Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Ruggan posted:

Ordering advice on:
Pets to 7 (10bn each)
1tn storehouse upgrade
1tn crop row

Maybe a few pets to 7 >> storehouse >> other pets >> crop row?

This is basically my plan but I gotta max out my farm and get the 100b row somewhere in there... Probably after some of the better pets.

Maxing out my farm again after T100 is gonna cost me a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

delfin posted:

I do draw amusement from the waaaaaaaaait - run run run run run run run - waaaaaaaaait cycle of quest design.

Like, I finished the Unexpected Visitor quest that cutlasses had stopped me at, and sprinted through the next handful in the sequence very quickly. What I didn't have farmed up already from Jundland was quick and easy to acquire. Then I hit XIV...

...and did congratulate myself on the foresight of leveling up my lemur for future Cyclops Spiders and for not selling/using my Sunflowers or Unpolished Jade prematurely. So now all I need are 325 pocket watches (a very rare drop) to turn in, or another thousand spiders and some luck at the well. Plus a little more luck at the well to get a teapot from dice. Plus another super-rare drop from Minerva. Plus another super-rare model ship. And THEN it'll let me dash through the next handful.

At least all that Cane Pole farming might get me one of those lima beans.

God help you with the final Judland quest. That langstaff crest it wants took me like 2 GMs worth of sand (greater than 200k) before I got one to drop. By lucifer's beard it was ridiculous and I hated it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Some more New Year's quests dropped. The first couple gave gold rewards to newbies like me, which was appreciated. A New Year IV, on the other hand, by my inventory calculations would require me to farm up 45,400 grapes in the next four days before crafting buffs.

(Don't even send me any. Next year.)

Remaining stockpile required for Unexpected XIV are one Model Ship and three Rubber Duckies. I'm debating if the Pocket Watch route or the Spiders + Exchange Center + Well route will be better for the latter.

delfin fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 31, 2022

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I "only" need 18k grapes more than I have now. I already have enough wine (which I had been saving for ATI). I guess it's a good kick in the butt to upgrade my vineyard, it was only at 300.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Atoramos posted:

This is basically my plan but I gotta max out my farm and get the 100b row somewhere in there... Probably after some of the better pets.

Maxing out my farm again after T100 is gonna cost me a ton.

Lvl7 pets aren‘t actually that great, the ROI for the best of them was still over 200 days afaik. Most of them take several years to pay back.

There‘s some math on Discord for it.

So probably get the 2-3 important pets to lvl7 (honey and spheres) and then get the crop row.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I wish i could give away all the wine bottles i have…

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Remember that Grape Juice are easily acquirable through Medium Chest 01. All Grapes should be converted to Wine instead.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

If anyone can spare some OJ or stars would be awesome, I ran out of stamina and stars trying to do the Xmas tree quests.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rakeris posted:

If anyone can spare some OJ or stars would be awesome, I ran out of stamina and stars trying to do the Xmas tree quests.

What’s your IGN?

Edit nm empty your mailbox lol

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

dreams do come true

now i just need like...15k snowballs in the next 2+ days

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Klungar posted:

Remember that Grape Juice are easily acquirable through Medium Chest 01. All Grapes should be converted to Wine instead.

Unless you have the tower, the only way to get those is a very rare drop from Hills. Probably around 26k OJ for me. Next year I guess :)

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Yeah I had a single Medium Chest 01 so it would have been around 46k grapes for me to finish that quest. I guess it reinforces the 'hoard everything' aspect.

Currently saving up 10b for the next storehouse upgrade, hitting the EC for cutlasses & rubber duckies, and exploring for herbs. Just fished up 3 gold boots so done with that bullshit finally.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The pets bring so much wine and grape juice I don’t even know what to do with it all

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
It’s another thing that makes me smile about this game. When you start out you’re like ‘wine! Omg that’s worth so much’, then later you’re like me sat on >4000 bottles you have no room in the cellar for.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MarcusSA posted:

The pets bring so much wine and grape juice I don’t even know what to do with it all

Oh, by this time next year, if I'm still playing I will be drowning in both of them. I'm looking at my masteries at just under a month in, and I have accumulated 213 wines and 189 grape juices in the entire time that I've been playing, as neither has been a priority for me up until now.

I would feel worse about A New Year IV if I hadn't just gotten silver and gold from A New Year I - III before it broke out one for the non-newcomers.

