Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Sorry, what I meant was, I got a costco mount and paid for their install service in Feb, that was what led to the destroyed TV this month. I didn't pay too close attention but the guy who installed it basically completely hosed it up. Not sure what kind of refund I can get for the service but I submitted a claim on the Costco website regardless.

The comment about "don't move the TV" also came from some Costco install tech as well.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

there was a notice in the install sheet that the swivel arm bracket has to be centered on the wall plate if the wall is masonry. that absolutely did not mean that you can't use the full range of motion of the swivel arm, just that you can't slide it left to right relative to the plate (which you would have to unmount the tv to do anyway)

yell at costco until they replace your tv, installer was hosed

and unless you had some kind of OLED panel that $350 65" hisense they've got right now is probably an upgrade, demand one of those

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Uh, Costco would have to replace the TV, Mount, and fix the drywall if it came out in a chunk.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Yeah I mean you should be able to easily show that it wasn't on a stud and get them to replace the TV and the install fee.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

please, please post those pics

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wall

TV Mount

TV

TV was a Samsung 43in.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 1, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

lmao is that screw in the middle picture what was securing the mount to the wall jeeeeeezus fuckin christ its so short it probably penetrated like 1/2" into the stud I wouldnt trust that size of screw to hold up a 2 pound picture frame

This is what you use to secure TV mounts, 4 of these fuckers and a fatass can do pull ups on the thing

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 1, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

lmao is that screw in the middle picture what was securing the mount to the wall jeeeeeezus fuckin christ its so short it probably penetrated like 1/2" into the stud I would trust that size of screw to hold up a 5 pound picture frame

Same size as the one in the top, the blurry white bit is a drywall anchor I guess. You can see from the pressure mark on the bottom part of the wall that it's been doing this for a fair bit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If there's actually some reason he couldn't use lag bolts into studs and there was really no better way to install it, then he should have said "Sorry there's no way to install this, put your TV on a stand."

That's the shittiest install I've ever seen. Costco absolutely owes you everything to fix this.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bird with big dick posted:

If there's actually some reason he couldn't use lag bolts into studs and there was really no better way to install it, then he should have said "Sorry there's no way to install this, put your TV on a stand."

That's the shittiest install I've ever seen. Costco absolutely owes you everything to fix this.

That's for real, I just installed a single-stud mount a couple weeks ago and I drilled and sank 2 lag bolts, and the sinking was done with a socket wrench.

Looks great (outside of where my studfinder initially told me to drill and I hit the outside of the stud :argh:) and it's solid.

Whoever installed that did absolutely 0 attempt at work, period.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

pentyne posted:

Wall

TV Mount

TV

TV was a Samsung 43in.

:dogstare:

Jesus Christ. I'm newish to TV mounts (one brick and one single stud) and thats just...loving hell

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

That's a rookie TV install, I've installed mounts into studs I could hang off of myself. Don't let Costco weasel out of compensating you for this, and don't trust their installers again either I guess.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I have installed three different TV mounts and while I am extraordinarily non-handy and each probably took four times longer than it should have, I still managed to do a better job than this installer.

I have faith that Costco (PBUC) will make it right without too much effort, but don’t let them get away with it otherwise.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
There's nothing wrong with using a lag bolt but uh

What the Christ that screw is tiny no wonder it fell

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s not even a decent drywall anchor like you might use for curtain rods, it’s a drywall anchor you might use for a loving toilet paper holder. Hell it’s probably not even big enough for that.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lol at all these fools still cracking their studs with lags. Haven’t you heard the good news of our lord and fastener the structural screw?

Still better than the poor lost souls with tha little Phillips head dinks though

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Dick Fontaine posted:

Lol at all these fools still cracking their studs with lags. Haven’t you heard the good news of our lord and fastener the structural screw?

Still better than the poor lost souls with tha little Phillips head dinks though

Hell yeah. I used four of those for my TV mount, and reused the same four when I bought a new mount. The second two screws seem superfluous with the strength the first two have.

Also get a mount from Monoprice, there's no reason stamped steel should cost as much as it does anywhere else. Mine is a full motion mount with a single arm that glides with very little effort.

