Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

serious case of "note Y axis" here :laugh:

The Y's on the left almost add up to the Y on the right, math checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They're all to scale and lined up at the 5% mark, no issue here

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

deep dish peat moss posted:

e: One of my clients when I was doing e-commerce consulting was literally just importing cheap sunglasses and accessories from China and selling them at a 10-20x markup because they had a 'luxurious' logo with a diamond on it printed on the side and they were making money hand over fist :psyduck: This is what 90% of new online-only "brands" are.

God, that sunglass spamwas really bad for a while. It was hilarious to see how much money people were willing to spend on cheap garbage drop shipped directly from aliexpress.

It was a bit tricky to find this sarcastic guide buried under all of the search results of earnest guides and companies:

How to create a unique and successful minimalist watch brand

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

MisterOblivious posted:

God, that sunglass spamwas really bad for a while. It was hilarious to see how much money people were willing to spend on cheap garbage drop shipped directly from aliexpress.

It was a bit tricky to find this sarcastic guide buried under all of the search results of earnest guides and companies:

How to create a unique and successful minimalist watch brand

saw these two tiktoks about dave portnoy's watch company. apparently he was selling a watch for $2500? lmao

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7171218566845304106

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7172314536492633390

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
China: bans all crypto

Also China:

quote:

China is Getting a State-Backed NFT Marketplace on New Year’s Day

Two government-backed entities in China and Huaban Digital Copyright Service Center are launching an NFT marketplace in the country on Jan. 1 2023.

[...]

Chinese private firm Huaban Digital Copyright Service Center and government-backed entities are set to launch a non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace on Jan. 1, 2023, according to a report by China Daily. The two state-backed entities behind the marketplace are China Technology Exchange and Art Exhibition China.

[...]

While NFTs have been gaining popularity in China over the past two years, cryptographic tokens haven’t witnessed as much interest as in the US and the rest of the world. Chinese traders are still not able to buy NFTs via crypto because of the country’s laws. In addition, they are not even referred to as NFTs but rather as ‘digital collectibles.’

Moreover, these collectibles are currently not traded on open platforms in China. Instead, they can be bought and sold only through closed, highly regulated marketplaces.

As if these Chinese haven't been rugged enough by their government during the past 70 years.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1608908562851598336

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:lol: if he's telling the truth, and :lol: if he's lying because there's no way he could be smart enough to cover his tracks.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's funny he hasn't figured out talking isn't helping him

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Mozi posted:

it's funny he hasn't figured out talking isn't helping him

There's a legit chance he could be killed in prison because he can't shut the gently caress up.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Someone posted this caricature in the comments and i'm loling

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

he wishes he was as cool as holo wallet cyber indiana jones

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PITY BONER posted:

lmao

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

PITY BONER posted:

Add some ink blots and Ralph Steadman would approve.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Entorwellian posted:

There's a legit chance he could be killed in prison because he can't shut the gently caress up.

Crypto dudes do not have a good track record of hiring hitmen that arent feds

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1608937536487059458?s=20

The guy literally cannot stop

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

One of the keys to getting away with a crime is shutting the hell up. This guy is somehow going to end up with a death penalty.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
SBF being damned to lower and lower circles of hell because he just won’t shut up and stop incriminating himself in front of Saint Peter.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
statists hate him! local man uses one weird trick to turn his wire fraud charges in to treason!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Boxturret posted:

statists hate him! local man uses one weird trick to turn his wire fraud charges in to treason!

He somehow ends up in a Soviet era prison where they take you into a room and just shoot you in the back of the head.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm pleased he's released on bail to allow himself to further self - incriminate

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They just have a court stenographer transcribing all his tweets and podcast interviews at this point.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

drk posted:

Crypto dudes do not have a good track record of hiring hitmen that arent feds

Hell I'm thinking more along the likes of him snitching and running his mouth at the wrong people while incarcerated.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Digital Ketchup stains on my cyber wallet

Digital wig doesn’t match my cyber beard

Digital digits can’t do up my cyber buttons

Digital my wife is going to kill me cyber I lost everything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lammasu posted:

One of the keys to getting away with a crime is shutting the hell up. This guy is somehow going to end up with a death penalty.

Ah the Charles Stuart gambit

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol, what "legit legs of FTX"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Living embodiment of this skit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1n3S1ZyUkE

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So does he not realize that specifying 'legit legs" implies that he has knowledge that there are legs - of his own company - that aren't legit?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i wonder if the prosecutors have push alerts for SBF tweets on their phone. ive always been curious what they do in high-profile cases like this. do they have junior employees watching his crypto wallets?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lammasu posted:

Roast Beef: Remember when Todd SBF made headlines by messing up his taxes shitposting on Twitter so bad that he almost got lethal injection?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

So does he not realize that specifying 'legit legs" implies that he has knowledge that there are legs - of his own company - that aren't legit?

I am not guilty, your honor. I have parts that are 100,% innocent and have done no crime. Thus, I am innocent.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Presumably he realized this when he and his top employees were arrested for financial crimes, but you never know with crypto guys.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
SBF will be years in jail and will still be posting 'I did not know anything, and I will be working with the investigators.'

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Blast from the past for the thread old timers

https://twitter.com/LukeDashjr/status/1609613748364509184

https://twitter.com/LukeDashjr/status/1609647203890372609

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

all my apesbutts gone

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

serious case of "note Y axis" here :laugh:
How To Lie With Statistics is shaking its head in disappointment.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
luke dash junior was the tonal bitcoin guy from 2011, for those who remember

tweet at the FBI harder, binch

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
he also home schools his many children, teaching them in tonal so they can't function in society

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What the heck FBI

I mean, come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
isn't tonal just hexadecimal for idiots