Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Aw gently caress, I was so out of it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

luv bottom feeding
luv wanking in public
ate new years
simple as

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

IN PUBLIC like the walrus gives a poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Everyone want to talk about animal rights, but nobody want to talk about animal responsibilities.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Breaking: The walrus has been issued with an ASBO.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The walrus posted it. Which I thought wasn't allowed

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

David Cameron offering his services for the sake of public decency

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i once saw a drunk and/or on drugs bloke rubbing one out in public, in front of a bus he'd stopped :/

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

crispix posted:

i once saw a drunk and/or on drugs bloke rubbing one out in public, in front of a bus he'd stopped :/

monitor

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

IN PUBLIC like the walrus gives a poo poo.

Won't somebody think of the seals?!?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

Maybe he'd gotten fed up with them not stopping when he only stuck his hand out.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Happy New Year!

https://twitter.com/scattermoon/status/1609612496054132736?s=20&t=8VcRUdvlXpgrLCPZ2-V8-Q

Oct 4, 2005

He seems happy :unsmith:

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Lobster God posted:

Won't somebody think of the seals?!?

This sort of shaming will drive the walrus right into the flippers of the walt-right!

So at this point should we just expect them to become native fauna, isn't this is the second or third one to show up this far south in the last year or two?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

would like to know where this 25 year fixed mortgage came from

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

crispix posted:

Had a totally nude flasher jump out on me back in the 90s while walking home who started masturbating.
I said 'ha' and he legged it prob realizing I wasn't female. I had long hair back then.

Never seen, but this is concrete set in our town lore forever. gently caress knows if its true.
One of the local town drunks is known for his outrageous antics, for example stripping naked and walking upto an ice cream van, getting a cone, and then walking around with it on his genitals.
Anyway, hes in one of our small snug pubs, at the bar, and he drops his trousers, and just starts wanking while casually talking to everyone around him, including barperson.
Everyone around him goes apeshit, and hes up and thrown out of the pub. Trousers still around the ankles.
The bar has a back entrance, and he quickly runs around the back, enters in, shouts something, cums. and runs out.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 1, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jel Shaker posted:

you can lock an interest rate for up to 40 years with Habito. some other places also do fixed rate long term for 15, 20+ years

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Jel Shaker posted:

That's the "clew" to its provenance, like the robin in Mary Poppins.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

crispix posted:

And then he got on the bus, uh...

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Huh, I got a link on my discovery feed saying I could claim up to 30% of my bills if I've been working from home.

It seemed too good to be true, then I discovered that it's for Ireland.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/eworking/calculate-allowable-remote-working-costs.aspx

Is there something equivalent in the UK? The only thing I could find was the covid relief, and you could only claim that if you had to work from home not if you had the option of going into an office.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

kecske posted:

you can lock an interest rate for up to 40 years with Habito. some other places also do fixed rate long term for 15, 20+ years

I got ours fixed for 10 years with nationwide about a month before everything went to poo poo and it’s probably the only wise financial move I’ve ever made

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
For the past two weeks I've had this sickly illness, possibly the worst thing I've ever experienced and that's including flus and covid.

The cough has been the main symptom, it's worse in the mornings and evenings and sometimes wakes me up at night. Each time I cough I feel sticky phlegm move at the back of my throat, I can breathe slightly easier but I feel compelled to swallow, putting the phlegm back where it was. I can't cough it out. Sometimes the cough makes me retch, almost enough to make me vomit. I've had this cough for the full two weeks.

Recently each cough has made my head feel like it's about to explode. I've been mainlining paracetamol to the maximum dose for days now.

Other symptoms have come and gone - runny nose (was brief), bunged up sinus, feeling cold (most of the time). For 4 of the nights (not in a row) I've woken up in sweats. I didn't even feel hot or cold (just sodden). And for the past two days a disgusting smell&taste (which I can't describe) has pervaded my whole mouth/throat/sinus, like I can somehow smell the virus laden phlegm sitting there, rotting. Nothing gets rid of it, it spoils everything I eat.

