Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Technowolf posted:

Was Renner rumored to be in any of the upcoming movies?

Only thing on IMDB is Avengers: Kang Dynasty scheduled for 2025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
IMDB is poo poo, he already confirmed he wasn't going to be in the Avengers movies

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Rarity posted:

IMDB is poo poo, he already confirmed he wasn't going to be in the Avengers movies
IMDB and the word of Marvel actors are all lies

nobody will know until the movie comes out or a paparazzo (or leaker) captures on-set footage of ya boy arrowing Thanos 2

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hawkeye has been boring as hell for the 11 years in the MCU with no signs improvement, so this is an easy money save for Disney.

Make the new Hawkeye girls or whatever the stars, like the first one

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the hawkeye show is good, but its entire point was to set up the new hawkeye

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Put America Chavez in it, she rules.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Not really MCU but still Marvel TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp-dGWKL5HY

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That animation rules and it looks like a lot of fun.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It’s funny how Dan Slott’s comments have made people angry. I must admit that I thought Ms. Marvel would be the show that made chuds angry, not She-Hulk.
I don’t have a problem with people not liking the show, it’s just interesting how angry they are while not being able to express what they don’t like about it.

That animation is definitely not for me, but I’m also old and I dislike most modern animation.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Oasx posted:

It’s funny how Dan Slott’s comments have made people angry. I must admit that I thought Ms. Marvel would be the show that made chuds angry, not She-Hulk.
I don’t have a problem with people not liking the show, it’s just interesting how angry they are while not being able to express what they don’t like about it.

Most people have a hard time articulating what they like or dislike about media in general, because media literacy isn't really something most people spend time on; and I say that as someone solidly in that camp of "most people" on this one; though I loved She-Hulk personally, and it was basically everything I hoped it'd be even before there was a show announced. As implied though, I'm a big fan of her comics, so I'm somewhat biased and was primed to like it regardless.

tsob fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 3, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jerusalem posted:

West Coast Avengers, then?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

man, the use of color is so good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Soul Glo posted:

the hawkeye show is good, but its entire point was to set up the new hawkeye
That and it seems like his arc is done

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/EveningStandard/status/1610198853931646978

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jerusalem posted:

Alternately, don't; not because I dislike America Chavez, but because I still think it's weird that the end of Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wasn't her going "now that I have control of my powers, I'm going to go search the multiverse for my moms", because why the gently caress wouldn't she? If the direct follow up is instead her going "let me kick around the US for a while, helping people out of relatively minor league troubles" then it just destroys the character's motivations entirely in my opinion. I don't know if the search should be her own solo, self titled movie/show or what, but gently caress, at least acknowledge that before having her settle into the MCU generally.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Oasx posted:

Ms. Marvel focused on a cute, dorky, really nice girl who happened to be of Pakistani heritage. She-Hulk seemed kind of focused on pissing off chuds, laughing at them and otherwise telling them that their penises were tiny to non-existent.

Oasx posted:

That animation is definitely not for me, but I’m also old and I dislike most modern animation.

That's where I am but I'll still check it out because I kind of liked the main voice actress who I'll have to look up on IMDB.

And... did that. Diamond White was apparently in a couple of Madea movies but holy poo poo who else is in this thing.

Cobie Smulders. Alfre Woodard. Wesley Snipes. And Lawrence Fishurne as The Beyonder.

Yeah, I'm totally checking this thing out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Also loving Childish Gambino right there playing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looks like a lot of fun and got a good vibe to it
https://twitter.com/DisneyMGDD/status/1592167158343090182

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I got excited about this show when I started reading the Moon Girl comics with my kid a year or two ago, then got un-excited when the series failed to come out and I also realized how insufferable the Moon Girl character in the comics is.

hopefully this version is better by omitting the endless monologues about how smart the main character thinks she is and how she doesn't need anyone's help (except when she does)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tsob posted:

Alternately, don't; not because I dislike America Chavez, but because I still think it's weird that the end of Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness wasn't her going "now that I have control of my powers, I'm going to go search the multiverse for my moms", because why the gently caress wouldn't she? If the direct follow up is instead her going "let me kick around the US for a while, helping people out of relatively minor league troubles" then it just destroys the character's motivations entirely in my opinion. I don't know if the search should be her own solo, self titled movie/show or what, but gently caress, at least acknowledge that before having her settle into the MCU generally.

