Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

How'd you change the colours?

zaks on the darkmass.gg discord posted:

zaks — 12/29/2022 6:26 PM
I created a simple userscript to highlight items based on filtering rules. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/457328-darktide-shop-filter (you'll need to modify the script contents to add your rules, but it should be clear enough)
Bonus Snipe Ogryn Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Winds of Magic is actually really good as it unlocks Cataclysm difficulty, allowing you to rise above gear anxious Legend players.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Winds of Magic is... fine? Like the titular game mode is terrible and was DoA and nobody plays it, the only way to get any mileage out of it at this point is if you have a group of friends who want to give it a go. People crow about beast men a lot, and they are worse than rat men or chaos dorks, but not so much that I think it's worth avoiding them; their animations are a little more janky and the minotaur can be kind of bullshit at higher difficulties but otherwise, they're fine, in fact I kind of like their charging elites because it breaks up your front line strategies a little bit.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I think WoM is the one expansion I didn't get in the 'starter bundle' and looks like it has a ton of negative reviews.

If you like Sienna one of the weapon unlocks for WoM is The Flaming Flail which is her best melee weapon. Saltz's Billhook and the Throwing Axes for Bardin are also pretty fun/useful.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you're gonna love me cuts

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Still can't believe they made the claim that crafting will be done in dec then it passes without any communication at all haha. It's fatshark so i know this is normal but i thought they'd try to make a better impression with a new game.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Just joined a mission with one person dead, one down, and one in a trapper net. Everything loaded in just in time for me to get hit with the second net.

:thumbsup:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Just grabbed this Boltgun from the vendor:

After upgrading:

:getin:

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I ended up buying Vermintide 2 because of how much I enjoy Darktide (give DT some more time in the oven). Any newbie advice on weapons to shoot for etc? I also got the grail knight and the sister of the thorn because they seemed cool (may get the warrior priest for $2 before the sale ends too).

The whole 'log in and check the store' gameplay thing is just not doing a lot for me.

One of the good things about VT2 that's been the case for a long time is that pretty much all of the weapons of all of the characters are at minimum viable so the easiest (and least helpful probably) recommendation is to try them all and see which ones you have the most fun with. Broadly different weapons are good at different things and that's MOSTLY pretty clear with a little time with them but check the Steam guides section for some pretty useful info if you want more specifics, but do not remotely feel compelled to as I never did.

From seeing what my friends liked since most of my hundreds of hours were spent playing with a consistent group of 4:

Kerillian's weapons are broadly quite good, though can be very Career specific in terms of what you'd look for for each--with Shade you might want to capitalize on something with high single target damage since she can just delete bosses, for example. Dual Daggers and Sword and Dagger are pretty good picks all around, and Glaive is another strong choice that takes some getting used to. Sword and Spear on Handmaiden is generally a very good choice if you want to play that class defensively like it's (mostly) built to be

Bardin is extremely pick your flavor in terms of weapons, almost all of his poo poo is good, though if you're playing Ironbreaker I would heavily recommend something with a shield since he quickly becomes entirely unkillable even on Cataclysm. IIRC most of his ranged special sniper weapons like the handgun remain strong for that role, and his big explosive gun whose name I can't remember his more fun over practical but that's still a good enough reason to use it.

Kruber has some good stuff but most of his are pretty oriented towards big swings and cleaving through crowds, with some notable exceptions. Executioners Sword and Halberd are both very very good at killing armored dudes with head shots, though Halberd requires you to push attack so if DT was your first time with the games it might take some practice if you're still working on some of the other basics. IIRC with Grail Knight you should just use the weapons that unlock with it because they're loving nuts.

Saltzpyre's selection of weapons can feel a lot like some of the ones Kruber and Bardin have, though Rapier (which might only be for Witch Hunter Captain) and Flail (exclusive to Zealot) are pretty interesting. Rapier doesn't really play like any other weapon in the game and uniquely doesn't cost any block if you parry--which is to say block right when an enemy would hit you. The special action equivalent (was a mouse button for me by default) also fires a pistol, but IIRC isn't very good damage overall. His ranged weapons are kind of where its at, though, and I highly recommend trying Bounty Hunter with his Repeater Pistol. Wait until your passive is up, hold right click, then unload it into a boss and watch it instantly die. It's impossibly satisfying.

