Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

That and starting Wentz (Assuming it was Rivera's call and not Snyder's) should warm his seat up quite a bit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Playoff scenarios are for nerds and analytics.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god rivera

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yup he's gotta go.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I get bringing Wentz in last week trying to spark something in the game. I don't get watching the tape of Wentz and thinking he's a better option than Heinicke.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
The only reason starting Wentz over Heinicke makes sense to me is if Snyder was behind it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They benched Heinicke for too many turnovers and then went to the guy notorious for multi-turnover meltdowns.

The only person shocked at this development is Ron Rivera.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sometimes head coaches have specific braindead moments where it's clear he's no longer the guy.

Rivera just had his.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Yeah he's getting fired

By who is a question to be asked in this situation.

For the team only he might be good to keep around, he just does his job and does it somewhat competently until you figure out exactly what's going on with ownership. Not that ownership gives a poo poo, but you know.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

You know how dumb Jim Mora Jr was for trying to make a phone call during a game about what a tie would do for his team's playoff hopes?

That is dumber.

Infinitely dumber.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Playoff scenarios are for nerds and analytics.

I care very little about football, but even I perk up when talking about playoff scenarios. Any coach that doesn't should not be employed.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/KelbermanNFL/status/1609742861825613824

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nothing good can ever happen again so we'll be saying Coach Quinn next year

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Nothing good can ever happen again so we'll be saying Coach Schottenheimer next year

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Broncos coach Lane Kiffin

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Not sure I like the idea of hiring Harbaugh after he's spent a decade coaching a major college team. People get used to being a mini autocrat and forget how to do the job without all that power.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Please I'm sure Jim Harbaugh of all people would never let that go to his head

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

solarjetman posted:

Not sure I like the idea of hiring Harbaugh after he's spent a decade coaching a major college team. People get used to being a mini autocrat and forget how to do the job without all that power.

I mean, we’ve seen Harbaugh go to the NFL and have success right after coaching college for a long time. I don’t think Broncos fans should be worried, at least about that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

solarjetman posted:

Yea, better focus on Brian Schottenheimer and Dan Quinn who won’t have that problem.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

still believe the broncos should hire someone completely irredeemable and worthless to fill out a year or two. like my rear end! just kidding. but they really should not waste and burn bridges with a good coach here in this situation. there are plenty of guys who would say yes to any hc position too. how about gus bradley

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Aggressively: “JIM HARBAUGH COME COACH THE DENVER BRONCOS!”

Harbaugh: “Nah.”

:argh:: “C’MON!!!”

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I want to see Harbaugh coach the Broncos because it will be funny.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Professor Funk posted:

I mean, we’ve seen Harbaugh go to the NFL and have success right after coaching college for a long time. I don’t think Broncos fans should be worried, at least about that.

I think there's a big difference between coaching a mid tier school and a giant recruiting behemoth. In the latter, you can paper over lots of problems with recruiting clout.

I'd still take Harbaugh over Quinn because a defensive head coach will just lead to Russ getting more OCs fired. And if the Broncos hire Brian loving Schottenheimer I will become the joker

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

solarjetman posted:

I think there's a big difference between coaching a mid tier school and a giant recruiting behemoth. In the latter, you can paper over lots of problems with recruiting clout.

Michigan recruits well but they’re not a Bama/UGA/Clemson type monster that just out-talents everyone. They’re usually 2nd, occasionally 3rd in their own division. He got his start in the NFL and had a very successful stint there, I don’t think he’s forgotten how it works.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want to see Jim bench Russ and draft a QB.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Michigan recruits well but they’re not a Bama/UGA/Clemson type monster that just out-talents everyone. They’re usually 2nd, occasionally 3rd in their own division. He got his start in the NFL and had a very successful stint there, I don’t think he’s forgotten how it works.

He took an Alex Smith led 49ers team that hadn’t had a winning season in close to decade to 13-3 his first year losing in the NFCCG. Then the next year went to the super-bowl with Smith and Kaepernick at QB.

To think he doesn’t know what it takes to be a NFL head coach is laughable. To think he’d tolerate any real interference in the team by ownership is also laughable.

He would be best in a situation where the owner is hands off, and I’m not sure WalMart heirs are willing to be that hands off with their new toy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

solarjetman posted:

Russ’ previous coach also did pretty ok in the nfl after a long stint in college. Although he’s obviously a very different personality than Harbs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Docjowles posted:

Russ’ previous coach also did pretty ok in the nfl after a long stint in college. Although he’s obviously a very different personality than Harbs.

You probably need a bit of an autocrat to keep Russ in line at this point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

solarjetman posted:

Don't discount the idea of Jim Harbaugh combined with Russell Wilson giving the most amazing press conferences after losing games.

Seasoned reporters would be audibly groaning in the background at whatever they said, it'd be beautiful.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can someone remind me why they believe Harbaugh WANTS to coach Denver?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

The only thing I can think of is the Penner-Walton checkbook

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

$$$$$-cash-moolah is my only idea. But we could be resetting the coaching market if they want to bad enough I guess. Harbaugh's doing fine at Michigan paycheck wise but they're not paying him Jimbo money or several other guys you could point at.

I'd imagine Michigan will again extend him and pay him a whole lot more is the end result here unless Irsay and the Colts go insane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess I mean that there are a lot of NFL teams and opportunities that Harbaugh could leave Michigan for but Denver is a mess, totally hamstrung with Russell's contract and GM and owner and whatever the hell Elway is and they're in a division that has Herbert and Mahomes.

Or Harbaugh could join someone like Atlanta or Carolina if those opportunities open up. I guess I mean there are plenty of destinations that are way better situations than Denver. Denver has historically been good but they are in a hole right now why leave for the NFL to a team that is behind the 8-ball

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

a neat cape posted:

The only thing I can think of is the Penner-Walton checkbook

that’ll buy a lot of milk-‘n’-steak dinners

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

To get Michigan boosters to crack their check books after threatening to fire him a couple years back

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The reporting last year was that Harbaugh was going to take the Vikings job and expected to get it and only after he didn’t did he express his full and unwavering commitment to Michigan. I think he wants to jump and he will if he gets a good offer. Not just money but hands off ownership.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

solarjetman posted:

Nick Saban flipped the gently caress out in Miami when his players called him "Nick" instead of "Coach Saban" what a tool lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

haljordan posted:

Nick Saban flipped the gently caress out in Miami when his players called him "Nick" instead of "Coach Saban" what a tool lmao

I don't think he's going to the NFL (or at least Denver), but I do think Harbaugh is the right type of meathead to fit in both with college and NFL guys. He's just a complete loving psychopathic weirdo who likes football and dumb football sayings that make sense to football players.

He's gonna have your back as long as you drink milk and eat beef instead of chicken. Other than that let's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think he wants to jump and he will if he gets a good offer. Not just money but hands off ownership.
I’d agree with that but I don’t really see the Walmart people being hands off with their new toy. Colts are more likely imo.