I've never had, or heard of, a flu like it. Others I know describe similar symptoms (especially my dad who has the same symptoms), but even people I've never met have been describing this. It seems to be going around. And it suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For the phlegm situation do anti-histamines help? I know that loratadine has ben a godsend. Also avoid milk as that helps build it up, but hot squash can help get rid of it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
You have a chest infection I would bet.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Microplastics posted:

And for the past two days a disgusting smell&taste (which I can't describe) has pervaded my whole mouth/throat/sinus, like I can somehow smell the virus laden phlegm sitting there, rotting. Nothing gets rid of it, it spoils everything I eat.

Yeah I'm not a doctor but this part sounds like an infection to me.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Microplastics posted:

For the past two weeks I've had this sickly illness, possibly the worst thing I've ever experienced and that's including flus and covid.

The cough has been the main symptom, it's worse in the mornings and evenings and sometimes wakes me up at night. Each time I cough I feel sticky phlegm move at the back of my throat, I can breathe slightly easier but I feel compelled to swallow, putting the phlegm back where it was. I can't cough it out. Sometimes the cough makes me retch, almost enough to make me vomit. I've had this cough for the full two weeks.

Recently each cough has made my head feel like it's about to explode. I've been mainlining paracetamol to the maximum dose for days now.

Other symptoms have come and gone - runny nose (was brief), bunged up sinus, feeling cold (most of the time). For 4 of the nights (not in a row) I've woken up in sweats. I didn't even feel hot or cold (just sodden). And for the past two days a disgusting smell&taste (which I can't describe) has pervaded my whole mouth/throat/sinus, like I can somehow smell the virus laden phlegm sitting there, rotting. Nothing gets rid of it, it spoils everything I eat.

I've never had, or heard of, a flu like it. Others I know describe similar symptoms (especially my dad who has the same symptoms), but even people I've never met have been describing this. It seems to be going around. And it suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Had a horrible cold with a cough exactly as you described in the second week of December, it’s only in the past couple of days I’ve not been hacking stuff up. Had a coughing fit so hard on Boxing Day it made me simultaneously poo poo and puke.. luckily I was already hiding from family in the loo lol.

It does seem to be going around, but if it’s the same bug you should be okay soon from your timeline.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Microplastics posted:

I had a cough since early October and still have a bit of it now.

It became a nasal drip which basically meant the cough stuck around. I had all the same symptoms you've described, but also fluid in my upper lungs. I had two separate rounds of antibiotics, an xray (which revealed the fluid) and I've been on some nasal spray called beaconase since late November.

My advice, go to the doctor now that it's been 2 weeks to get you on the radar and explain the symptoms in detail. In not 100% if the beaconase is working or if I'm just getting better naturally (I was to take it for 6 weeks) but better you get something for it now so it doesn't last almost 3 months like it has been for me

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Hmm thank you, I think I will call the doctor for this one

Weirdly I never think of doing that

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Microplastics posted:

My entire family - and I mean my entire family - has been dealing with this this week. My SIL bought it to the house on Christmas Eve, and then me, and my brothers, and my mum, and my dad, and my niece, and my partner (who is currently hosed up) have had an awful, hacking, phlegmy cough. 40 degree fevers (particularly alarming in my 3 year old niece). The last couple days I've woken up at around 4 am and had to blow my nose for two hours - the amount of snot came outta me coulda filled a pint glass. Constant feeling of needing to sneeze, but unable. A feeling of having just a brick in the sinus, awful headache. And yeah, the smell.

We've all just been knocked back on our heels by it. If it isn't the flu, and it isn't covid (it's not - I've checked, over and over) - it's the most powerful cold to ever exist. It's p.much wrecked the whole Christmas period for everyone.

