Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

isn't tonal just hexadecimal for idiots

how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
The tonal system is beautiful purestrain insanity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonal_system

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Personally, I love decentralized services, but I also demand that centralized entities help me with my decentralized problems becau

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i have no idea why anyone would use this tonal system but that is loving stupid. there's no obvious reason listed on the wikipedia. just some dude in the late 1800s writing poo poo because what else would you do with your time?

like tons of great ideas came out from there but there's no need to try and use every single one of them. humans don't think in base 16 and now you force them to deal with made up "tonal names" for them.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Herman Merman posted:

The tonal system is beautiful purestrain insanity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonal_system

As long as it's compatible with Lojban I think those kids will be just fine.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nothing like using the term "legit" in the public record to contrast to what you're currently being prosecuted for.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Strong Sauce posted:

i have no idea why anyone would use this tonal system but that is loving stupid. there's no obvious reason listed on the wikipedia. just some dude in the late 1800s writing poo poo because what else would you do with your time?

like tons of great ideas came out from there but there's no need to try and use every single one of them. humans don't think in base 16 and now you force them to deal with made up "tonal names" for them.
Yeah, but have you considered that we type with QWERTY because other keyboard layouts were too fast for the machines to handle? Like, maybe we're being held back on purpose, and actually the tonal system will free us.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
man talk about a tonal shift for luke dash jr dot com slash buttcoin underscore bong

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Boxturret posted:

he also home schools his many children, teaching them in tonal so they can't function in society

That could be the point. Can't function in mainstream society, therefore need to stay in the bosom of the church forever.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

PITY BONER posted:

Yeah, but have you considered that we type with QWERTY because other keyboard layouts were too fast for the machines to handle? Like, maybe we're being held back on purpose, and actually the tonal system will free us.

non-QWERTY layouts are kind like bitcoin, actually... normal people don't get why you'd both, most people would gain nothing by using them, it's often incredibly inconvenient (typing on someone else's computer, or having them use yours), and the people who advocate for them are the most tedious nerds imaginable who deserve megawedgies.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pham Nuwen posted:

non-QWERTY layouts are kind like bitcoin, actually... normal people don't get why you'd both, most people would gain nothing by using them, it's often incredibly inconvenient (typing on someone else's computer, or having them use yours), and the people who advocate for them are the most tedious nerds imaginable who deserve megawedgies.

Why don't you replace non-QUERTY with 'Jews' or 'black people' so you can understand just how hateful your non standard keyboard bias is!!!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I vaguely knew a dude at uni (he did comp-sci of course) who had everything set up to be non-standard. I think he used DVORAK for his keyboard, some random distro of Linux that was customised and weird as hell for anyone else to use, and he was the sort of dude who had every hotkey set to a non-standard combination, so no one could use his poo poo, but also he'd basically just complain about using any computer other than his own (like provided lab computers) because they weren't "set up right".

At a certain point when do you accept that you're just making life harder to feel special?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm ashamed to admit it but my mom spends a lot of time on MAGA Facebook so it's no surprise she knew a guy pushing crypto. But even my somewhat racists, kind of stupid mother figured out it was a stupid idea.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Nothing like using the term "legit" in the public record to contrast to what you're currently being prosecuted for.

https://youtu.be/HFCv86Olk8E

I guess he likes Mc Hammer a lot.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pham Nuwen posted:

also dvorak keyboards have minimal advantages over qwerty

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bip Roberts posted:

Legit is a synonym for legitimate or legal and an antonym for crypto and SBF

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the only keyboard opinion I have is imo we should make num pads of keyboards(and calculators ((both physical and digital)) ) and telephones/other numpads match.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

keyboards for couples, like that scene from NCIS

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

PhazonLink posted:

the only keyboard opinion I have is imo we should make num pads of keyboards(and calculators ((both physical and digital)) ) and telephones/other numpads match.

This please, gently caress

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
they should have some that are sideways. also various spiral arrangements

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

PhazonLink posted:

They've got you covered.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

All of the replies are suggesting complex and inscrutable ways that he may have been hacked / how to protect yourself from the same fate. Even these Bitcoin nerds can't keep their poo poo from randomly vanishing. Very promising for the average consumer!

And i thought crypto was supposed to be really versatile and accessible? Yet
https://twitter.com/TheBTCkrab/status/1609706383406174208?s=19

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Also, lol at the various replies of "yeah, my coins were also mysteriously stolen at several intervals this year. Oh well!"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bird baths were not a joke, they were a genuine suggestion

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Halibut Barn posted:

They've got you covered.

a keyboard but it's a T9 pad

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I write my password in a notebook and set up a complicated contraption with a shot gun to kill anybody who opens my book but forget to install a failsafe so I die immediately when I want to buy weed the next day

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Foo Diddley posted:

they should have some that are sideways. also various spiral arrangements

Can I interest you in a Nokia 7600?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

you know i keep my money in a bank and ive never once had it stolen

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Zokari posted:

you know i keep my money in a bank and ive never once had it stolen

look all i know is its the banks money. my money is insured.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK32KG5EcbA&t=110s

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

look all i know is its the banks money. my money is insured.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK32KG5EcbA&t=110s

waingro would have been into bitcoins

so would sizemore. The character and the actor

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What on earth happened to Sizemore?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

worst thing I know ofhttps://twitter.com/garymbaum/status/930196039247699970?s=20&t=NP32i4mE3f4d7xG4IxPiug

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

jfc i did not know about this. thought you were referring to his drug problems and (reading that article) his abuse against heidi fleiss

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I used Dvorak for a while at university. It felt slightly better maybe, but it was a pain to use other computers and keybinds in games were a bit of a crapshoot, so I switched back.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/NewsBFM/status/1609534866672193536

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

WOW

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Seth Green is hawking NFTs on the rose parade right now

It's fuckin pathetic lol

He even built a NFT float lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TheAgent posted:

Seth Green is hawking NFTs on the rose parade right now

It's fuckin pathetic lol

He even built a NFT float lmao

Linkssss

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Such health!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU