’re buying from a ton of small farmers delivering their ag to a processor. maybe there was also an issue with just honest trade but I didn’t want to make assumptions. just a lot more red tape and documentation.

I’d get examples of the documents they wanted and informed them that just doesn’t exist here because of the different food regulations we have in the states or it would be very cost prohibitive to have people fumigate containers or 3rd party quality inspectors on top of our own that have to follow USDA.

Cspam posters actually working for Big Soy lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sonatinas posted:

they never bought from the USA before so I had to educate them on how the export process works with quality since they were so used to Indian customs. when buying from India there is a ton of 3rd party testing and quality assurance since you’re buying from a ton of small farmers delivering their ag to a processor. maybe there was also an issue with just honest trade but I didn’t want to make assumptions. just a lot more red tape and documentation.

Am I understanding you correctly that the US has/had laxer regulations on soybean quality compared to India?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm here for the interpretive new year's eve gymnastics themed around china's technological achievements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFy9xM11KaY

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:32 on Jan 1, 2023

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CGMeifangZhang/status/1608928069481562112

picturesque view of a bridge going up in guangxi

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Am I understanding you correctly that the US has/had laxer regulations on soybean quality compared to India?

I don’t think laxer just a different way validating quality. I’ll explain later when it is not 1am.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RJeEDzE0Nc

新年快乐

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It’s genuinely wild that the aap has managed to route the bjp in delhi. My cousins were telling me many senior members of the party left for the bjp when Kejriwal got elected.

because the AAP is the nice liberal alternative. They literally go to different states alongwith Akbaruddin Owaisi to split votes from the INC and give the BJP bigger margins. Perfect for the simpleton that is the indian middle class.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Every time I hear about the INC I think of the incompetent KMT.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

because the AAP is the nice liberal alternative. They literally go to different states alongwith Akbaruddin Owaisi to split votes from the INC and give the BJP bigger margins. Perfect for the simpleton that is the indian middle class.

Lol, I remember they tried to form an alliance with the cpi (m) and were told to gently caress off for being reactionaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The INC didn't lose a massive civil war and get forced to set up a meme government in Andaman or something. They were competent enough to keep their state going but got flat footed by trying to do both political liberalism and economic redistributionism at a time when the Web 2.0 social media for change thing was still seen as something organic.