Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I feel lucky to not even really be familiar with acid reflux. I think I must have had some degree of it during some of my hangovers back in the day, but otherwise it just doesn't happen to me.

I hypothesize that me being a weird milk drinker has had some protective effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I honestly don't know how people dealt with poo poo like that before modern medicine. It runs in my family and my mom's throat is literally scarred due to acid reflux. Luckily they came out with nexium poo poo a while back and I was able to get it prescribed.

I guess that's why we used to die at like 40.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Can you drink kombucha pennywise

It may help your stomach acid problems become more manageable

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can you drink kombucha pennywise

It may help your stomach acid problems become more manageable

The carbonation and the acid that I use to marinate meat to break down the proteins (vinegar of course) would do a loving number on my throat.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I had terrible acid for years and Zantac was amazing. So I kept it around for several years and would use it during bad attacks. Really loving bummed when I read about the cancer. Hooray!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Kombucha is terrible for real, bad indigestion. Oh, your stomach is full of foreign bacteria and strong acid? Better fill it with more of those!

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Went to church today to pick up the weekly necessities and there was a car backing up 2 dozen cars all the way to the inlet streets because they were insistent that they wanted a spot close to the entrance, and were willing to hold up all other traffic for 5 minutes while they waited for a car to pack up their purchases so they could get their spot. They were an able-bodied person (yeah, I hate watched them park and get out of their car to ensure that they were a bad person, and not me.) Hell is other people at Costco.

Yeah, it is really agonizing to have to idle in a parking lot, and when the lot isn't full, the problem is often created by someone who can't be bothered to walk an extra 40 yards.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

Kombucha is terrible for real, bad indigestion. Oh, your stomach is full of foreign bacteria and strong acid? Better fill it with more of those!

I enjoy kombucha and other kinds of fermented foods but the touted health benefits of fermented foods seem totally made up. The narrative about how the 'good' bacteria in the foods fights the 'bad' bacteria in your digestive system sounds like a children's bedtime story.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

silence_kit posted:

I enjoy kombucha and other kinds of fermented foods but the touted health benefits of fermented foods seem totally made up. The narrative about how the 'good' bacteria in the foods fights the 'bad' bacteria in your digestive system sounds like a children's bedtime story.

Yes of course it's all made up.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Sorry everyone, I didn't get a chance to go back to Costco for $50 jamon. I didn't realize my location has such a better deal on it than usual...I guess it didn't sell well here at all and they had to last ditch try and move stock... I'll head back today and see, maybe they kept the sale going...also doesn't bode well they'll have it all next year if it sold so poorly it was marked half off the usual price elsewhere?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It gets marked down to $50 here for the past few years and still shows back up at normal price the next year. I got one last year at $50 and thought it was pretty overrated tbh. Took it to several holiday parties and still ended up pitching about half of it, won't be buying again.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Kombucha, kimchi, and durian. Probably would make for an epic poo poo.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

can't wait for Costco to start carrying casu marzu

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Wrong thread

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 3, 2023

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
How the gently caress did this get posted here and not the Deadpool thread.

Thankfully the technical glitch reminded me to pick up some potstickers and ravioli :cheers:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If that happened using an app, I'd recommend reporting it to their developers.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ya if it happens again I will.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

How the gently caress did this get posted here and not the Deadpool thread.

Thankfully the technical glitch reminded me to pick up some potstickers and ravioli :cheers:

Get yourself some glitchioli

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

Goes well with drippini

I just spent a whole buttload of money on Costco Travel for vacation near the end of this year. That means $60 already for next year's certificate. I'm just annoyed I didn't apply for the Costco Citi CC earlier than last April

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Johnny Truant posted:

Depending on where it's sourced, could be just some cheap Sparking Radium instead

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Rare Costco miss today

Bought a new shower head because, well, I needed one. It's a Kohler where the sprays change with the push of a button instead of turning the head.

Completely busted out of the box. It only sprays while you hold down the button, but it completely stops when you let go. I don't have the receipt anymore and I shredded the box when opening so I'm super annoyed I have to return it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

If you sign in on the website you can get a full order history of all your in store purchases. Can print out the invoice from there or just pull it up on your phone and they can do it that way.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Enos Cabell posted:

If you sign in on the website you can get a full order history of all your in store purchases. Can print out the invoice from there or just pull it up on your phone and they can do it that way.

The person at the return desk has your history right there, so no need to do anything just bring in the pile of scraps in a tote bag and hand it over. I did this with an old Netgear router when they (Netgear) pushed out an update that bricked my model, it was no problem.

Also I'm officially the proud owner of the Costco credit card. I'm torn, though, because my current card is cash back automatically on each statement, and the Costco card is apparently a once a year physical check? The current card is one percent, though, so obviously the Costco one will be double or triple the amount.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BigHead posted:

The person at the return desk has your history right there, so no need to do anything just bring in the pile of scraps in a tote bag and hand it over. I did this with an old Netgear router when they (Netgear) pushed out an update that bricked my model, it was no problem.

Also I'm officially the proud owner of the Costco credit card. I'm torn, though, because my current card is cash back automatically on each statement, and the Costco card is apparently a once a year physical check? The current card is one percent, though, so obviously the Costco one will be double or triple the amount.

