Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lobster shirt posted:

steve cishet

thank you for saying what we've always thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Glad we are once again mad at the Astros for something the Dodgers did.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

So close Steve...

Brandon McCarthy remains the king

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sydin posted:

The Dodgers have lost 11.5 fWAR between both Turners, Bellinger, and Heaney, and as far as I can remember have done nothing to positively replace it outside of picking up Syndergaard. Meanwhile the Padres signed Xander (6.1 fWAR), Carp (2.3 fWAR), and will get a full year of out Soto in 2023 instead of just a couple months.

They only lost 11.5 fWAR if you presume the players replacing them will be 0 fWAR players

Granted, I can't say much about that since I don't know the Dodgers roster construction but IIRC Lux is Turner's replacement and he's a pretty nice young player

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

They only lost 11.5 fWAR if you presume the players replacing them will be 0 fWAR players

Granted, I can't say much about that since I don't know the Dodgers roster construction but IIRC Lux is Turner's replacement and he's a pretty nice young player

I will definitely take the Over on Dodgers wins from that tweet, but it is kind of wild how unsettled their defensive alignment is now without Belli and the Turners.

(Busch has a 30-grade glove, I really don't see him playing 2B very often.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you're gonna be a baseball player and your name is Outman you'd think you'd be a pitcher

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Intruder posted:

If you're gonna be a baseball player and your name is Outman you'd think you'd be a pitcher

Same but opposite with Grant Balfour

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

heyward is going to end up as a starting outfielder and he's going to hit because the dodgers will fix him with dodger magic.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I will definitely take the Over on Dodgers wins from that tweet, but it is kind of wild how unsettled their defensive alignment is now without Belli and the Turners.

(Busch has a 30-grade glove, I really don't see him playing 2B very often.)
this is typical Friedman roster construction, they absolutely love guys with defensive flexibility

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Not sure who this is or his sources but he is followed by some baseball writers I have heard of. Angels and Nationals?

https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/1609255765511897090?s=46&t=6BESl_nza9cbjXNzXPX1vA

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ihatepants posted:

Not sure who this is or his sources but he is followed by some baseball writers I have heard of. Angels and Nationals?

https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/1609255765511897090?s=46&t=6BESl_nza9cbjXNzXPX1vA

Those are the most likely options. Holding out that the A’s are finally being released from their torment though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ihatepants posted:

Will Carroll has tracked MLB injuries for like two decades, he's plugged-in. Nationals are almost for sure because it's known that they've been up for sale for over a year. The other team is probably the Angels, because Arte Moreno has been fielding offers for almost two years. Dark horse could be the A's or possibly even the Red Sox, since John Henry's been considering getting out of the MLB game for five years.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If Henry isn't willing to open up his wallet when he owns a team like the Red Sox, then yes, he needs to sell to someone who will

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, two team sales hardly seems far fetched consider the Nationals and Angels have been talked about for quite some time along with any other quieter ones, bored billionaires, or surprises.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jesus, I’ve seen what you’ve done for others. And I want that for me.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Sydin posted:

He's a veteran player that, for all his faults, knows the grind and presumably has some wisdom to impart to younger players. If given the choice I'd prefer Mervis to platoon with Wisdom and Morel get a genuine shot at winning 3B, but I understand picking up Hosmer in a vacuum. Again though I don't think Ross would handle it well.

The Dodgers have lost 11.5 fWAR between both Turners, Bellinger, and Heaney, and as far as I can remember have done nothing to positively replace it outside of picking up Syndergaard. Meanwhile the Padres signed Xander (6.1 fWAR), Carp (2.3 fWAR), and will get a full year of out Soto in 2023 instead of just a couple months.

