Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Watching Tesla's stock plummet while Damar Hamlin's gofundme skyrocket today is making me feel a little better about humanity

In case you're not a sports fan:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/damar-hamlin-supporters-contribute-nearly-4-million-to-gofundme-campaign-he-started-in-2020/ar-AA15Vz0O

The goal was $2500. It is over $4million right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have never seen anyone need to log off as desperately as Elon Musk

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hello Sailor posted:

you think NFTs have a use case

lol dude i was obviously using AI generated text there

jesus how obvious did it need to be

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
funny to think that road conditions will be undeniably safer if tesla stock crashes entirely

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flyinglemur posted:

Watching Tesla's stock plummet while Damar Hamlin's gofundme skyrocket today is making me feel a little better about humanity

In case you're not a sports fan:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/damar-hamlin-supporters-contribute-nearly-4-million-to-gofundme-campaign-he-started-in-2020/ar-AA15Vz0O

The goal was $2500. It is over $4million right now

The dude got injured playing for the NFL why do fans need to cover his medical bills

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Kashuno posted:

I have never seen anyone need to log off as desperately as Elon Musk

I've also never seen someone as terminally online as Musk though these things may be the same claim

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tiny Timbs posted:

The dude got injured playing for the NFL why do fans need to cover his medical bills

The GoFundMe is for his charity for toys for kids

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s for his charity that gives toys to poor kids

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

quote:

Long before Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest during Monday night’s NFL game against the Cincinnati Bengals, he was behind a 2020 GoFundMe campaign to raise money for a holiday toy drive in his hometown of McKees Rocks, Pa. His goal? A modest $2,500.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The GoFundMe is for his charity for toys for kids

Oh ok that's a lot better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah that is for his charity that he set up a long time ago that only started getting money basically today

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

It was an old gofundme from 2020 where he was raising money for a toy drive. Not for himself.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Amazing foresight starting a Gofundme for your injury 2 years before it happens

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
click the link to donate to my eventual hdhp finance problems

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sorry when I see an American has a gofundme I'm conditioned to assume it's either for medical bills or Mexico wall grifting

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hobo Clown posted:

Amazing foresight starting a Gofundme for your injury 2 years before it happens

In the NFL? Might as well set up the CTE fund in grade school while you still have the mental faculties for it

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Back and :lol: it's still working...104

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Holy poo poo TSLA down 15%?!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tiny Timbs posted:

some quality loving reading skills here

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

davecrazy posted:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

:hitler:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

davecrazy posted:

o7

I'm doing my job!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lmao Tesla is down almost 75% over the past year

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HZF-JZzak

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Still blows my mind on the other side of these trades is someone 'buying the dip'.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I hate that the YTD chart isn't working for some reason.
That's my favorite one.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libra posted:

I hate that the YTD chart isn't working for some reason.
That's my favorite one.

today's the first day of the year so there's no data for it until today closes

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Surely a few more "Interesting" replies to aggressively unkind bigots will turn the stock price right around.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

you know I think it'd probably be for the best if the white supremacist dogwhistles weren't constantly posted everywhere in every thread

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Kashuno posted:

today's the first day of the year so there's no data for it until today closes

Oh. Duh.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

He's such a little bitch

https://mobile.twitter.com/anammostarac/status/1610129155940823042

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

davecrazy posted:

Still blows my mind on the other side of these trades is someone 'buying the dip'.

Yea I doubt it will ever go back.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Technically it doesn't meet the criteria of anything they said there. Keyword is "on the basis of"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In 5 years they'll be giving teslas out for free to homeless people to sleep in

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Here's the chart of the previous year from TDAmeritrade

I like the 3Mo one better..

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

precision posted:

In 5 years they'll be giving teslas out for free to homeless people to sleep in

nah they'll park them under the bridge and the fires will keep many people warm at night

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

tak posted:

you know I think it'd probably be for the best if the white supremacist dogwhistles weren't constantly posted everywhere in every thread

Yes, but it’s probably OK to post them in a thread specifically concerned with the failings of a white supremacist who personally benefitted from apartheid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

greazeball posted:

nah they'll park them under the bridge and the fires will keep many people warm at night

Lol

kru
Oct 5, 2003

greazeball posted:

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-04/south-korea-fines-tesla-for-exaggerating-driving-range-of-evs/101825198

quote:

South Korea's antitrust regulator says it will impose a 2.85 billion won ($3.28 million) fine on Tesla for failing to tell its customers about the shorter driving range of its electric vehicles (EVs) in low temperatures.

The Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) said that Tesla had exaggerated the "driving ranges of its cars on a single charge, their fuel cost-effectiveness compared to gasoline vehicles as well as the performance of its Superchargers" on its official local website since August 2019 until recently.

The driving range of the US EV manufacturer's cars plunge in cold weather by up to 50.5 per cent versus how they are advertised online, the KFTC said in a statement on Tuesday.

Tesla could not be immediately reached for comment.

More of a moral victory than anything, but :lol: Tesla is a loving punching bag