Edit : I would absolutely trust a smaller TV to Zip Toggles in drywall though. Smaller being 40" (maybe 55") and on a stationary mount. The repeated movement from a full motion mount would make me nervous, plus the torque when the TV was pulled out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHb-Tcvkn7M

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 1, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm just now realizing he used the washers because the screw head was too small for the mount holes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Got my $122.75 Executive Member Reward Coupon. :hehe:

Plus another $100 cash back on my CIBC Costco Mastercard. :homebrew:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I usually get my credit card reward in February I think.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

numberoneposter posted:

Plus another $100 cash back on my CIBC Costco Mastercard. :homebrew:

Hell yeah, you gonna treat yo self?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I usually get my credit card reward in February I think.

same

usually comes out to about 65 bucks which hey, it pays for the membership

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My last one was $332.51. I just use my credit card for almost every purchase I make. This year might be less though.

Free money!

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

If anyone was looking for exercise equipment or weights and the like my local Co' had a bunch on sale.

Been looking for adjustable dumbbells for our home gym for a while and found some Bowflex model thats a lot cheaper than I'd seen around the past year.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Went to church today to pick up the weekly necessities and there was a car backing up 2 dozen cars all the way to the inlet streets because they were insistent that they wanted a spot close to the entrance, and were willing to hold up all other traffic for 5 minutes while they waited for a car to pack up their purchases so they could get their spot. They were an able-bodied person (yeah, I hate watched them park and get out of their car to ensure that they were a bad person, and not me.) Hell is other people at Costco.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Went to church today to pick up the weekly necessities and there was a car backing up 2 dozen cars all the way to the inlet streets because they were insistent that they wanted a spot close to the entrance, and were willing to hold up all other traffic for 5 minutes while they waited for a car to pack up their purchases so they could get their spot. They were an able-bodied person (yeah, I hate watched them park and get out of their car to ensure that they were a bad person, and not me.) Hell is other people at Costco.

When this happens, I don't get out. I just wait and browse on my phone. If they ever get out to check, honk, yell, anything, I just get really pissed and tell them I'm waiting for someone. Yea i'm a big ol' butthole. Also I almost never park towards the front anyway. I drive a truck so I usually park on the edge of the lot.

numberoneposter posted:

Mines about to the be the lowest it's been since 2012: $81. I've still got a about a month and a half on it, but I really cut my spending this year. I'll still take the discounted membership. It'll probably end up being about $90-$95 by the time the period ends.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Church was hell today.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
When somebody pulls up for my parking spot I wave my slice of pizza at them to let them know they've got at least 45 seconds to wait while I eat. That usually moves them on

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Parking near the front is stupid. Parking near a cart return is the smart play.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ShowTime posted:

When this happens, I don't get out. I just wait and browse on my phone. If they ever get out to check, honk, yell, anything, I just get really pissed and tell them I'm waiting for someone. Yea i'm a big ol' butthole. Also I almost never park towards the front anyway. I drive a truck so I usually park on the edge of the lot.

There is nothing wrong with what you do. The only time it's safe to assume someone is leaving is if their reverse lights are on.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

:hmmyes: and I always try to back in to the spot (or pull through) so I can exit safely. Occasionaly bites me in the rear end when someone parks 1" from my rear bumper and trunk access is more difficult

Also got my first voucher report: $199 coming next month, more than I thought, so I'm thrilled

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

SirPablo posted:

Church was hell today.

Mine was as well. My church is out of cat litter until Wednesday.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mons Hubris posted:

:hmmyes:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Went on Friday and a lady blocked the main drive aisle waiting for a spot, had her blinker on and everything. Then when the car pulled out, someone else jacked it lol

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Was having lunch with a friend today and got a text from my stepmom that our Church has Kirkland Omeprazole for $6.99 per box. Even though the signage didn't mention a limit, the cashier told me it's five boxes per membership. Even their normal price of $9.99 is far cheaper than Target/Meijer/etc. Score!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I thought people stopped using proton pump inhibitors because they cause gastric cancer

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Wendigee posted:

I thought people stopped using proton pump inhibitors because they cause gastric cancer

That was only a certain kind - Zantac. There are all sorts of ambulance chaser lawyer ads regarding it on TV.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wendigee posted:

WescottF1 posted:

That was only a certain kind - Zantac. There are all sorts of ambulance chaser lawyer ads regarding it on TV.

Also, I'll take the cancer over sitting up all night or day with literal acid burning my esophagus. It's very painful.

edit: I have to do a stool sample and as of today I can't be on my omeprazole for 2 weeks. Loaded up on tums and poo poo.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also, I'll take the cancer over sitting up all night or day with literal acid burning my esophagus. It's very painful.

Yeah, back before I was taking the meds I had a couple episodes where it hit me at night when I was sleeping and I aspirated some into my lungs. Most unpleasant way to wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jesus, I just have to avoid spicy foods before bed and sometimes sleep on my left side.

Can't imagine how horrible it would be to wake up to throat acid