Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seeing Nakamura covered in blood with a giant grin on his face makes me real, real sad.

Like I know it's gauche to hope that a guy gets fired so I can watch him in the company I like, but, gently caress!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

is aew really promoting this danielson match as a big deal? it's something that could happen on any dynamite or rampage any given week, and it'd get a "oh sure, that'll probably be solid" reaction and it'd do what aew needs it to do, which... is all i'd expect from tony nese vs Big Name.
if aew's trying to sell it as notable, it's very much not weird for people to be disappointed by the other half of that match being a guy who got punked by kevin gates and hasn't had a match on dynamite in 4 months.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sleepwalkers posted:

is aew really promoting this danielson match as a big deal? it's something that could happen on any dynamite or rampage any given week, and it'd get a "oh sure, that'll probably be solid" reaction and it'd do what aew needs it to do, which... is all i'd expect from tony nese vs Big Name.
if aew's trying to sell it as notable, it's very much not weird for people to be disappointed by the other half of that match being a guy who got punked by kevin gates and hasn't had a match on dynamite in 4 months.

It’s fans making up a big deal in their head and getting mad about it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Didn't the Bucks face Lucha Bros when AEW debuted in southern California and not, like, the Trustbusters?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

Seeing Nakamura covered in blood with a giant grin on his face makes me real, real sad.

Like I know it's gauche to hope that a guy gets fired so I can watch him in the company I like, but, gently caress!!!!

Nah, it's cool, I always hope something happens that forces Bryan Danielson to wrestle full-time in All Japan. We're allowed to be a little bit selfish as wrestling fans.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

sleepwalkers posted:

is aew really promoting this danielson match as a big deal?

It's at best the third biggest match on a weekly TV show. Putting any amount of thought into it beyond "I don't give a poo poo about Tony Nese" or "Tony Nese is actually a solid wrestler so I'm looking forward to it" is unhealthy behavior

edit: forgot about the tag title match; it's actually the fourth biggest match on the card!

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 3, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Didn't the Bucks face Lucha Bros when AEW debuted in southern California and not, like, the Trustbusters?

Yes in the main event of a stand alone Rampage in a building they'd always wanted to run. Bryan is not in the main event, because he's not selfish. Instead the Home Town Kid Darby Allin is main eventing in a big title rematch.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

For what it's worth, my first reaction to hearing the show I'd be going to had Tony Nese vs Bryan Danielson was disappointment. I definitely wanted to see a bigger match than that. But oh well, I'll get to see Bryan Danielson kick some dude's head in so I'm ok with it in the end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NathanWeber1998/status/1609992658260205572

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

TTBF posted:

For what it's worth, my first reaction to hearing the show I'd be going to had Tony Nese vs Bryan Danielson was disappointment. I definitely wanted to see a bigger match than that. But oh well, I'll get to see Bryan Danielson kick some dude's head in so I'm ok with it in the end.

This is pretty much how I feel. Like others have said, Danielson probably has a lot of influence over who he wrestles and when, and while I wish his opponent was a bigger name, the match will probably be really good and will lead to something with MJF so I'm cool with it

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MJeff posted:

Muta's mist

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I think an angle a lot of people are overlooking is that yes, Bryan Danielson is a hometown hero who will get a hero's welcome in Washington. He's also gotten to wrestle in the Tacoma Dome and Key/Climate Pledge Arena. He even retired there.

As mentioned, Darby Allin and Swerve Strickland are also both from Washington and regulars at Defy, which has attendance top out around 1,000. This is going to be the biggest 'hometown' show either of them have ever had by several orders of magnitude. Assuming Danielson requested this match and not a long main event on this Dynamite, I can see why he'd want to take a relative backseat to the two of them.

Even going back to the Bucks main eventing that Rampage, that was also their first "arena" show in Southern California (they'd done some big-ish NJPW shows in California, but most of those were Bay Area shows). Also as mentioned Bryan is way less selfish than 99% of wrestlers.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Rebrand Cole carter with an ibs gimmick and call him Cole carter the renegade farter

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I will be changing "Defy" at swerve

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NewsXero/status/1606015180227235840

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
More like Zero News!!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Under no circumstances would anyone ever say Tony Nese "has momentum"

Even if Tony Nese was standing at the top of a hill and someone pushed him?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Selachian posted:

Even if Tony Nese was standing at the top of a hill and someone pushed him?

no, because tony nese is very athletic and he would be able to halt himself before falling

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

Nese vs Danielson is gonna rip and I don't care about how many wins Nese has

Yep, seriously. "Oh nooooo Danielson is going to have what is fairly likely going to be a pretty drat good match against a guy who can go in the ring, who has been having decent matches regularly for a while. Oh, the humanity!"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Danielson wants to face Nese I'm going to go ahead and let him

AEW is his happy place, where he does whatever makes him smile. And heck, I think it's wonderful. I hope it's a good match.:)

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Tony Nese is a great wrestler but he comes across as super bland on TV so the role of "cheap heat heel jobber who loses to great babyface wrestlers in great matches" is perfect for him. There are too many great wrestlers in AEW for all of them to be top guys.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

This the most people have ever thought about Tony Nese

Tony Nese doesn't think this much about Tony Nese

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ToniElire93/status/1610099819305107457?t=qV_7hYVn3IThOC2LqEc3Dw&s=19

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

If only there was some way to build up the MJF and Bryan match that's coming up soon.

I dunno, like if MJF had a lawyer who also acted as a manager. And maybe one of the wrestlers managed by that lawyer could be put in a match with Bryan?

Too bad AEW doesn't have anyone like that, I guess.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

A Fancy Hat posted:

If only there was some way to build up the MJF and Bryan match that's coming up soon.

I dunno, like if MJF had a lawyer who also acted as a manager. And maybe one of the wrestlers managed by that lawyer could be put in a match with Bryan?

Too bad AEW doesn't have anyone like that, I guess.

Tempting, but Mark Sterling doesn't manage Jade any more.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 3, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lamuella posted:

Okay they pretty much have to run this match next week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jade vs Danielson would be so sick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

He still represents her!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1610433832674791426

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Anti-Crack Account took on the Krew and blinked, you hate to see it. :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Screenshotting since twitter is actually dying this time

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, honestly, it's one thing to stay in character and be all about HEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, but I agree with the guy. MJF really should just delete that tweet.

Some things, you really shouldn't try to exploit for cheap heat. poo poo like the colonisation of Ireland, the English genocide of the Irish, and the Troubles fits squarely in that category.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 4, 2023

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah that kind of poo poo is....

Beyond the pale...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MJF with THE TWEET BEYOND

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Maxwell runs afoul of an Irishman

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Seams posted:

Maxwell runs afoul of an British person

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WDEVV7/status/1609970228833968128

I love when people get this mad about matches they didn't watch.

https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/1610637474388213760

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Love Ohbari who took over as NJPW President at the end of 2020 getting credit here