Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

mike deep-throating the rear end end of a giant gummy worm is a nuanced criticism of consumer culture

Milo and POTUS posted:

yeah it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like all the thread n00bs, please stick around, i love doing combo moves on you alongside seasoned thread vets

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There's new posters?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yeah. i didnt recognize that guy earlier.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That too, agreed

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i gotta worm, in my cock

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PostNouveau posted:

The time cop (Ethan Hawke) is the serial bomber. He is also Sarah Snook, who is her own mother and father.

Nope! Too stupid!

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

That DICK! posted:

i like all the thread n00bs, please stick around, i love doing combo moves on you alongside seasoned thread vets

ill have you know i've posted at least 1....2....THREE times in these threads before!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was thinking aboiut top 10 movies suicides, but ive been beaten to that topic several times

top 10 racisms on film

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

That DICK! posted:

i gotta worm, in my cock

Rich Evans wants my worm in his

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was thinking aboiut top 10 movies suicides, but ive been beaten to that topic several times

top 10 racisms on film

Rich evans was a space cop

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Sunk Dunk posted:

top 10 racisms on film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8US63NSCfnk

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

ill have you know i've posted at least 1....2....THREE times in these threads before!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Beastie posted:

Speaking of weird scifi based on books I watched Live.Die.Repeat and I can't help but think how much cooler the original title and the source material was:

All You Need is Kill.

Still was a good movie but it flounders in the final act.

"Live Die Repeat" is the good title. The one it actually shipped with was "Edge Of Tomorrow" which told you nothing about the movie unless you already watched it.

Edit: comedy option proposed by this forum: "Groundhog Die"

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 3, 2023

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sir Lemming posted:

"Live Die Repeat" is the good title. The one it actually shipped with was "Edge Of Tomorrow" which told you nothing about the movie unless you already watched it.

Oh yeah you are right! I confused the manga name for the rebranding they did when nobody knew what the heck it was.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/PimpMasterYoda1/status/1609834675685425153

https://twitter.com/JonsLongs/status/1609461346306850818

Driftingmouse fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 3, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
all superhero costumes look bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
any comics have their heroes do poo poo in a t shirt and jeans like a normal person, other than wolverine sometimes?

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
IIRC Jessica Jones just wears street clothes.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

any comics have their heroes do poo poo in a t shirt and jeans like a normal person, other than wolverine sometimes?

I like the first lovely costume in the Sam Raimi Spiderman. I would have liked if he wore it for a bit longer in the movie and didn't just suddenly have this super slick costume.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah it's funny how it was realized almost immediately that a regular fabric superhero costume would just look ridiculously cheap, then batman 89 went molded plastic, then x-men tried leather duds, then the mcu pretty much went CG tweaks or full costumes while the DCU went back to the molded rubber stuff.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hancock wore homeless clothes and look how cool he is

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Beastie posted:

Speaking of weird scifi based on books I watched Live.Die.Repeat and I can't help but think how much cooler the original title and the source material was:

All You Need is Kill.

Still was a good movie but it flounders in the final act.

It's a weaker outing of the Tom Cruise bring Tom Cruise movies (outside of that Emily Blunt push up), it doesn't deserve such a cool title.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The Hulk

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

colonelwest posted:

I mean their entire schtick from the very beginning has been one giant take down of pop-culture from a wry, detached, and very Mid Western perspective.

If you want to believe that they’re simpatico with Jenny, then go ahead? But I don’t see it at all, and I think it kind of insults the intelligence and effort behind their content.

Years ago there was a fork in the road where they could have gone full pop-culture manchildren. But unlike that group now they clearly are able to separate how they feel about these things as kids vs. now. The fact they use their platform to try and get people to actually watch interesting/good indie movies puts them ahead of the pack on that, and their resistance to reviewing every tentpole film.

In short I am an erudite scholar of film, but all their other fans are manchildren. In this essay I will...

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
RLM is the best friends hangout together youtube channel. Therefore it has nothing in common with Jenny.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

she hulk

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Randarkman posted:

I like the first lovely costume in the Sam Raimi Spiderman. I would have liked if he wore it for a bit longer in the movie and didn't just suddenly have this super slick costume.

it's my favorite unlockable costume in Spider-Man for the ps2

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

top 10 racisms on film

3 of them are that s1 tng ep

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The raimi spider suit (all three) are the best that superhero costumes have ever looked on film.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Beastie posted:

Oh yeah you are right! I confused the manga name for the rebranding they did when nobody knew what the heck it was.

Goddangit the manga adaptation came out around the same time as the movie the movie was based on a normal book not a comic you motherfrickers! :milk:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

SilvergunSuperman posted:

3 of them are that s1 tng ep

I really want Mike and Rich to talk about all of the terrible TNG season 1 episodes especially the racist one.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

colonelwest posted:

I really want Mike and Rich to talk about all of the terrible TNG season 1 episodes especially the racist one.

Didn't they do that?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

stillvisions posted:

like a cooking show meant for someone who never cooks.

This is a good premise but have the results seem good

Like suggest replacing flour with coffee grinds for a chocolate cake and the cake is still good and delicious

Like those life hacks videos but as a Julia Childs production

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Arc Hammer posted:

The raimi spider suit (all three) are the best that superhero costumes have ever looked on film.

:lmao:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's lowkey but this might be my favorite tape destruction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebb8baFaQ-s&t=3385s

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Gutcruncher posted:

Goddangit the manga adaptation came out around the same time as the movie the movie was based on a normal book not a comic you motherfrickers! :milk:

I was working in a bookstore when it released so I only became aware of it from the manga crowd coming in to buy it. Manga readers looooooooved to talk your ear off about their purchases even if you were making polite conversation at the register.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Beastie posted:

I was working in a bookstore when it released so I only became aware of it from the manga crowd coming in to buy it. Manga readers looooooooved to talk your ear off about their purchases even if you were making polite conversation at the register.

yeah manga fans are nice

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

all superhero costumes look bad

I've said it before, but I do think the MCU did an admirable job of making the costumes look not-laughable on screen, but still recognizable. As evidenced by other attempts (see above, or the Whedon cut of Justice League), it isn't as easy as it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

colonelwest posted:

I really like that the author of that script literally remade it 20 years later with a Stargate episode featuring Mongol style "barbarians".