Almost all of my time in the game has been on Sienna so here's a more complete rundown:

For the most part all of Sienna's melee and ranged weapons are totally viable on any Career, though you might want to choose which ones you take based on your career ability. Since Pyromancer has a special deleting ability one of the AoE staves might serve you better than a sniper stave like Beam Staff or Bolt Staff. With the exception of Unchained Sienna's Careers are pretty squishy, so early on you might benefit from weapons lots of cleave like the Mace or Longsword, but she's not going to have a ton of block until you get some trinkets that increase it. Personally I prefer Dagger and spent most of my time with it--mashing left click and dodging is enough to control hordes, the first part of a heavy chain will apply burning dots, and the second attack has enough armor penetration to deal with enemies up to Maulers. The Flaming Flail is definitely her overall best weapon in terms of being able to do everything decently and I'd probably recommend that over anything else with the caveat that it's absurdly fun and will be hard to swap after you get a feel for it. Nothing feels as good after you swing your weapon around, slam it down on a dudes head, and it does an AoE explosion that knocks poo poo around. The newest staff, as well, whose name I don't remember offhand, has a shotgun for a leftclick and opens up a fire geyser with its right click and is just really loving good.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Just joined a mission with one person dead, one down, and one in a trapper net. Everything loaded in just in time for me to get hit with the second net.

:thumbsup:

Joined a mission last night that took me directly to the mission failed screen.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Ajaxify posted:

Just grabbed this Boltgun from the vendor:

After upgrading:

:getin:

drat

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Seconding how every weapon in VT2 is, at a minimum, usable so you don't need to worry about min maxing. Just make sure your talents complement whatever you're running with. My subjective favorite weapons for each VT2 character are as follows, if I don't mention a weapon, its just because I don't have enough experience with it:

Kruber:
*Executioner sword is good at everything. Light attacks are huge arcing swings you can aim at head level in hordes, heavies are brutal top-to-bottom smashes that easily land headshots and will decapitate almost every enemy at any difficulty in 1-4 hits
*The mace and axe is a lot of fun and feels "chunky" in a good way. Okay horde cleave with satisfying headshotting vs single targets once you start to vibe
*Lots of people like the spear/shield or just the hunting spear, but I can't get them to vibe with me, try em out and see if they click
*His other shield weapons are bad at killing but make you an absolute crowd control demon with how much stagger you can dish out
*For ranged, his handgun is a boring but competent special/elite killer. The longbow is fun and only available to the ranged class, so might as well use it a lot there. Repeater handgun and blunderbuss are good but I'd rather just have a special-killer and focus on his fun melee weapons

Bardin:
*The twin hammers and coghammer are both incredible and versatile, arguably best-in-slot for both hordes and crowd clear, but I believe they are both DLC weapons
*Axe and shield gives you a lot of capability to be disruptive and keep lots of things staggered, from hordes to elites. Not great at getting kills, but great at making it easier for your team to do murder
*Dual axes are a TON of fun on berzerker, the class has a bit of learning curve so you don't run off and die while balls deep in dwarven bloodlust
*For ranged, his flame weapons are fun and if they interest you, I'd use them while leveling - they drop off in effectiveness at higher difficulties so they might not be as fun to use. Otherwise handgun and crossbow are both good special/elite killers. There's a DLC rocket launcher that is very fun. I don't know how it stacks up in terms of meta viability

Kerillian:
*Dual daggers and sword/dagger are fast as gently caress, good with hordes, and the heavies do good single-target damage. You can feel like legolas
*Longbow for headshotting special and elites, shortbow if you want a little bow machine gun, Moonfire for a fun aoe dot option but it's DLC. Javelins are DLC but seem incredibly overtuned. If an elf joins and is using javelins, say goodbye to killing elites before they do

Saltzpyre:
*Rapier loving slaps. The light doesn't look like it would be good for hordes but it cuts em the gently caress up, especially if you are a witch hunter with the Flense talent that adds bleed damage. You have some of the fastest horde clear in the game with that combo
*Flail is fun, so are the dual hammers if you have the DLC (they are identical to bardin's which means they are great)
*The DLC class gets a couple new toys but the coolest is the book + hammer. You can charge attacks and do brutal ST damage while also AOE staggering in a small radius around your target, lots of fun
*Ranged options, YMMV, I cannot get the brace of pistols to click for me but they are undoubtedly powerful in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. I just run a boring crossbow for killing specials and elites.

