Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
~supply chain~ has really hosed TJs more than most stores I think, it was really dire when I was doing shopping there during peak lockdown. Variety just went to zero.

I use the number of different frozen pizzas as the metric for how they're bouncing back, at its peak they had like 20 kinds and at the worst they had like 4? Right now I think my store has about 10-12 so recovering but not recovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I miss the Kati pouches. It was like a hot pocket but good. Idk if it was at all authentic but my gujarati co worker loved them too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Those were great too. God. Stop taking away our stuff.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Trader Blows

I tried to warn the Joe Bros about the impending CostCo scourge....... I tried...........

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

TRADER LETS GOOOOOOO

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I tried the trader joe's eggplant sfogliatelle the other day. They were pretty fun

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Going to fill this up with sewing supplies when I'm done eating the cookies.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joe day is almost upon us.

Time to watch my wife put 12 boxes of random cookies in the cart before I dump them in the wine aisle.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

You better not be ejecting any Peppermint Joejoes from the cart

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fartington Butts posted:

You better not be ejecting any Peppermint Joejoes from the cart

They get ejected. Because I can't have snacks in the house. Too many edibles and I'm eating a box or cookies. Can't do it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Just tell her to hide them, don't make her live without peppermint jojos

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Joe’s says no’s to labor’s woes! Say it ain’t so Joe!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/04/trader-joes-union-workers-labor-law

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Huh. I didn’t know that was illegal.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Unionize Joe. For the good of Joemployees everywhere.

Still getting groceries because if you think Safeway or whole foods is any better, lol lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
No one shops *only* at TJs for groceries through right. No one would be that deranged.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Chinatown posted:

No one shops *only* at TJs for groceries through right. No one would be that deranged.
It is certainly my primary but I would have some difficulty if it was literally the only place I had access to, unless it was like "across the street".

It helps that I am cooking just for myself 90% of the time

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

I consider any food item bought in a grocery store a grocery.

Should I be buying vapes and RHINO XXL pills from trader Joe's?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I consider any food item bought in a grocery store a grocery.

Should I be buying vapes and RHINO XXL pills from trader Joe's?

I think the question was whether anyone shops for food at Trader Joe’s and no other grocery stores, not whether you only buy groceries at Trader Joe’s.

As for me, there’s no way I would be able to grocery shop at TJ’s now, though I came pretty close in college.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I go there a lot when I visit my kids in Simi Valley. Super nice place. Masks were worn by employees until the mandate was lifted.

Also an older man pointed out to me the best spaghetti sauce was in this can on the bottom shelf. Didn’t believe him but bought it and it was the best tasting sauce I’ve ever tasted. Now I haven’t seen it in years. 😞

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Joe's regular jarred sauces are pretty good, the basil one with the red label is hands-down the best store brand sauce I've ever had, and it's probably better than all but the really high end specialty sauces.

Anyway I can't imagine how TJ sells loaves of bread except to people who can eat a whole loaf in one day or who really need penicillin in exactly 4 days and want make it themselves.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Baron von Eevl posted:

Joe's regular jarred sauces are pretty good, the basil one with the red label is hands-down the best store brand sauce I've ever had, and it's probably better than all but the really high end specialty sauces.

Anyway I can't imagine how TJ sells loaves of bread except to people who can eat a whole loaf in one day or who really need penicillin in exactly 4 days and want make it themselves.

You take the Tuscan loaves and throw them directly in the freezer and use it up as you need. That's how.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just horked down one of these. Gonna grab another when I trade at Joe's tomorrow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Just horked down one of these. Gonna grab another when I trade at Joe's tomorrow.

Hell yeah this is great.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I saw a friend of mine driving in the parking lot of Trader Joes and I texted him on our group chat I saw him and he sent me a photo

How good are these?

I used to like the chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels but they changed the recipe or something and they're not as good anymore

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I like those guys a lot.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dunno if I've had the TJ's ones, but every time I've had those sorta cookies they've been good as hell

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Only good if you really like maple, with more sweetness than intensity iirc. I like sweets but I can handle about one of those.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah they are pretty sweet even by cookie standards. Good with a cup of black coffee.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah they are pretty sweet even by cookie standards. Good with a cup of black coffee.

I agree with this.

My limit is one and I’ve got a hell of a sweet tooth.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

I agree with this.

My limit is one and I’ve got a hell of a sweet tooth.

I bet you I could eat the box in one sitting

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
TJ's frozen chow mein for dinner last night.

Thaw the sauce packet and mix it with a few dashes of oyster sauce, sesame oil, light soy sauce, Huy Fong garlic chile paste. Splash of Shaoxing cooking wine.

Add extra broccoli and peppers.

Toss in a wok. One of my go-to weekday dinners.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Toxic Mental posted:

I saw a friend of mine driving in the parking lot of Trader Joes and I texted him on our group chat I saw him and he sent me a photo

How good are these?

I used to like the chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels but they changed the recipe or something and they're not as good anymore

i love these sweet fucks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hubba hubba

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We've gone too far, our ambitions have exceeded god's. We must pay the price.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
And the price we must pay is around $2.99

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
full two weeks without nary a post

shant speculate

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

i'm trying a new thing where i eat the food in my house before i go to the grocery for more, so i have not been to joe's in a bit

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

full two weeks without nary a post

shant speculate

I'm gonna make sure you are never able to buy the orange chicken ever again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I'm gonna make sure you are never able to buy the orange chicken ever again

The fake orange chicken they sell is pretty drat good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

i'm trying a new thing where i eat the food in my house before i go to the grocery for more, so i have not been to joe's in a bit

That's hosed up.