Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/fangsbites/status/1610119399272288256?s=46&t=V-0FfbLq9_fEVSoEofc4tg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
They’re gonna replay the scene from the Alf Christmas special when the sick kids in the hospital

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this man's name is Ben Baby

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Being intubated can be "ok" relatively speaking if someones vitals are good right?

Being intubated is just to maintain an airway but you can't have one in and be alert since it makes you gag. I assume they are just sedating him in case something else happens and also since he probably has half the world's supply of lidocaine running through his veins right now

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ben Baby deliver us salvation.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

I read that as being put in a medically-induced coma. I hope I'm wrong :(

From what I understand you basically can't put a breathing tube down someone's throat if they are conscious.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Wiltsghost posted:

i dunno who this is talking to svp but i like him

ryan clark. ryan clark is very good

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

good god, i didn't realize tua's first concussion happened on the same field. crazy.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

indigi posted:

this man's name is Ben, baby

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Tua injury happened there too, what the hell is going on in Cincinnati?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dango Bango posted:

This SVP/Clark convo is REAL

That was really good poo poo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's story time with Ben Bay-bay

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

indigi posted:

this man's name is Ben Baby

Get him off the TV.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Being intubated is just to maintain an airway but you can't have one in and be alert since it makes you gag. I assume they are just sedating him in case something else happens and also since he probably has half the world's supply of lidocaine running through his veins right now

Propofol, most likely but yes. Intubation is standard in practically all cardiac arrests (with some rare exceptions)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

That was really good poo poo

I'm still in awe of Clark calling out the NFL needs to get [counselors] out to the teams before they can even THINK of resuming this game

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Baxate posted:

Ohio

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/amymarierusso/status/1610119071684612097?s=46&t=V-0FfbLq9_fEVSoEofc4tg

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Being intubated can be "ok" relatively speaking if someones vitals are good right?

I'm not an expert on this, but my mom died a few weeks ago after a cerebral hemorrhage and her vitals were ok but she couldn't breathe without a tube and was never going to again. So, until we get further word, news like this could be good or bad or neutral, I guess.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
A table break vigil is being held outside the hospital.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Tayter Swift posted:

I read that as being put in a medically-induced coma. I hope I'm wrong :(

If it is a medically induced coma, In a lot of cases, it's to slow the body's other processes down, to allow them to heal while not overstressing the critical areas.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the last time i felt this lovely limbo state was when ryan newman got sent to the loving moon at daytona and we all thought he was dead for an hour

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Baxate posted:

A cursed field in a cursed stadium in a cursed city in a cursed state in a cursed nation on a cursed world.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dango Bango posted:

I'm still in awe of Clark calling out the NFL needs to get [counselors] out to the teams before they can even THINK of resuming this game

I’m not super familiar with him but I absolutely love the dude now. Totally won me over there. Him and SVP both are handling this by being real as gently caress and it’s great.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

A cursed field in a cursed stadium in a cursed city in a cursed state in a cursed nation on a cursed world.

Isn't that where Antonio Brown also got concussed into someone horrible by Vontaze Burfict? God what a wretched history that place has.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kidcoelacanth posted:

the last time i felt this lovely limbo state was when ryan newman got sent to the loving moon at daytona and we all thought he was dead for an hour

Yeah, I had the exact same feeling.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Pushing this again. Dude almost died playing a game that we have fun watching and talking about and this cash ends up buying toys for kids in need. Drop spare change out of your Paypal, $5, $10, whatever, lets blow this up.

EDIT: Almost $800k now

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 3, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Black Lighter posted:

I'm not an expert on this, but my mom died a few weeks ago after a cerebral hemorrhage and her vitals were ok but she couldn't breathe without a tube and was never going to again. So, until we get further word, news like this could be good or bad or neutral, I guess.

sorry for your loss

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Black Lighter posted:

I'm very sorry for your loss. Thoughts with you and your family.

We lost my father in law earlier this year to a sudden brain infection and he was similar. His vitals were shockingly strong the entire time but in the end it didn't make a difference.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m not super familiar with him but I absolutely love the dude now. Totally won me over there. Him and SVP both are handling this by being real as gently caress and it’s great.

I never really liked him in the past when he was doing actual analyst talk, but yeah, he's been outstanding tonight given the situation.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope it's a good sign but we already knew he never lost his pulse (thankfully obviously) so I don't know how much of a sign.

He also wasn't breathing on his own for some time, which makes me wonder if his brain didn't get oxygen during that time.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

TheKingslayer posted:

It's story time with Ben Bay-bay

sigh. heh

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Fundraiser is closing in at $1M. Gonna be one hell of a daycare center.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

For those without ESPN
https://twitter.com/JoeJHoyt/status/1610120960417452038?t=vEfTS2oohGXGIQziYlXpTA&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lifespan posted:

Pushing this again. Dude almost died playing a game that we have fun watching and talking about and this cash ends up buying toys for kids in need. Drop spare change out of your Paypal, $5, $10, whatever, lets blow this up.

$784K now

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Black Lighter posted:

drat, sorry to hear that man.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope it's a good sign but we already knew he never lost his pulse (thankfully obviously) so I don't know how much of a sign.

You don't do CPR on someone with a pulse

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Black Lighter posted:

I'm really sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Cthulu Carl posted:

Bills and all Buffalo sports are extremely cursed.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If he’s intubated I’m assuming he isn’t breathing on his own, hopefully it’s precautionary for something otherwise he could be brain dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

aperion posted:

Isn't that where Antonio Brown also got concussed into someone horrible by Vontaze Burfict? God what a wretched history that place has.

and where carson palmer went from the up and coming greatest qb ever to breaking his leg and fading into mediocrity?