Sienna
*Fire sword is used in a really fun and tanky dot build for battle wizard. Good damage and a TON of temp HP.
*The flail is a lot of fun but was harder for me to learn
*I didn't like dagger until I used it to build a crit-based thing using her second class and boy you can get some real silly damage out.
*Her staves are all fun and unique and viable, try em all out. My faves are the one that makes little swirly fires you can put down at choke points, and the beam staff which will absolutely melt monsters if you can keep the beam on them.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona

Specifically if you want to try out what the Psyker's Trauma staff would look like if it were good, check out Sienna's Conflagration staff, too.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Wow thanks for these awesome VT2 posts. I've been playing today and sort of switching between Sienna, Saltz, and Kruber (all still level 10 and below though). Sienna I have a flame sword which seems fun but I can't really decide on a staff yet. Kruber is great at just hacking through crowds (Ogryun-like hah). I've mostly done halberd and big sword (executioner I think) with him. I am probably 'worst' at Saltz with them but the brace of pistols for Saltz is a lot of fun and the rapier is satisfying.

Really enjoying it though and sort of kicking myself for sleeping on it so long.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Worth noting that Kruber’s spear + shield and Saltz’s rapier allow you to use their special attack while blocking, which make them incredible at killing maulers, halberd stormvermin, and berserkers from complete safety.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I will say, there's absolutely nothing like getting into the groove with a VT2 setup. They all feel so good and it really makes you want to get good with all of them. For me, my OG is Bardin Iron Breaker with either the 2-hammer or Cog Hammer and a Handgun. Just so drat reliable. And it feels amazing to get into the rhythm in a horde.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Also even though I'm used to playing psycher I blew myself up as Sienna like 3 times in one mission. Just some amazingly bad play but it was still fun.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Personally I'm a huge fan Kerillian's Elven Spear and I wish DT had an equivalent (like a bayonet mounted to a las/autogun or something), something about the range and head poking accuracy combined with a couple of wide swings to keep crowds in check really clicked with me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Biggest run ender for me right now? Lack of players!!! Keep trying to run Heresy and Damnation missions and getting like only 1 or 2 people on the team and its been very ogryn heavy

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Word of the bad launch has gotten around and Numbers Are Going Down.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Is the chat busted for anyone else in game? Can't see anything I type.

I'm having a horrible time as a psyker since no psyker weapons are dropping or appearing in the store. Feels constantly bad and I'm level 23.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Whats the functional difference between the butcher cleaver and the krourk cleaver???

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

light attack cleave vs heavy attack cleave

bull butcher is a lot more enjoyable to use

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jerkface posted:

Whats the functional difference between the butcher cleaver and the krourk cleaver???

The attack pattern, I can't remember the damage differences but the Bull Cleaver lets you light attack spam to murder the gently caress out of hordes and just has the vastly superior light attack pattern. The others are vertical strike downs on the lights.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

The Demilich posted:

Is the chat busted for anyone else in game? Can't see anything I type.

I'm having a horrible time as a psyker since no psyker weapons are dropping or appearing in the store. Feels constantly bad and I'm level 23.
if you get spectrum'd out (d/c due to backend and then reconnect) it'll disable in-game chat.

also yeah idk what to tell you about the horrible no-good time, I just played my characters to level 30 with whatever trash I found on 2s, and then did 3s for weapon drops at 30. Before 30 you're getting a lot of white/green drops from Emperor's Rewards, you start getting purple/gold drops at later levels.

Using this strategy I ended up at level 30 with ~250,000 dockets and enough plasteel/diamantine to fully bling out a gun. Then I camped vendors while praying for drops on 3s.

