Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Poque posted:

I think Mayim starts FILMING soon, but her episodes won't air for 6+ weeks if that's the case.

Fantastic news I thought she started tonight! Once she starts she's there for the season right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I wish it was Ken and Steve Harvey alternating roles. Make the second person someone actually funny.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
one of the absolute best quizzers in the world, full stop will be on next wednesday 1/11. interested to see if Ray hangs on until then

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Human Cow posted:

Maybe! I'm the dork behind the blue podium.

you definitely know your footwear

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Halfway through the episode and I’m feeling sick to my stomach. Please Sam, let’s goooooooooo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Human Cow posted:

Maybe! I'm the dork behind the blue podium.

Have you gone to Mexico yet?!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm rooting for Denise; she seems nice.

Congrats, Human Cow!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm rooting for Denise; she seems nice.

Congrats, Human Cow!

God drat it WHY did I click this? (It’s not your fault, lol)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Congrats!! You crushed that!!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

oh thank god I was wrong. I thought I got “snape killed Dumbledore”’d

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

IG-88 posted:

It's why I just swear off the forums if I'm behind and there's a mega-super-ultra champ going. You see way more posts than usual and that can spoil it without even clicking.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IG-88 posted:

Are you talking about Jeopardy or Wheel?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

absolutely dying of laughter thinking that congrats, human cow was supposed to be directed at a random jeopardy contestant

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Spokes posted:

absolutely dying of laughter thinking that congrats, human cow was supposed to be directed at a random jeopardy contestant

oh gently caress me, i just realized human cow was on WoF. i swear it wasn't on purpose. i did look at the time and wondererd what loving timezone it was that at 7:47 OP knew who won lol

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 3, 2023

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

one of the absolute best quizzers in the world, full stop will be on next wednesday 1/11. interested to see if Ray hangs on until then

Who is it?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

HookShot posted:

Who is it?

it's me! (no, not really, but stay tuned for exciting spokes-centric game show news in the next few weeks)

it's yogesh raut

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

it's me! (no, not really, but stay tuned for exciting spokes-centric game show news in the next few weeks)

it's yogesh raut

Oh, interesting. He crushed me a few days ago in a friendly playtest lol.

And cool, good luck with whatever you've got going on!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Spokes posted:

:lmao:

I didn't even make the connection until just now. I was half paying attention and thought I had spoiled something last night.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Thanks, y'all! I'm happy to have caused some confusion in the Jeopardy thread.

Iron Crowned posted:

you definitely know your footwear

That's me, infamous shoe enthusiast!

Poque posted:

Have you gone to Mexico yet?!

I have not - I have a year from last night to book my trip. Basically, I pick three dates, and they tell me which one I'm taking. Unless I pick Christmas or something like that, you almost always get the first one, from what I've read.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've always wondered how prize trips work

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That's super cool, congrats!!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

(Not about human cows or a spoiler about who won tonight)

$5 Daily Double wager...I respect that. Modern Jeopardy seems to push contestants to bet it all

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So what's Lloyd's username?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

dovetaile posted:

So what's Lloyd's username?
Every Tumblr username simultaneously

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Really happy with Ray's run, dude is awesome!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

figure i'll sneak this in before the thread (hopefully) spikes with interest following some (hopefully) amazing games over the next week or two, i'll be on the chase next week 1/19 :) they don't do a host shot like j! so here's the closest thing i have, my "look intimidating" picture. they nixed most of my outfit options (the worst part of game shows !!!) so i am wearing the suit from my wedding (heavily let out) and a tie/square from wardrobe

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Best of luck Spokes!

And remember - the only way to win is to outrun your competition, and never look back!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Looking good bud, hope you crushed it, can't wait to watch!!!

More goons on game shows 2023

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I'm gonna be so mad when you don't take the high offer.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Taking the high offer is mad dumb for almost everyone. Imo it exists mostly to persuade you to take the middle offer instead of playing it safe. Can't win if you get eliminated upfront!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Looking good Spokes. Best of luck to you.

I'm sure ITV has you under a slew of NDAs so the juicy bits can wait after broadcast.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Spokes posted:

figure i'll sneak this in before the thread (hopefully) spikes with interest following some (hopefully) amazing games over the next week or two, i'll be on the chase next week 1/19 :) they don't do a host shot like j! so here's the closest thing i have, my "look intimidating" picture. they nixed most of my outfit options (the worst part of game shows !!!) so i am wearing the suit from my wedding (heavily let out) and a tie/square from wardrobe

Was gonna say your fly is open before i realized it was a reflection.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Retro good luck Spokes!!

This now means I'm 3/3 for knowing people on The Chase in the first three weeks of this season from the internet.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

https://deadline.com/2023/01/jeopardy-masters-elite-quiz-iteration-ordered-at-abc-1235217706/

quote:

It will feature the six highest-ranked, current Jeopardy! contestants, who will face off in a Champions League-style event to win the title of Jeopardy! Masters champion.

Matt Amodio, Sam Buttrey, Andrew He, James Holzhauer, Mattea Roach and Amy Schneider will compete in the first series.

i'm in for this--interesting to see James on this list, though

HookShot posted:

Retro good luck Spokes!!

This now means I'm 3/3 for knowing people on The Chase in the first three weeks of this season from the internet.

thanks! i anticipate i will not be the last familiar face :)

Spokes fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 11, 2023

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wish they were a little nicer on The Chase

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I was really underwhelmed by the last time we got to see Matt, Mattea, and Amy playing together, so this feels like a pretty weird gamble

What I really keep wanting to see is a rematch between James Holzhauer and the unlucky bastard who managed to lose with a $53,999 score

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Vulture Culture posted:

I was really underwhelmed by the last time we got to see Matt, Mattea, and Amy playing together, so this feels like a pretty weird gamble

To be fair, that was an exhibition match and they treated it as such. It should be better when there's actually something at stake.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It also got us Ken accidentally giving away a clue and swearing so it's easily top 3

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vulture Culture posted:

What I really keep wanting to see is a rematch between James Holzhauer and the unlucky bastard who managed to lose with a $53,999 score

I'd just as soon not see Holzhauer on my television again. Smug prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Honestly the GOAT tournament felt like a conclusion to the Trebek era of contestants so I'd just as soon not see them again but that's just me.