Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I just beat nier: replicant and did the endings and let it delete my saves, same as automata

wasn't there a nier: automata anime coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

sb hermit posted:

What is the thread's opinion regarding celery in homemade (boxed roux) japanese curry?

I need to get rid of this celery and either I can just use it as a snack or try an experiment.

It worked well in this curry-flavored japanese recipe, so I'd say give it a try and report the results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah FF7 was big because it was essentially something nobody had seen before

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I just beat nier: replicant and did the endings and let it delete my saves, same as automata

wasn't there a nier: automata anime coming out?

yes. now do the replicant ending where you get your saves restored

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

sb hermit posted:

What is the thread's opinion regarding celery in homemade (boxed roux) japanese curry?

I need to get rid of this celery and either I can just use it as a snack or try an experiment.

celery ruins everything it touches. things that are nice in curry: potat, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, shrimp,
things that arent: celery

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

bocchi basically died in the final episode. rip. started spy x family at my wife's request, the telepathic child is the best character by far

She and both her hot parents are very good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I dunno I'm pretty burnt out after getting all the wepon. is it worth it?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Beef and celery stir fry is alright but it's not a curry veggie imho

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
celery has a strong flavour like carrots so they're both bad for stir fry and good in a soup

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

celery is for soups and salads not much else

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ants on a log

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Namtab posted:

Eat what you want

I don't cook enough to know if it could really ruin the flavor or not

Ohtori Akio posted:

it's alright but i usually skip. just chop large enough that it doesn't disintegrate

hmm

Tamba posted:

It worked well in this curry-flavored japanese recipe, so I'd say give it a try and report the results

hmm!

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

celery ruins everything it touches. things that are nice in curry: potat, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, shrimp,

hmm.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Beef and celery stir fry is alright but it's not a curry veggie imho

I find this compelling

SmokaDustbowl posted:

celery has a strong flavour like carrots so they're both bad for stir fry and good in a soup

good point

Tales of Woe posted:

celery is for soups and salads not much else

I find this to be the case

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm gonna flip a coin at the last minute and see if it gets included in the stew which is already going to include potatoes, carrots, and a comically large number of onions.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I'm a pretentious tryhard weirdo, so I like having celery around just so I can make a mirepoix so I can make soups and stews whenever I want

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think my mum's (granddad's) stir fry was kinda just.. soy sauce, garlic maybe, beef and celery. I'll ask her later. It's a very.. simple meal but that's English cooking for you

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

studio mujahideen posted:

it doesnt hurt that gundam wing owns

Absolutely. I'm not one of those people who tries to denigrate a work by attributing its success to everything surrounding it. "Right time right place, that's all it was." That's stupid.

But it's like how classic Gundam failed to take off here. I love Zeta Gundam but quality doesn't always ensure popularity.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i don't blame you. Nier is not a fun game, especially after three runs in a row. Ending D is the perfect way to turn it off and never play it again.

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Is this something new with the relrease? I don't remember hearing about this.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I enjoyed Nier but I don't know if I have it in me to upgrade all the weapons again.

Those flying wizard shades are the worst to farm.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I make vegetarian Japanese-style curry frequently, but I've never tried celery in it. S-tier ingredients are onion, potato, sweet potato, carrot, zucchini. Tossing in some peas is fine too. Mushrooms kinda clash with the flavor unfortunately. Chopped green onion / scallion as a garnish is pro.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NikkolasKing posted:

i don't blame you. Nier is not a fun game, especially after three runs in a row. Ending D is the perfect way to turn it off and never play it again.

I'm pretty burnt out after getting all the wepon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mentat Radnor posted:

I make vegetarian Japanese-style curry frequently, but I've never tried celery in it. S-tier ingredients are onion, potato, sweet potato, carrot, zucchini. Tossing in some peas is fine too. Mushrooms kinda clash with the flavor unfortunately. Chopped green onion / scallion as a garnish is pro.

broccoli instead of celery

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Buschmaki posted:

I'm a pretentious tryhard weirdo, so I like having celery around just so I can make a mirepoix so I can make soups and stews whenever I want

I was going to make an irish stew but I decided to chicken out at the last minute.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think my mum's (granddad's) stir fry was kinda just.. soy sauce, garlic maybe, beef and celery. I'll ask her later. It's a very.. simple meal but that's English cooking for you

I don't do enough stir fry. Maybe I'll look into this more, but unfortunately my celery is nearing its shelf life

Mentat Radnor posted:

Yeah, I don't think mushrooms would go well either.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

broccoli instead of celery

This is kinda growing on me. I might seriously consider this. Maybe just the tough stalk portions and not the head, though.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Trying a Thing, so go check it out:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021097

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

If your celery is nearing the end of its days make a whole bunch of Clamato caesars.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hoip

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

If your celery is nearing the end of its days make a whole bunch of Clamato caesars.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Furnaceface posted:

The downside to that is having to drink a bunch of clamato, :barf:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The fluffdaddy thread made me remember battle programmer shirase lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah it owns. unless you hate kaine

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

Canada has inflicted many wrongs on the world but few more heinous than the Caesar cocktail.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Kwyndig posted:

The downside to that is having to drink a bunch of clamato, :barf:

I don't have access to clamato and I'm all out of vodka.

What's the american version of clamato? V8?

I think the only things left in my cabinet are whiskey, gin, and rum.

Arc Hammer posted:

Canada has inflicted many wrongs on the world but few more heinous than the Caesar cocktail.

I guess this is why I've never seen clamato

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Yeah FF7 was big because it was essentially something nobody had seen before
doesnt help that the saturn tanked in the west so a lot of the early 3d RPGs on it were either obscure in the west or never came out here. made ff7 seem like even more of a giant leap forward when the most recent jrpg people could compare it to was like, suikoden 1 at most and often chrono trigger or ff6

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

doesnt help that the saturn tanked in the west so a lot of the early 3d RPGs on it were either obscure in the west or never came out here.

everyone plays dark souls now though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

everyone plays dark souls now though

and yet they wont play frame gride

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
donovan mitchell scored 71 pts in an nba game for my team the cleveland cavaliers

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay here you go: marinade some beef strips in a teaspoon of corn flour and a teaspoon of soy sauce (not too salty, kikkoman is good) for at least half an hour, fry that up, then add a little more of that soy sauce and the celery to it. We usually just serve it with rice.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

verbal enema posted:

donovan mitchell scored 71 pts in an nba game for my team the cleveland cavaliers

this rules. mitchell/garland/mobley/allen cavs are a fun team.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Southern Cassowary posted:

this rules. mitchell/garland/mobley/allen cavs are a fun team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6u9JgfAbJM&list=PLA73D1BA3AF4EDB6A&index=3