Oh I'm assuming that she'll have refound her moms and is popping back and forth hanging out in the 616 Universe because she feels like she owes it to that reality to help out now and then v:shobon:v

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That song is such a bop

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yup, my daughter will eat that up, and I won't be embarrassed to watch it with her at all. Looks awesome, from the colors, to the music, to the humor. Like Teen Titans Go with a little Spider-Verse mixed in.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2023-01-03/jeremy-renner-snowplow-accident-hospital-surgery-hawkeye

Apparently Jeremy Renner has a habit of helping out around Reno and Lake Tahoe with stuff like snow clearing and charity work, to the point where he'll call the mayor to ask if there's anything he can do while he's there. He had gotten out of the Snowcat to help a driver whose car got trapped in the snow when the brakes or whatever failed and it rolled over him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yikes, hope he recovers.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Infinitum posted:

Looks like a lot of fun and got a good vibe to it
https://twitter.com/DisneyMGDD/status/1592167158343090182

Are tapes back in vogue or something? I know vinyl has had a resurgance over the last decade or so as a physical thing people can touch while most music distribution has gone digital, but I didn't think cassettes had the same romanticism and draw to it that vinyl has always had. It seems like such a strange thing to put on a character who seems to be mostly an inventor of rather fantastical things.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arist posted:

Yikes, hope he recovers.

I lived bitch

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sivart13 posted:

I got excited about this show when I started reading the Moon Girl comics with my kid a year or two ago, then got un-excited when the series failed to come out and I also realized how insufferable the Moon Girl character in the comics is.

hopefully this version is better by omitting the endless monologues about how smart the main character thinks she is and how she doesn't need anyone's help (except when she does)

Yeah Moon Girl kinda sucks in the comics and even though I feel like the author's point/the point of the story with her and DD is trying to teach her to be less insufferable, it never quite gets there. Ideally this adaptation will fix that issue. Which it looks like it already does since she has one friend off the bat.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Has comic moon girl done anything to show she's the most intelligent person on the planet yet other than saying she is? I found that frustrating in the comics

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
iirc she either single handedly made (or at least was involved in making) the device that neutralized the Terrigen mist cloud in the largely-forgotten Inhumans vs. X-Men event.

Other than that I can't think of many. She may have been in a few alternate world/future stories but those are a dime a dozen and I'm not a human encyclopedia.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Sivart13 posted:

I felt the same way about Ironheart. The only way Marvel can portray a girl genius is with a huge flashing neon sign over her head saying "SHE IS SMART!!!".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Oasx posted:

She-Hulk made fun of the chuds, Ms.Marvel didn't.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Alhazred posted:

She-Hulk made fun of the chuds, Ms.Marvel didn't.

True, but Kamala Khan is brown and the show features muslims shown in a positive role. Chuds usually don't like that stuff either.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think they just ignored Ms Marvel if they had a problem with it whereas She Hulk, both the show and the character actively took the piss out of them and made them the bad guys.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1610794899959590912

Tangentially related, but it looks like Werewolf by Night was such a hit that Warner Bros. wants Giacchino to keep doing his throwback monster movies.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just a huge 'gently caress you' to DC's abysmal failure.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know that The Rock has wanted to play Black Adam for a long time, but let’s be honest he isn’t exactly a great actor, his strength is his charisma.
Spending a ton of money to have him in a role that doesn’t play to his strengths.

Also they really need to stop trying to trick people into likening Superman. Either do a straight up movie/tv show, or try to do something new with the character for once.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I know nothing about black adam and the MCU has a monopoly on my superhero media consumption, but the trailer looked good. Then I forgot and totally missed the release of the film, sounds like it was dissapointing? I'm guessing if batman and justice league are the extent of my DC knowledge it'd be wasted on me.

Well, I guess I also read some Constantine. I actually got excited/confused by what I briefly thought was swamp thing in WWbN, thinking we might see some Constantine. Wrong brand fool!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That was Man-Thing!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Constantine has been like the one consistently good adaptation they have outside of Batman but they keep canceling everything he’s in or just give him bit roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oasx posted:

Also they really need to stop trying to trick people into likening Superman. Either do a straight up movie/tv show, or try to do something new with the character for once.

You mean like Superman & Lois, season 3 debuting March 14 on your local CW affiliate and streaming the next day on the CW app?