Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bills? Bengals?
This poll is closed.
Bills 9 23.68%
Bengals 7 18.42%
Billgals 9 23.68%
Bengills 13 34.21%
Total: 25 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Patrick Star explaining how we are all just tools for capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Literally everyone on ESPN is like, “yo there is no way you can play this game,” so I honestly can’t see how the NFL let’s it go on. I know greed and revenue and all that but letting it continue would be a PR nightmare

now that all the announcers have said they should call it, yea it'll be a catastrophe if they go forward even assuming hamlin is ok. if hamlin dies at any point in the next few days and they play this game the NFL is going to have lynchmobs after them

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wilderthanmild posted:

What are even the logistics of cancelling the game? Never play it and two teams only played 16 games? Call it a draw? Play it tomorrow? Squeeze it in later?

Honestly, if a player died on the field I don't know if I even think next weekend's game should be played as normal, but maybe I'm overreacting?

At this point? Play it tomorrow or Bills forfeit and if the Bengals then forfeit turning it into a Bills loss or tie. (I can't imagine the Bengals wouldn't also forfeit)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

wilderthanmild posted:

What are even the logistics of cancelling the game? Never play it and two teams only played 16 games? Call it a draw? Play it tomorrow? Squeeze it in later?
They don't know

a big part of what's happening right now is that this is, thankfully, literally unprecedented

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

skip has robot brain like schefter, he can't help it

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Like, the MNf crew is forcibly put on the spot and made to comment.

Why would anyone else voluntarily throw their dumb poo poo takes out there?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Literally everyone on ESPN is like, “yo there is no way you can play this game,” so I honestly can’t see how the NFL let’s it go on. I know greed and revenue and all that but letting it continue would be a PR nightmare

Imagine how loving poorly you have to handle something for the company paying you billions of dollars for the content to be like “CUT THE loving FEED”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1610103769790050306

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Even Schefter seems like he wants to break ranks and say to cancel this poo poo ffs.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My mind is sick and I immediately thought of the Challenger Disaster airing live in basically every classroom in the country because of the Teacher Goes to Space thing about it.

never forget that there were talks about having big bird on that shuttle, it could have been much worse/funnier

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

wilderthanmild posted:

Honestly, if a player died on the field I don't know if I even think next weekend's game should be played as normal, but maybe I'm overreacting?

I assume the reason we're not hearing anything is because they're having to figure out the answers to these questions in real time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Abugadu posted:

Lol what do you think Skip has been doing for his entire worthless existence

No one will be sad when that rear end in a top hat dies

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I want these announcers and studio team to be relieved of the feeling that they're gonna have to stall for any more time. They're in misery. The players are gonna be worse. And gently caress I hope Hamlin is okay.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Kalli posted:

At this point? Play it tomorrow or Bills forfeit and or Bengals then forfeit turning it into a Bills loss or tie. (I can't imagine the Bengals wouldn't also forfeit)

I'd say gently caress tomorrow, punt it to Thursday. There's already infrastructure in place for TNF games and they didn't have another one scheduled for this week anyway.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I wonder if this will lead to any further rules changes about head on head contact or similar changes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The crowd shots are super interesting

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Abugadu posted:

hot take brain is so poisonous

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
i'm hearing the dolphins have cleared hamlin

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This should have happened to Skip

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

This dumb gently caress rightfully getting ratio'd

Goodell stop being a dumb piece of poo poo and just call it, if he doesn't they need to get rid of his rear end in any way possible

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

back in 1994 formula one, Senna and another driver died during a race. which was restarted multiple times and ultimately finished.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_San_Marino_Grand_Prix

closest comparative I can think of

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just watched what happened... So odd he popped up then just look like he died on his feet.

Let the coaches decide what they should do, they'll do what the teams want.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

wandler20 posted:

gently caress, every time Suzy starts talking it sounds like she's about to announce be passed away. Stop that poo poo.

So true, she's leading in with this incredibly somber summary as if she's about to announce it.

It's kinda like Michael Scott in the office when he hits Meredith.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just weird stab in the dark but wonder if they’re delaying announcing it’s canceled to give the players/staff chances to get out of the stadium first. I imagine they all want to go to the hospital.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
They’re gonna call it I’m sure, there’s just a ton of logistics to work out probably before announcing it officially

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Goodell isn't going to do jack poo poo until the people who own him (the team owners) give him his marching orders, that guy is basically a walking haircut

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Redeye Flight posted:

I'd say gently caress tomorrow, punt it to Thursday. There's already infrastructure in place for TNF games and they didn't have another one scheduled for this week anyway.
but they have week 18 games to play too, can you ask them to play two games in three days?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Genuinely good on Joe buck for saying who cares about the game.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MJeff posted:

They also would've shown the replay but would've dubbed "MY LEG!!" over it.

Cartoon Xs over his eyes?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
My guess is both the teams have to agree to something because of dumb playoff implications but no fuckign way they play tonight.

thoughts and prayers for what good it will do for that kid.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

i'm hearing the dolphins have cleared hamlin

Thank you for this I needed a laugh :cry:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Another half hour and they can squeeze in all the commercials that would have run

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sash! posted:

Cartoon Xs over his eyes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftfDPIIXqxU

(I'm just trying to find something to lighten this situation, good lord this is horrible)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Illegal Hen

Bip Roberts posted:

Jeremy Renner is still alive, right?

When I learned of the news he was in critical condition, but his injury happened on New Year's Day.

haljordan posted:

I wonder if they cut off beer sales in the stadium

As I grabbed a beer from the fridge I thought the same thing.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

haljordan posted:

Goodell isn't going to do jack poo poo until the people who own him (the team owners) give him his marching orders, that guy is basically a walking haircut

yeah this

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

it's... kinda darkly hilarious that they've burned through every commercial they sold ad time for tonight?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
So, 4 years ago I had a friend killed in an explosion. We kept doing our job of evacuating the area, running patients to the hospital, etc., after we were given the go ahead to clock out. That was largely a "need to keep busy or we'll go insane" case and obviously bigger than a football game.

The point I'm getting at is, if this game goes on, it has to be only because of the players wanting it to so they are able to "keep busy". Literally nobody else outside of that locker room should make the decision for them. If they decide to keep playing I absolutely get it, but hope they don't.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lisa: "I DON'T KNOW poo poo, JOE"

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull
They finished the game Chuck Hughes died during but that happened in the 4th and his death wasn't announced until after the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Lisa Salters sound shook.