It's less convenient, and it's really fun to get the big payout annually.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

BigHead posted:

This is true, but last time I did this the lady let me know she was very happy I had it ready to go and she didn't have to search through my order history. Probably not as big of a deal if you know it was on your last trip in, very different story when you are returning something from 6 months and 30+ trips ago.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Enos Cabell posted:

Oh wow I didn't know that. Cool!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BigHead posted:

I’ve had Costco returns people get lovely with me when I asked them to look up the receipt. They made up some policy about needing to have it after a certain date or something.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Encountered two upset Costco employees yesterday.

The first one was someone apparently on lunch, who yelled at queueing food court customers “There are two lines, not one giant line.” One guy listened to him, stepping out and forming a new line, and the employee got in line behind him. The single food court employee at the counter proceeded to only help the “giant line”, leaving the yelling employee to fume and the customer to quip “Guess I got in the wrong line.”

The other was a woman leaving one of the offices, on the verge of tears, telling whoever was inside that said person already had whatever they wanted, not her.

Apparently per Nextdoor, it was slammed on January 2nd, so maybe emotions are running high.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Blue Moonlight posted:

Apparently per Nextdoor, it was slammed on January 2nd, so maybe emotions are running high.
Uh yeah, I feel bad for retail folks this week. Went to get my prescription checked on Monday because new year new benefits and they were absolutely bonkers crazy answering phones and poo poo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh wow I didn't know that. Cool!

I think all the big box stores do this now. I can log in to Fred Meyers and see my transaction history. I've returned stuff to Lowe's and they can pull up my entire transaction history with a swipe of my credit card. Receipts ain't worth much these days

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I did see a gigantic tantrum a while back, in those butchery coolers at the back. Some employee lost it and was throwing trays and screaming.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nothing beats scream crying in a walk-in.

Went to church today on behalf of an elderly neighbor who broke her sacrum and can't leave her fourth floor walkup. Would not have gone this week besides but it was better than I thought it would be. Although she was very specific despite my fervent objections that she only wanted ONE rack of lamb. I bought it ($25.50, 1.7lb) and put it in her deli drawer. She couldn't find it because she couldn't believe it fit in her deli drawer and has to feed six tomorrow. Oops!

(I'll go back tomorrow morning)

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
re: Omeprezole, I was concerned myself because I've been taking it daily for over a year now. I contacted my doctor about my concerns and they told me, "I mean.. I've been taking it daily for over 3 years and haven't had any problem. But if you're concerned we can schedule some tests to figure out what's going on." So I've gone and scheduled some lab tests for whenever. I've tried others. Tums loving sucks and is only good for it's portability. If you're experiencing heart burn in the evening, but are apprehensive towards Omeprezole, have some Mylanta on hand. I found that works the best and lasts quite a while.

In other Church news, we got a new fridge from Costco that was bought during the Black Friday sales. It was something like $600 off if you spent over $2,000. The fridge was $1950, so I found some minifridge that fit the $50 difference. That particular LG deal also included a free second fridge. It's like a slightly larger dorm fridge i guess? like, a camper fridge. Anyways, the big new fridge came and we found 3 small dings on the freezer door. I think we're just gonna accept it because ordering and delivering a fridge is such a hassle.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Uh yeah, I feel bad for retail folks this week. Went to get my prescription checked on Monday because new year new benefits and they were absolutely bonkers crazy answering phones and poo poo.

Huh I never thought about that. Guess I can postpone my Costco trip till I'm back from vacation

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I’m about to return a $2000 wall bed, I didn’t like a bunch of things about it including that they hid in the pictures that there’s a 1 foot gap behind your head where pillows and phones can fall into an abyss behind it, and that the built-in desk is shallow enough that it feels like airplane-class legroom.

Any tips for the return? I assume my best bet is to just show up unannounced with all the wood panels wrapped up in commercial cling wrap. It still shows up in my orders in the webpage from a few years ago. Hopefully they’ll be cool about it if I make it as presentable as I can?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

AmbientParadox posted:

Anyways, the big new fridge came and we found 3 small dings on the freezer door. I think we're just gonna accept it because ordering and delivering a fridge is such a hassle.

It's really not that hard to inform Costco that it came damaged but its a real big hassle to return and get a new one delivered and you'll have to see it constantly. I bet they give you a benjamin for your trouble. I wish I could do that for the 3 dings in my door from my toddler having a tantrum and banging on it with some hard toy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

I’m about to return a $2000 wall bed, I didn’t like a bunch of things about it including that they hid in the pictures that there’s a 1 foot gap behind your head where pillows and phones can fall into an abyss behind it, and that the built-in desk is shallow enough that it feels like airplane-class legroom.

Any tips for the return? I assume my best bet is to just show up unannounced with all the wood panels wrapped up in commercial cling wrap. It still shows up in my orders in the webpage from a few years ago. Hopefully they’ll be cool about it if I make it as presentable as I can?

You're trying to return a bed that you bought 3 years ago?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

:dafuq:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

You're trying to return a bed that you bought 3 years ago?

A bed frame! Why not? I needed to rent a truck to return it and that wasn’t really practical the last few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

A bed frame! Why not? I needed to rent a truck to return it and that wasn’t really practical the last few years.

...dude no.