Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember showing the movie to my fiancee and at the first sign of Faye's dementia she says to me "wait, this was one of your favorite movies?" lol

"Oh just wait, there's a stillborn birth coming up later!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i see people ask for a RDR2 remake
I think they just want Rockstar to try again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"Oh just wait, there's a stillborn birth coming up later!"

"Batteries not included"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

poo poo wrong thread

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 2, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Atlus' new year's message claims that they have several unannounced games coming out in 2023.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

Atlus' new year's message claims that they have several unannounced games coming out in 2023.

huge if true

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i see people ask for a RDR2 remake

I just want a 60fps mode for consoles.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*cries in Bloodborne*

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t hunger for 60fps bloodborne. Both Sekiro and Elden Ring have outdone it, I don’t need to play it anymore

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Playing one piece: odyssey and realizing 100 hours in the game ends after the Arlong fight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Odyssey is an original story, it also just revisits previous arcs as memories they have to get back.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

I don’t hunger for 60fps bloodborne. Both Sekiro and Elden Ring have outdone it, I don’t need to play it anymore

:mods:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoping Odyssey includes Wano so it takes 500 hours to complete

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My first anticipated release of 2023 is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpEygD9EPXQ
They gave Jack a gun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also my to-play list for 2023 is already 65 games and that is just what I scraped from GOTY Thread recommendations with no new releases considered yet lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also my to-play list for 2023 is already 65 games and that is just what I scraped from GOTY Thread recommendations with no new releases considered yet lol

That is too many games

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

hatty posted:

Sekiro has one weapon and Elden Ring makes you use an Ash of War just for a parry that doesn’t blow chunks?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Hoping Odyssey includes Wano so it takes 500 hours to complete....

....Act 1.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Last Celebration posted:

Sekiro has one weapon and Elden Ring makes you use an Ash of War just for a parry that doesn’t blow chunks?

elden ring doesn't make you farm blood vials, so we'll call it even

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

That is too many games

I remember reading an article that argued it was good to own way more books than you will ever get to read, because it means you can always think about the possibilities... I guess I am applying that to games lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yep never stop buying commodities

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i was mildly interested in that one piece game until i saw who the developer was

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

That is too many games

weakling

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jay Rust posted:

Yep never stop buying commodities

for sure, i made a commode out of them

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

tangential since this is an ebook based on a game but
https://mobile.twitter.com/SukebanGames/status/1609791725387522050

hmm. what a name. not to be confused with Super Lesbian Animal RPG, which also came out recently

Ramie fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 2, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They gave Jack a gun

lol i need to play this poo poo, i wonder if they'll release a complete edition at some point

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wow what a horrible thing to name your ebook

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They gave Jack a gun

Lol outta the corner of my eye I thought the moogle was baring their teeth and super mad but nope that's just the shoulder armor

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 2, 2023

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I got Elden Ring in boxing day sales because of all the GotY thread posts, and so far I have killed one (1) named boss, the beastman of something somewhere, and spent a lot of time roaming around looking at things. Oh and I spent forty five minutes crafting the perfect old crone face.

Possibly I should go in a building at some point.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was also inspired to get back into Elden Ring today... I just got an ice stomp attack and learned that I can dual-wield whips, time to be more Castlevania than Castlevania

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I see Sukeban still can't write for poo poo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was also inspired to get back into Elden Ring today... I just got an ice stomp attack and learned that I can dual-wield whips, time to be more Castlevania than Castlevania

That ice stomp attack was so absurdly OP at launch, still great now tho

I have a lot of games to play but the ones I really want to play the most are all the narrative ones (NORCO, Citizen Sleeper, Perfect Tides, finally getting all the way through Disco Elysium) but I’m worried I will burn out on them if I just play that style so I need to pace them out with more gamey games

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think they finally nerfed everything that was OP at launch with the nerf to rot breath/Flame of the Redmanes. RIP janky imbalanced mechanics, it was fun cheesing the game while you lasted, time to just cheese the game normally with the magic sword made of literal death. God Elden Ring owns, so many toys to play with.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Elden No-Ring

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can still laser 90% of all the bosses in this game to death (which they should not change, it's 100% fair and balanced).

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm looking forward to playing some games this year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Been playing Valkyrie Elysium, there's a grain of a good game there but the combat is too stiff to ever really work as the character action game it's trying to be, it's very repetitive and the characters and story are barely existent.

It's like SE tried to punch up a zero budget FuRyu game but all they did was add a bit more variety to the graphics. Most of those have better stories too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Been playing Resident Evil 2, I've now finished up both Leon and Claire's first runs and readying up for the second. The boss fights are kinda trash and the basic gun is awful against even standard zombies (you do get plenty of ammo for it at least) but man the game looks great and there's something compelling about how cheesily earnest it is.

Annette Birkin is a piece of poo poo though, nothing's changing my mind on that :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/siliconera/status/1609602934555430912?t=ibxVGjXJTUjMqL1rCk40gw&s=19

Come on, dude.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Selling my final fantasy rankings list, as an nft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guess we know how the GOTY 2023 thread is starting