Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Xguard86 posted:

I dropped drac on sinister once, thinking it was like 20 power 4x.

That's not how it works...

Dracula + Bar Sinister + Apoc is a fun trick though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Started this season at 10, and only was able to really hit the 40s in the previous seasons.

Ending at 80!

Curious how the new cards and locations will shake the meta (I assume Cerebro 4 will happen) but in this season Cerebro 2, Lockjaw-Thor, and Zola Venom were standouts for fun. Lockjaw Thor is just super fun to play in general.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
Clawed way rank back up to 80 after dropping below while doing the dailies (My nemesis: Win a location with 20+ power).

Got a Bast in a cache from said dailies, and had Mr. Negative in the token shop, which I took as a sign to give those negative surfers decks a go (now that that season is over...).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

y_y posted:

Got a Bast in a cache from said dailies, and had Mr. Negative in the token shop, which I took as a sign to give those negative surfers decks a go (now that that season is over...).

Don't worry, there's probably going to be some manner of degenerate Zabu Negative deck before long. If Zabu works like other cost reductions, he'll only care about the base cost of the card, so if you flip a 4/3 into a 3/4 with Mr. N then Zabu should still reduce the cost by two.

Psyker posted:

Curious how the new cards and locations will shake the meta (I assume Cerebro 4 will happen) but in this season Cerebro 2, Lockjaw-Thor, and Zola Venom were standouts for fun. Lockjaw Thor is just super fun to play in general.

I dunno about Cerebro 4, most of the good 4-drops that Zabu enables end up with, like, 8 attack.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jedit posted:

Reminder that pulling Tasky with Jubilee will copy the power of the card you played before Jubilee, not Jubilee herself.

Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed that. I guess since Taskmaster isn't being "played", the flag isn't "the card you played before Taskmaster", it's "the card before the card you just played".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed that. I guess since Taskmaster isn't being "played", the flag isn't "the card you played before Taskmaster", it's "the card before the card you just played".

Specifically it's that Jubilee doesn't finish playing until after her effect resolves.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

When does the season officially end? And what's the importance of rank going into the new season.

I got my first infinity split on Angela. It's pretty cool but I don't think I'm going to be chasing splits. I'm way behind on upgrades as is.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Walla posted:

When does the season officially end? And what's the importance of rank going into the new season.

I got my first infinity split on Angela. It's pretty cool but I don't think I'm going to be chasing splits. I'm way behind on upgrades as is.

New season drops you 30 ranks from the highest multiple of ten you are at at the end of season. So 69, 65, 61 all drop to 30, but 70 drops to 40. Highly advantageous to get from the end of one to the beginning of the next if you can.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Walla posted:

When does the season officially end?

Less than 9 hours from this post. The season pass page always has a timer at the top.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Got to rise and shine and get those cubes.
I think I'm going to give up on hitting 70 again before I drop out of 60 entirely.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Wonder what the new bundle will be after Sunspot times out.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Psyker posted:

Started this season at 10, and only was able to really hit the 40s in the previous seasons.

Ending at 80!

What's lockjaw Thor?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Skippy McPants posted:

Wonder what the new bundle will be after Sunspot times out.
$100 for the shittiest pixel variant they can find and 5000 credits

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Xguard86 posted:

What's lockjaw Thor?

thor tradin' your cards out from your deck

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CL200 and season pass 45, not sure I’ll make it to rank 30 but maybe if I do well tonight. fun game; thanks to everyone sharing their tips and wisdom in the thread (though some of it still doesn’t make sense to me because I don’t know the cards)!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

buffalo all day posted:

New season drops you 30 ranks from the highest multiple of ten you are at at the end of season. So 69, 65, 61 all drop to 30, but 70 drops to 40. Highly advantageous to get from the end of one to the beginning of the next if you can.

Which rank drops? The pink season pass rank, or the black rewards rank?

I'm at 91 in the pink, 67 in the black, but previously hit 71 and got that reward so if that's the one that drops 30 from the lowest ten, I'll have to get back to 70?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

DrBouvenstein posted:

Which rank drops? The pink season pass rank, or the black rewards rank?

I'm at 91 in the pink, 67 in the black, but previously hit 71 and got that reward so if that's the one that drops 30 from the lowest ten, I'll have to get back to 70?

Black rewards rank. If you’re 67 you'll drop to 30, so need to climb back to 70 if you want to drop to 40.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Tried clawing back up to 80, but the second the it looks like I'll win, opponents are retreating left and right

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

buffalo all day posted:

Black rewards rank. If you’re 67 you'll drop to 30, so need to climb back to 70 if you want to drop to 40.

And I assume that means when the new season starts and I'm at 40, I'll just start with all those rewards from ranks 1-40?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

DrBouvenstein posted:

And I assume that means when the new season starts and I'm at 40, I'll just start with all those rewards from ranks 1-40?

You have to play ten games first, but then yes you get all the rewards.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I wasn’t too happy about Luke Cage considering I’m missing so many other pieces for the Hazmat deck. Turns out he’s nice as an anti scorpion tech card though.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

Xguard86 posted:

What's lockjaw Thor?

