Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I still need to finish watching that, I don't watch a lot of tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I still need to finish watching that, I don't watch a lot of tv

It's worth it, season 3 was great and season 4's the last one so hopefully the quality keeps through to the end

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What is it?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Umbrella Academy, innit?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Yeah. The last thread keeping me subscribed to Netflix until I decided to just pirate it instead.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh, I assumed that was some dumb resident evil spin-off from the title and I'm the last person in the US who has never had a Netflix subscription. Shows what I know.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

My first thought was 'Bob The Killer Goldfish' from Earthworm Jim.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Midjack posted:

Oh, I assumed that was some dumb resident evil spin-off from the title and I'm the last person in the US who has never had a Netflix subscription. Shows what I know.

nah, it's a superhero comic written by Gerard Way of MCR and turned into a TV show. Basically imagine if there were 7 simultaneous Robins and under the cowl Batman was a fusion of Colonel Sanders and Henry Kissinger.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

7 simultaneous Robins is a good way to describe the cast. They're all hypercompetent gently caress ups in their own ways.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Who called for a very well painted sexy Pennywise? I never realised that what scary clowns were missing was a fabulous rear end.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Phy posted:

If he had treads he'd be a fish tank

booooooooo!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Moola posted:

booooooooo!

Ok, I’m declaring this my segue into posting Boylei because that was what I thought of first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Bt9KXQcO0

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

a game for boys
and that more intelligent sort of girl that likes boy’s games

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

jarofpiss posted:

a game for boys

I keep saying, there's actually a line in that book moaning about how gunline armies are unfair.

Hams really never change.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

I keep saying, there's actually a line in that book moaning about how gunline armies are unfair.

Hams really never change.

i should read it at some point. it’s in pretty rough shape so i’ll probably have to read it on project gutenburg.

i bought it because as far as i can tell it’s like the code of hammurabi but for wargaming rules

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
That is super cool as an artifact, but I'd say the primordial clay of wargames is Kriegspiel.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
a step down from God Emperor, no?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm so so fuckin tired of Trump related 40K memes and models. They can just all gently caress off until the end of time.

jarofpiss posted:

a game for boys

Everyone talks about Little Wars but how come we never see anything about Floor Games?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

I believe 100% that if handed a gun and a flag he would hold them exactly as awkwardly as that.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

I'm so so fuckin tired of Trump related 40K memes and models. They can just all gently caress off until the end of time.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

AndyElusive posted:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Plot twist: its an AI generated 40k trump mini

titty_baby_ fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 4, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I started to suspect that it was AI made when I noticed the second base with nothing on it and the weird as gently caress pistol and of course the dumb-looking hands.

Which now that I think about it, is the only part the AI probably nailed.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AndyElusive posted:

I started to suspect that it was AI made when I noticed the second base with nothing on it and the weird as gently caress pistol and of course the dumb-looking hands.

What do you mean? That second base contains all millions of his supporters!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

It is slightly funny that it's ai generated, but ugh

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

grassy gnoll posted:

That is super cool as an artifact, but I'd say the primordial clay of wargames is Kriegspiel.

Kieron Gillen would agree with you

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

a game for boys

I get that it was 1900s but the insinuation that girls are not smart enough still stinks

https://twitter.com/MeU_317/status/1610623970830848001

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 4, 2023

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I get that it was 1900s but the insinuation that girls are not smart enough still stinks

https://twitter.com/MeU_317/status/1610623970830848001

holy poo poo lol

all 40k models shout have GI Joe missile shooting action imo

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

holy poo poo lol

all 40k models shout have GI Joe missile shooting action imo

Bring back Little Wars rules. You hit it with the spring loaded missile, you kill it.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Z the IVth posted:

Bring back Little Wars rules. You hit it with the spring loaded missile, you kill it.

Weapons and Warriors the miniatures game would be actually pretty rad. No dice, just dexterity shooting.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

that'd loving rule. I wanna see the wargames trickshot montage

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The terrain:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

The temptation to try and print a mini that can fit a pen spring for this is strong I gotta admit

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
In b4 a WAAC player replaces their spring with an airgun CO² cartridge and wins when their opponent fails their saving throw.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

AITA thread from guy banned for local game store for putting 5kg springs in his diecast mini and blowing his opponents guys to plastic shards

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'd think twice before putting a figure within engagement range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Would this make the hams community more or less insufferable?