So yeah, something real bad is going around

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was hospitalised for a week with a chest infection in early December, which set off my undiagnosed asthma and caused a nasty bought of "not breathing well enough to get enough oxygen to live". I feel like I've got an infection again these last few days but since I actually have a preventer inhaler now I can breathe fine. I'll be hosed off if I've managed to get two in the space of a month.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

happyhippy posted:

Had a totally nude flasher jump out on me back in the 90s while walking home who started masturbating.
I said 'ha' and he legged it prob realizing I wasn't female. I had long hair back then.

Never seen, but this is concrete set in our town lore forever. gently caress knows if its true.
One of the local town drunks is known for his outrageous antics, for example stripping naked and walking upto an ice cream van, getting a cone, and then walking around with it on his genitals.
Anyway, hes in one of our small snug pubs, at the bar, and he drops his trousers, and just starts wanking while casually talking to everyone around him, including barperson.
Everyone around him goes apeshit, and hes up and thrown out of the pub. Trousers still around the ankles.
The bar has a back entrance, and he quickly runs around the back, enters in, shouts something, cums. and runs out.

1965917 posted:

He seems happy :unsmith:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yeah microplastics get that looked at, there's a line where 'froggy chest' stops being something you wait out and when you want to get on antibiotics, and the 'bad smell' is usually on the far side of the line. I've had what seems to be mild dose of this bug (cough, drippy nose, night sweats, coughing up a whole frog in texture and colour) and its still been a fortnight since I picked it up with it still sticking around and refusing to 100% clear up. I know when I'm ill as I go into 'sleep at least 14 hours a day' mode and that's been ongoing since the start of Christmas week, went to bed (sober) 1am today and got up at 6pm.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

i think every irish settlement has someone like this

the one here used to sing at the top of his voice after midnight on the way home from the pub, often on week nights, and would often fall asleep standing up in the phonebox across the road from us on the occasions he wasn't lifted by the police

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
when I fart it feels like my head is in a vice. I think its athlete's foot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Chest infections are interesting, in the kind of 'never had a doctor establish eye contact and make sure they say "this was really serious, yeah?" before' kind of way.

With regards to the cold, I think I have this at the moment - started with a really sore throat / soft pallette, then an absolutely streaming nose, then a few days of violent coughing which i'm just coming out of.

Initially I was worried it was that strep throat thing which was reputed to be killing kids (I don't have stats or articles on that, it's just something I heard, leave me alone), now I'm merely worried about it being a chest infection which could kill me.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah microplastics get that looked at, there's a line where 'froggy chest' stops being something you wait out and when you want to get on antibiotics, and the 'bad smell' is usually on the far side of the line. I've had what seems to be mild dose of this bug (cough, drippy nose, night sweats, coughing up a whole frog in texture and colour) and its still been a fortnight since I picked it up with it still sticking around and refusing to 100% clear up. I know when I'm ill as I go into 'sleep at least 14 hours a day' mode and that's been ongoing since the start of Christmas week, went to bed (sober) 1am today and got up at 6pm.

Also, the thing for everyone to note with these long coughs (and that I didn't realise could happen) is that you can temporarily damage your lungs or throat or something.

Like all the coughing can damage the capillaries I think. All I know is that I don't cough much more than once or twice a day now, there's only a little bit of normal looking phlegm, but I can taste copper/metal every time.

I mentioned that to the doctor but he didn't seem phased by it so I'm guessing it's just a side effect of coughing so much and it's going to be one of the last things to eventually heal.

Doesn't help that I've picked up some kind of bloody Noravirus type thing since Friday. The coughing wasn't so bad until it brings on waves of nausea and feelings like I'm gonna puke my guts out.

Happy loving new year.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
If you have a persistant phlegmy cough one thing I found that really works is instead of coughing, kinda high-power wheezing, where you just breathe out as fast and as deep as you can from your lungs. It just seems to get rid of the gunk faster, cos when I cough my throat tenses up and it kinda catches it all on the way up.

Sounds loving ridiculous if you do it right, like a human honk. Works though and easier on the throat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

when I fart it feels like my head is in a vice. I think its athlete's foot.

have you tried pulling your head out first to allow space for it to leave