Nikumatic posted:

thor tradin' your cards out from your deck

# (0) Wasp
# (1) The Hood
# (2) Armor
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Thor
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Vision
# (5) Jane Foster Mighty Thor
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Magneto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxvY2tqYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRob3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZpc2lvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmFuZUZvc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Generally do nothing turns 1 and 2.

T3 ideal is dropping Thor to get Mjolnir into your deck (and into your hand).

Lockjaw T3 if no Thor.

Drop freebies and 1 drops onto Lockjaw to cheat out your big drops.

Use Lockjaw to juggle Mjolnir with luck and/or Jane.

It... wins a lot, honestly. I don't run stats but I'd guess my games are about a 60% win, 30% retreat, 10% lose. You can see a need to retreat coming from a mile away.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm sitting at 50 even, so I'm done until tomorrow. Made it to 52 in the season as well. Not bad for a week.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rank 55 today… really whanna try to climb to 60…

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What's a good use case for Ebony Maw and Maximus? They seem more beneficial to the opponent than the player. Yondu is in a similar situation. I'm almost happy to see my opponent play him.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Walla posted:

What's a good use case for Ebony Maw and Maximus? They seem more beneficial to the opponent than the player. Yondu is in a similar situation. I'm almost happy to see my opponent play him.

They typically ensure you receive priority going into turn 4 and 5, which is very important depending on your deck. Most decks that run those cards mitigate the negative effects. Maximus might not care if you draw cards since they’re holding answers. Ebony is often run with White Tiger Wong reveal decks or with other cards that can push power into the lane. Sometimes your opponent also wants you to fixate on one lane, so they win the other two.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Walla posted:

Zero and cosmo

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Walla posted:

Ebony Maw is solid 1-7 and if played after Zero, you can keep playing cards after him (or if you play him behind Invisible Woman). And with Zero, you end up with basically a 2-10 (though it takes up 2 spaces of board for it).

Maximus is great against discard style decks. Drop him on 7 and you can ruin a Dracula. It's also really good to overstuff a hand with garbage if you get the "Add 5 rocks location" which can bottle them up from drawing poo poo they need/want.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
This morning I managed to edge over to 91 for my 500 gold.

Last season I hit infinite only by ranking up while staying below CL 600. I didn't think I would be able to get there this round as the post CL600 scene is brutal. For a long time it wasn't close and I was having trouble maintaining the 70 starting point. I eventually did have some success by switching back to an old list posted by follow goon Ctr+Alt+Delete:

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCdWNreUJhcm5lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This deck looks like nothing, but I cannot commend it enough. All Pool 1 and 2 cards, and once you figure out how it ticks (and how other's decks tick) this competes with Pool 3 decks. The only thing I could never beat was discard decks.

I jumped from the 80s to 90 after spending 5000 banked credits, the rewards from which pushed me over 6000 gold, while the Sunspot sale was active. After experiencing a month long drought of good cards, I pulled Death and Venom at the same time. Already having the other pieces of a Deathwave Deck (She-hulk and wave being my first two token shop buys, and Zola was my last good pull last season) I gained seven something levels in a few hours. I assume they're nerfing this? I get why people point to this thing when defending Leader.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

if absolutely nothing else, Maximus is a great T6 drop if you're concerned about giving them cards.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ebony Maw is harder to make work, but Maximus is just flat-out one of the best 3-drops. Deck consistency in this game is so crazy high that giving your opponent draws isn't as big a deal, especially past turn three when the "curve out" portion of the game is usually complete.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Walla posted:

I'm sitting at 50 even, so I'm done until tomorrow. Made it to 52 in the season as well. Not bad for a week.

Man, I’ve been playing about a week too and only at 27. Nice work!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ebony Maw is good in a move deck, where you can just use your move cards to fill the lane

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ending at 82ish. Tried a bunch of different decks and swung from the mid 80s to the 90s. Should be able to get back here next season

Deck Tech Fun Fact: Electro ramp needs either Galactus or Leader lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Spent a few games trying to get to 50 but i basically ended where I started, so whatever

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I had just enough credits to hit one final collector's reserve this afternoon, and got Rockslide... Non-holiday variant. Oh well! Can't complain since I got Rogue, Patriot, and Abomination

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ebony Maw is good in a move deck, where you can just use your move cards to fill the lane

I have a simple move deck that works well enough. I need to see if I can slot Maw in.

Subjunctive posted:

Man, I’ve been playing about a week too and only at 27. Nice work!

Congrats! Here's to next season! Funny enough, I had the most success with a dumb deck built around making Strong Guy viable.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also I'm not going to quote everyone, but thanks for the insight on Maw and Maximus.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Studio posted:

Happened to me today 🤷‍♂️

Confirmed that I was wrong and this has since happened to me, a Project Pegasus that flips mid-turn from a Scarlet Witch will grant energy on both the turn that it flips and the turn after, so a Sunspot gets to double-dip. No idea why it works that way or what other locations might have weird effects from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Walla posted:

I have a simple move deck that works well enough. I need to see if I can slot Maw in.

Congrats! Here's to next season! Funny enough, I had the most success with a dumb deck built around making Strong Guy viable.

I just got Strong Guy, going to see if I can make a deck that helps him and lets me play Infinaut too.