I burned through my energy drinks, but got just over 100 Pocket Watches to trade for today's Rubber Duckie. One down, two to go. I'm experimenting with cooking in the meantime; not fond of either the reqs to get Roomba's Lvl 10 recipe (getting his friendship to 20) or its ingredients (herbs AND steaks).

EDIT: Got my five lima beans for Wall 1. It's still going to be a couple of weeks for the rest of the honey, and for the sea dragons and spiked shells from the Well, but that's one obstacle down.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 1, 2023

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for the orange juice MarcusSA! The exploring binge you sent me on found my second raptor egg (I'm pretty sure I got the first one as a quest reward)!

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Thanks for all the OJ peeps, been helpful! On Xmas trees XIX now! No idea how many of these there are, but the silver is awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tgacon posted:

Thanks for the orange juice MarcusSA! The exploring binge you sent me on found my second raptor egg (I'm pretty sure I got the first one as a quest reward)!

No problem! I try and dish it out as much as I can since I can’t play that much over the holidays and I’m full up anyway.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

We’ve got frozen crops now too, not just golden

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

rafikki posted:

We’ve got frozen crops now too, not just golden

I grew ~2k peas on a breakfast boost and got 7 frozen ones, so the drop rate doesn't seem to be too terrible

mrmcd fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 1, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
What are the other 2 frozen crops?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

What are the other 2 frozen crops?

Pees cabbage pine. There is a quest now for it. I already have 2 frozen pine just growing 3 or 5 batches for another quest where I need 1k pines.

https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/quest.php?id=2032028 Does that url work?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

Pees cabbage pine. There is a quest now for it. I already have 2 frozen pine just growing 3 or 5 batches for another quest where I need 1k pines.

https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/quest.php?id=2032028 Does that url work?

Yeah it does

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Over 16k watermelons with no heart piece yet. Good times.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

andy_social posted:

I’m at 14K+ with nothing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Referee posted:

I’m at 14K+ with nothing.

andy_social posted:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
At this point, I just want a farm building I can build that breeds spiders. There will never be an end to needing the little bastards, between cutlasses and rubber duckies.

I have enough silver now to afford a second oven, and I'm debating if I hate myself enough to start pushing Cooking any harder than I have.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm surprised they haven't added a mushroom field. You have all these cows, which means all that manure...

Grinding rare drops will never go away in a material way - it's their method of pacing the game.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

H110Hawk posted:

I'm surprised they haven't added a mushroom field. You have all these cows, which means all that manure...

Grinding rare drops will never go away in a material way - it's their method of pacing the game.

There's like two difficulties: 'Early Player Gate' which asks for one or two rare items, and 'Late Game Player Gate' which asks you for 200 Longstaff Crests. No in-between.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
It's not having enough ways to use all the stuff you're collecting while chasing the rare drops. I'm chasing herbs right now and I keep hitting a wall of not being able to use all the oak to make bows because I'm waiting on mushrooms to grow. And then I also want the stuff from the freezing veg quest so I have to decide between doing that quest (or any other limited time quest) and growing shrooms or whatever. It would be much easier to manage if there weren't special requests showing up, but at least this one can take all month. It's the classic decision tree forking in opposite directions that adds the frustration for me.

It doesn't help that I'll spend 100k+ energy collecting herbs which will be easy to collect after I grow all the mushrooms and have a pet that just dumps them on me everyday though of course.

I do like this game, but there are a few things in the rng that make it frustrating.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Beatrix likes oak. This was important for my sanity at one point.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

andy_social posted:

Beatrix likes oak. This was important for my sanity at one point.

Good call. I had checked everyone and sent at least one of everything, but that was before I'd unlocked WC. I'll have to go and look again.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I think 2 people like slimestone as well.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

H110Hawk posted:

I think 2 people like slimestone as well.

Yeah, Cecil and Borgen. I went down the list and checked for everything. Only thorns and sour root are basically useless except for a few quests.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One of the gold perks just went on sale, 20% off. Does that happen very often, and if so, is it ever anything more useful than Fruit Puncher?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the bank income ones went on sale a month or so ago so to answer the second part of your question, no.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I think they said it in an announcement that they would do rotating discounts. I wouldn't really hold out on it though for useful things.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Someone in chat says Extra Wishes II is on sale, which I bought YESTERDAY. Bah humbug.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Make sure you donate to the Community Center goal today if you haven’t and get the Gold reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Could someone send me apples? I forgot to check the daily chores before I made some apple cider, and I'm a bit short.

NM: Was opening some chests and I got enough.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 2, 2023