Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's pretty funny the MI6 did it. The war is huge beneficial to the US but not necessarily to UK. So MI6 along with other EU country spy agencies have already been brainwashed by CIA.

It's turtle all the way down.

The UK is just happy the EU gets hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

genericnick posted:

As much as I want Russia to lose, it is very funny if Liz Truss was the one that ordered that pipeline bombing because they wanted to get back at the EU for letting them leave it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

evilmiera posted:

As much as I want Russia to lose, it is very funny if Liz Truss was the one that ordered that pipeline bombing because they wanted to get back at the EU for letting them leave it.

:gb2gbs:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Support_4UA/status/1609520778332229632

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lol, the reply is full of rightfully angry poles and the occasional western commentator calling them a russian agent

https://twitter.com/eryk_frankowski/status/1609560127853543424

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The propaganda of Bandera being a literal Nazi asset (who eventually pissed them off by insistently demanding for a free Ukraine, cleansed of Poles, Jews, Romani, etc.)? :thunk:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Horseshoe theory posted:

The propaganda of Bandera being a literal Nazi asset (who eventually pissed them off by insistently demanding for a free Ukraine, cleansed of Poles, Jews, Romani, etc.)? :thunk:

https://twitter.com/Support_4UA/status/1609577192459206656

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
hope poland gets Lwow now.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

And that after daddy Bandera went to so much effort to stop people from continuing to live, in the past.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The present of Bandera being rotted out in the ground for the last 63 years? :thunk:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

He's right, Liz truss bombing the pipeline would be funny

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1609247652599709696

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He's right, Liz truss bombing the pipeline would be funny

What's funny is how many people want to stab germany in the back.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Smarter than Benny Gantz was as alternate PM under Bibi!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Europe is losing a war it's not fighting and that makes me so happy.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

What's funny is how many people want to stab germany in the back.

everyone hates ze germans

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mila kunis posted:

that makes me happy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Europe is losing a war it's not fighting and that makes me so happy.

The glory days of GERbarb are over.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mila kunis posted:

Shut up, ze germans.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Tankbuster posted:

Get Lwow get Lwow you scared you scared

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Futanari Damacy posted:

Get Lwow get Lwow you scared you scared

To the window
TO THE WALL

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1609605284166598657

return to traditional AD

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the more things change they more they stay the same

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

To the window
TO THE WALL

something something lwow your balls

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

they say “bread” with a drawl

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

AnimeIsTrash posted:

happy new year to only vladimir putin

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
This year I resolve to be even more gay for Putin.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Tankbuster posted:

been saying this.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

This year I resolve to be even more gay for Putin.

be careful not to horsheshoe theory your gayness for putin

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol I love a private sector partnership

quote:

Sir Jeremy said he supported the sea-change of declassifying certain intelligence, and using it to "pre-bunk" a narrative, but much of the world had not completely bought into the argument.

The GCHQ head, who was appointed by then foreign secretary Boris Johnson in 2017, said conversations about open intelligence were important - and they have to include non-government and intelligence voices.

For this reason, he added, the private sector had played an important part in the conflict - whether it was satellite imagery from private providers, which could confirm the intelligence claims about troop build-ups, or the work of companies like Microsoft in providing cyber-defence for Ukraine.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Ukraine resorts to ISIS AD. Russia must have hit the granny with the pickle jar. RIP

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nothing says confidence in a financial partner like this kind of stuff

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Russians are primitive, and the allies have already broken most Russian codes. They dance to our tune!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This is what I was saying about the technical problem not being more complicated than with Buzz Bombs, the propaganda angle about the same, but Ukraine doesn’t seem to have established a flak barrage or free fire zone, no balloons, it’s all very ad hoc.

I suppose Ukraine could just have aircraft on BARCAP, AAA batteries on the approaches to Kiev, but unglamorous solutions don’t make headlines.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Jan 1, 2023

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The main thing that stopped V-1s was their own mechanical and guidance failures. Secondary to that, passive defenses. Tertiary, active defenses.

I'd say the air avenues of approach aren't really comparable, either. The UK and the flight paths from the continent to London are extremely limited and tiny compared to the multi-azimuth attack vectors Russia enjoys vs the breadth of Ukraine.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putler killed 50,000 British civilians with his Vengeance weapons.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

genericnick posted:

There are indeed many pathways to being economically competitive in a regional sense.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Putler killed 50,000 British civilians with his Vengeance weapons.

*note - those ~50,000 deaths were calculated by estimating how many babies SHOULD have been born during this war but weren't, and then assigning blame to Putin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

mlmp08 posted:

The main thing that stopped V-1s was their own mechanical and guidance failures. Secondary to that, passive defenses. Tertiary, active defenses.

I'd say the air avenues of approach aren't really comparable, either. The UK and the flight paths from the continent to London are extremely limited and tiny compared to the multi-azimuth attack vectors Russia enjoys vs the breadth of Ukraine.

Antwerp also stopped a couple thousand V-bombs (both V1 and V2) with their port infrastructure, residential buildings and civilians.