I think 90 wins for the Dodgers is an underestimate and 100 for the Padres is an overestimate, but also I think both teams will be closer than people think next year.
Also Fernando's return!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Fisher won't sell until the A's are moved, the man is hellbent on making everyone miserable solely because he didn't get everything he wanted on a stadium. Very glad we have a commissioner who is all about the game and not just enabling owners like Fisher

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

ihatepants posted:

Rays are building all 5 or so of the proposed stadiums and splitting time among all of them.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

marioinblack posted:

Rays are building all 5 or so of the proposed stadiums and splitting time among all of them.

The Montreal Tampa Rays of Anaheim

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sab0921 posted:

Glad we are once again mad at the Astros for something the Dodgers did.

Agreed, but we shouldn't stop there. We should be also mad at the Astros about stuff all the other teams did. Historical teams too. Astros suck cuz of what the Black Sox did.

Heck why be limited just to baseball. We should be mad at the Astros for something the New Orleans Saints or Lance Armstrong did.

Just all our hate to them :hai:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm still trying to imagine writing that headline. As if the only reason to not employ a piece of poo poo like Bauer is because people would get mad

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Astros twitter in particular is insanely toxic, it’s best to just assume the worst from anyone other than legit reporters.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
As much as I troll that Kkkubs and Kkkardinals fans are the worst stratum of society and what have you, in actuality a quick glance at any given team’s social media following always reveals some truly heinous views & behavior. Just the way it is unfortunately.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
obviously every group large enough online has some truly wretched people that it’s best to avoid, and most of them have peculiarities related to their fandom, like how most of Braves twitter is basically stuck in the year 1862

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the team with the worst fans is always going to be your team because you have to interact with them all the time

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

lobster shirt posted:

the team with the worst fans is always going to be your team because you have to interact with them all the time

:hmmyes:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The team with the worst fans is the team that beats my team

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
gross

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/1609404183463223298

also, the coward won't say who he talked to and isn't allowing replies

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Please don't be Mookie Betts

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

LobsterMobster posted:

gross

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/1609404183463223298

also, the coward won't say who he talked to and isn't allowing replies

https://twitter.com/danclarksports/status/1609270874586349573?s=46&t=tvUjHaCXU72S7mpuuICemw

https://twitter.com/danclarksports/status/1608263243910500352?s=46&t=tvUjHaCXU72S7mpuuICemw

Seems like a really great guy. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he cherry-picked who he interviewed instead of trying to take an actual good faith poll of the clubhouse.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I assume he didn't talk to anybody.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

This is weaselly local sports podcaster speak. Saying the Dodgers would be a better team with Bauer but not himself saying he wants Bauer on the team, same with claiming anonymous players all are fine with Bauer.

He wants Bauer on the Dodgers but doesn't want the flak of coming out and saying it directly.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GalacticAcid posted:

As much as I troll that Kkkubs and Kkkardinals fans are the worst stratum of society and what have you, in actuality a quick glance at any given team’s social media following always reveals some truly heinous views & behavior. Just the way it is unfortunately.

Yeah SAS is legit like the only place on the entire internet I've found where you can discuss sports with fans of many different teams and not get called a slur within five minutes.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/danclarksports/status/1609270874586349573?s=46&t=tvUjHaCXU72S7mpuuICemw

https://twitter.com/danclarksports/status/1608263243910500352?s=46&t=tvUjHaCXU72S7mpuuICemw

Seems like a really great guy. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he cherry-picked who he interviewed instead of trying to take an actual good faith poll of the clubhouse.

Criminals should get away with their crimes and the rest of society should just get over it, got it. What a clown.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Very believable as the players were very sad to lose him the first time, a thing that happened in reality, sure

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I dunno who that guy is but he's definitely full of poo poo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Back in the day when I had a podcast, he reached out to my partner in that endeavor and I told my bro he was a lying huckster. He’s well known in NY sports circles on twitter as being a hack

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I’ve seen at least a few social media posts lately saying the Dodgers are likely to release Bauer, but I don’t know if they’re any more credible than that dude

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Also Fernando's return!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
If the Dodgers are on the hook for his salary, the reason notto do "the probably most moral" thing which is not release him but never let him play is because he'd take up a spot on the roster?