Not that this is flawless, I got three orange lasguns and an orange autogun on my Psyker that are pretty good, but I definitely wish were on my Veteran.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Thanks to goons I now have the Vet no melee damage to health penance. :toot:

Also earlier today got me probably my first 380 on Vet.

Upgraded it to orange and hot dang. One I can upgrade or change Wrath out this thing is gonna be extra nasty.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also even though I'm used to playing psycher I blew myself up as Sienna like 3 times in one mission. Just some amazingly bad play but it was still fun.

It's definitely really easy to overheat with Sienna since venting above a small amount will damage you and ways to deal with that are talent-based. Unchained gets the Psyker ability to vent fully on pressing F and is also my favorite Career so I definitely recommend trying it when you can

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Biggest run ender for me right now? Lack of players!!! Keep trying to run Heresy and Damnation missions and getting like only 1 or 2 people on the team and its been very ogryn heavy

The pool of players on Damnation is so small I'm beginning to recognize pubs.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
definitely seeing fewer people playing already it sucks

also some real toxicity at 3 and 4, encountered some guys deliberately throwing tonight, refusing to pick up or rescue teammates, throwing themselves off cliffs at the finale, referring to ogryn teammates as r words, just being lovely

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

terrorist ambulance posted:

definitely seeing fewer people playing already it sucks

also some real toxicity at 3 and 4, encountered some guys deliberately throwing tonight, refusing to pick up or rescue teammates, throwing themselves off cliffs at the finale, referring to ogryn teammates as r words, just being lovely

I haven't see the toxicity yet but I have seen the lack of games.

I think their matchmaking is just lovely. Like yeah population is probably depressed since launch, but I also notice I rarely get matched with players lower level than me and outside my region. Their matchmaking rules are way too strict, it'd rather throw you in a solo game than match you to somebody 10 levels lower or in a different time zone, which is weird, I'd rather play with the lower levels than be forced to play alone.

EDIT: It's almost like a proper server browser would fix these problems.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think they pitched disco stu to the investors but its a slow burn until they enact more of what they want to work on

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
One caveat to VT2 weapon stuff when first starting: ironbreakers flame weapons are 100% dependent on the flame damage buff feat at lvl 10 or 15? I believe. Before you get that there are like 2-3 levels where you *can* use a drake gun but the damage is ridiculously low.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
The flamer's primary fire is really underrated. It's great for staggering hounds and pox-bombers, as well as doing a walking fire advance on shooters in cover.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Typical Pubbie posted:

The flamer's primary fire is really underrated. It's great for staggering hounds and pox-bombers, as well as doing a walking fire advance on shooters in cover.

I love it on Psyker for this reason but find it awkward on Zealot due to the excruciatingly long equip time.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Typical Pubbie posted:

ya not good I've gotten matched with the same two ogryns multiple times

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Insert name here posted:

Personally I'm a huge fan Kerillian's Elven Spear and I wish DT had an equivalent (like a bayonet mounted to a las/autogun or something)

I never sunk many hours into VT2 but DT does have the Helbore Lasgun that has a bayonet

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Typical Pubbie posted:

I'm gonna guess that most people are just not up for that level of challenge. When I play with my friends at 30 with decent gear, they don't really stray above 3s or the occasional 4 if they feel spicy.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol the old game had some bragging rights about it, there's not quite the reason to perfect this game yet. some hyper optimal brained people are going to do what they do though

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Insert name here posted:

Personally I'm a huge fan Kerillian's Elven Spear and I wish DT had an equivalent (like a bayonet mounted to a las/autogun or something), something about the range and head poking accuracy combined with a couple of wide swings to keep crowds in check really clicked with me.

Spear on Handmaiden is just hilariously good because with her stamina regen you can abuse the hell out of just push attack combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kith posted:

Word of the bad launch has gotten around and Numbers Are Going Down.

Peak player wise, DT went from 107k at launch to 23k currently (Fun fact, there were about 70k people playing the pre-order beta)

V2 has doubled its regular player pool from +- 3k pre-DT launch to around 10k currently

Its a big enough pop to play games, but so many of the game's systems incentivise easy, guaranteed runs on Malice instead of playing for skill. That, and the existing bugs don't make playing top end a lot of fun, tbh.