Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Today's VS $10 releases are (slipcovers in bold):

Blue Money, A Place Beyond Shame, Ice Cream Man, Amityville: A New Generation, The Fear, Love After Death, Alien from LA, So Long Billie, Through the Fire, and A Dim Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04aR7BZN55Y

never heard of this one before. interesting. from the director of Freeway.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

dorium posted:

from the director of Freeway.
It has gore by Tom Savini too.

The most famous person in it is Ashley Tisdale's sister though.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

This Is the Zodiac posted:

It has gore by Tom Savini too.

The most famous person in it is Ashley Tisdale's sister though.

the main guy looks entertaining, like he's doing a riff on patrick bateman who was a riff on ted bundy now being done in a riff on ted bundy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Lame, I was hoping for an action flick.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Blue Money, A Place Beyond Shame, Ice Cream Man, Amityville: A New Generation, The Fear, Love After Death, Alien from LA, So Long Billie, Through the Fire, and A Dim Valley.

Blue Money is also going OOP so get this while you can if you have any interest in buying it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

VoodooXT posted:

Blue Money is also going OOP so get this while you can if you have any interest in buying it.

Or flipping it! :v:

I just bought The Fear and Alien From LA because hey, they're ten bucks. I'm liking this sale because there's a few VinSyn titles I'm intrigued by but wouldn't take a chance at the usual sale price of $15.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kinda want Alien From LA… it’s under appreciated for sure!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’ve seen the chopped up MST3k version already, but I also bought it just because Albert Pyun has earned blind-buy status for me. His movies are always flawed and cheap and kinda bad, but they’ve also been consistently entertaining with lots of fun moments.

RIP btw

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ted Bundy is even more depraved than Freeway while still maintaining the same hideous comedic tone until the halfway mark when the sheer ugliness intentionally overpowers the entire film. It might be a real good counterpoint to the current complaint of glamorously fetishizing serial killers, but it still manages to wallow in how absolutely vile the content is. It's an autobuy for me, but it's not something I'd break out at parties.

Man, I wonder if VS is trying to lock down the OG cut of Tiptoes, too.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kinda want Alien From LA… it’s under appreciated for sure!
It's one of the best episodes of Mystery Science Theater too. "Don't look at my underpaaaaaaaaannnntts....!"

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I’m kinda indifferent on his other movies, but a VS Tiptoes release would be an immediate buy for me.

If anyone out there is on the fence, I’d recommend Love After Death for fans of old SWV fare along the lines of Curious Dr Humpp, and absolutely nobody else. Glad I have it but not a good blind buy for most folks.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Amityville: A New Generation is better than it has any right to be as a DTV sequel to a half-dead franchise. It's got couple of things going for it: a really likeable cast -- they're mostly nobodies, but there's also David Naughton, Terry O'Quinn, and for some reason Richard Roundtree -- and a pretty cool setting in an urban artists' loft with some sweet demon paintings. If you didn't get the Cursed Collection box while it was available it's well worth ten bucks.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 2, 2023

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
So is Sidekicks a good movie?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Chuck Norris made only one “good” movie in his career, and it’s not that one.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What's the one movie you're putting quotations around?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It better be Invasion USA

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Alright I picked up Ted Bundy. I was too curious.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

What's the one movie you're putting quotations around?

Lone Wolf McQuade. It’s still got some pretty goofy poo poo in it but it’s fun and a more modern (80s)take on a Spaghetti Western.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
The Hong Kong Collection seems interesting, anyone pick that up

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Lone Wolf McQuade. It’s still got some pretty goofy poo poo in it but it’s fun and a more modern (80s)take on a Spaghetti Western.

Ok, sounds neat, added to my LB watchlist.

Depending on how far you stretch the definition of Chuck Norris film, the best film that he played a significant character in was prob Way of the Dragon.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kc9E8MVvFo

I have a new feelgood go-to for whenever I feel like I'm hoarding too much physical media

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think my entire collection, DVDs included, could fit on 2/3 of one of those shelves.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

King Vidiot posted:

I think my entire collection, DVDs included, could fit on 2/3 of one of those shelves.

How many titles do you all have?

I'm at 1132.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm at 1132.

of which 2,605 are Blu Ray and the remaining 62 DVD.

(Counting films only, not TV shows or cartoons or the like)

Sniep fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 3, 2023

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

lol, I only have like 268 movies on blu ray, last I counted and I can't remember if that's the exact amount. That includes individual movies that are part of a larger boxed set. DVDs, I think maybe 80-ish?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
This last VS sale has me over 1400 individual titles, not counting TV stuff.

And for TV alone, I have complete sets of MST3k, the entire Doctor Who runs of Pertwee, Tom Baker, Davison, and McCoy, Star Trek through Enterprise, Simpsons 1-20, plus a random ton of other stuff.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I use My Movies to track everything and it says I have 954 release but 1,072 movies total (that’s with boxsets broken down into individual movies) and that’s spread across DVD, Blu-Ray and UHD, but doesn’t count my adult movies since apple won’t let them add those to the app.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
I just use plex, because i rip every single disc i buy and then stow it in those amazon vinyl bags and stash in my storage locker

No transcoding, straight 1:1 off the disk, on to a gigantic synology raid.

not a single pirated thing. i think i have the worlds only existing legal plex lol. Direct play to any apple tv in the house, just as good as the blu ray even the fancy sound protocols.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Counting box sets as 1 thing, I've got 138 blurays and DVDs

drat I need to buy more movies

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sniep posted:

I just use plex, because i rip every single disc i buy and then stow it in those amazon vinyl bags and stash in my storage locker

No transcoding, straight 1:1 off the disk, on to a gigantic synology raid.

not a single pirated thing. i think i have the worlds only existing legal plex lol. Direct play to any apple tv in the house, just as good as the blu ray even the fancy sound protocols.

You have the world’s only legal Plex because I do the same, but with Kodi instead.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

pwn posted:

I have a new go-to for whenever I feel like I have too many movies

pwn posted:

I have a new feelgood go-to for whenever I feel like I'm hoarding too much physical media

you must have liked it, posting it two days in a row lol

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm at 1132.

According to Blu-ray.com, which I use to catalogue my collection, 1012 blus, and 32 4Ks. I'm sure there's some overlap, since the 4Ks are mostly in sets that include the same title on blu-ray.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I just moved my collection from a shelf to a drawer

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Used to have like 400 kung fu DVDs and maybe 200 VHS until I ripped them all and donated the hard copies. Haven't ever watched them all of course but I have the collector acquisition bug bad when I get into something.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Orange Carlisle posted:

you must have liked it, posting it two days in a row lol

I legitimately am baffled. Had to check the links. I have no memory of posting it twice. I'm sorry! That's... kinda terrifying.

What's worse, being thirsty or early alzheimer's (it's the latter.)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

What is the current "I just got a new TV and check this poo poo out" movie? I basically want the best looking UHD movie

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Top Gun Maverick imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

morestuff posted:

I just moved my collection from a shelf to a drawer

ah, got one of these setups?