Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd argue you'd keep Diggs on over any of the Bengals receivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At this point I want them to make an announcement so I can stop reading lovely jokes about playing darts and measuring dicks and even dumber ideas about adding entire weeks to the season.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

I'd argue you'd keep Diggs on over any of the Bengals receivers.
3 WR sets with Diggs, Chase, and Higgins - who says no?

BlindSite posted:

At this point I want them to make an announcement so I can stop reading lovely jokes about playing darts and measuring dicks and even dumber ideas about adding entire weeks to the season.
:same:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I like the idea of 22 on 11. Just rush 14 every play while running standard coverages.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here's a solution I haven't seen yet:

Play this weekends games. NFC continues as normal the weekend after. Bills Bengals is played on NFC wild card weekend. Then AFC start the next week.

True the AFC doesn't get a bye before the super bowl but this is less disruptive than other suggestions. Also, the NFL then gets the big game on Sunday 3 weeks in a row. As for the pro bowl, they can still have it. No one pays attention to it, anyway.

It's not perfect but it would work.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
One team getting a bye before the Super Bowl while the other doesn't will never, ever, loving happen.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
One team gets a bye going into the super bowl But they also have to down eight shots of everclear immediately before kickoff.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
The only solution that makes any sense at all is voiding the game and seeding based on win percentage. Everything else is way, way too complicated and/or disadvantageous to one side or another. Rescheduling anything just seems absolutely nuts with the amount of money and infrastructure around the NFL schedule.

YMB fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 4, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

YMB posted:

The only solution that makes any sense at all is voiding the game and seeding based on win percentage. Everything else is way, way too complicated and/or disadvantageous to one side or another.

But then you hand the Chiefs the 1 seed even though the Bengals and Bills have tie breakers over them. It also gives the Bengals the division title. I dunno if it does other things, but the game pretty much needs a result or teams that weren't even there are effected.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

But then you hand the Chiefs the 1 seed even though the Bengals and Bills have tie breakers over them. It also gives the Bengals the division title. I dunno if it does other things, but the game pretty much needs a result or teams that weren't even there are effected.

Teams get affected by results from other teams' games all the time, though. It's functionally the same thing as if the Bills and Bengals tied, which is a totally normal outcome.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Waltzing Along posted:

“The game never happened,” is a result. Every season has a bunch of luck, good or bad, that decides how it goes for every team, this is no different. Any decision they make will affect some teams positively and some negatively. There is no neutral outcome but a no-contest is the closest thing to one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hear me out: Have two Super Bowls!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

BlindSite posted:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Hear me out: Have two Super Bowls!

What if we have a third super bowl between the two super bowl winners

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sunday Morning posted:

What if we have a third super bowl between the two super bowl winners

Super Bowl winner vs. World Cup winner. For all the marbles.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

your super bowl champion houston astros

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Waltzing Along posted:

Super Bowl winner vs. World Cup winner. For all the marbles.

Winner gets a spot in the Stanley Cup finals.

Nov 6, 2002

Have every team play in a Super Bowl.

16 Super Bowls.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
NFL super bowl series. Sounds weird points thing where ..aw gently caress it. NASCAR is stupider than poo poo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kidcoelacanth posted:

your super bowl champion houston astros

Somebody hide the trash cans.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Have every team play in a Super Bowl.

16 Super Bowls.

We can call them a bunch of different things too!

The Great Bowl
The Marvelous Bowl
The Sensational Bowl
The Superb Bowl
The Terrific Bowl
The Cool Bowl
The Keen Bowl
The Glorious Bowl
The Groovy Bowl
The Hot Bowl
The Neat Bowl
The Peerless Bowl
The Wonderful Bowl
The Topnotch Bowl
The Divine Bowl

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Nervous posted:

I like the idea of 22 on 11. Just rush 14 every play while running standard coverages.

Josh Allen gonna qualify for Olympic hurdles during the game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Super Bowl will be decided in a best of seven series, the first four games will be normal, game five will be no disqualifications, game six will be falls count anywhere, game seven will be Escalera De La Muerte.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BlindSite posted:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

latinotwink1997 posted:

Josh Allen gonna qualify for Olympic hurdles during the game.

There we go. We solve this by each team choosing a player to compete in a decathlon tomorrow.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

YMB posted:

Rescheduling anything just seems absolutely nuts with the amount of money and infrastructure around the NFL schedule.

Not really, the only thing really set in stone is the date and time of the Super Bowl. They move or reschedule games pretty frequently for all sorts of reasons. The TV partners may be upset a little, or they may be grateful for another weekend of NFL games before they switch over to college basketball and professional bowling.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Simplex posted:

Not really, the only thing really set in stone is the date and time of the Super Bowl. They move or reschedule games pretty frequently for all sorts of reasons. The TV partners may be upset a little, or they may be grateful for another weekend of NFL games before they switch over to college basketball and professional bowling.

They reschedule individual games but moving the entire playoffs has only happened once (outside of strike years) and that was on 9-11 when they postponed an entire week of games and needed to play them. And they had months to plan it. This is one game affecting two teams, and the playoffs start in two weeks. They aren’t going to gently caress up the entire playoff schedule for that.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They reschedule individual games but moving the entire playoffs has only happened once (outside of strike years) and that was on 9-11 when they postponed an entire week of games and needed to play them. And they had months to plan it. This is one game affecting two teams, and the playoffs start in two weeks. They aren’t going to gently caress up the entire playoff schedule for that.

As it stands right now, and pretty much every season at this time, over the next month there are 12 NFL games scheduled and we don't know who is playing, where they are playing or when They are playing. I don't see how delaying the start adds any extra layer of complexity to the playoffs as it already exists.

I doubt the NFL goes in that direction, but I think it's much less of a problem than people are making it out to be.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Simplex posted:

As it stands right now, and pretty much every season at this time, over the next month there are 12 NFL games scheduled and we don't know who is playing, where they are playing or when They are playing. I don't see how delaying the start adds any extra layer of complexity to the playoffs as it already exists.

I doubt the NFL goes in that direction, but I think it's much less of a problem than people are making it out to be.

We know when the playoffs happen and broadcast partners have grants to air certain games and have created their programming for those weekends based on the assumption that they would be airing playoff football and not reruns of ER or whatever. They could all adjust but I’m very sure the NFL doesn’t want to ask them to just as I’m sure they don’t want to.

It doesn’t matter how much big or small a problem it is if the people in charge have no interest in changing things.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
The league probably knows what it will do but is letting it simmer another day to be respectful, much like they delayed the HOF finalists announcement today.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Everyone is asking about the status of the Week 17 game, but I'm wondering if the Bills even want to play their Week 18 game. I certainly wouldn't blame them if all of 6 days wasn't enough time to process their trauma and grief and they didn't feel like playing.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

The Super Bowl will be decided in a best of seven series, the first four games will be normal, game five will be no disqualifications, game six will be falls count anywhere, game seven will be Escalera De La Muerte.

The 49ers have to get in, then. Kittle's friends with Penta El Zero Miedo, so he can get lots of helpful strategies. Mostly involving spamming your taunt at the other team, but still.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man those brengals were looking pretty good. i hope they still can do that but no one ever gets hurt again. just my opinion

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MJeff posted:

It will be a best-of-seven that ends in a tie, in true :wcw: fashion. Tennessee will not regain use of the letter T from Stevie Ray.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
E: Wrong thread for this I think

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 4, 2023

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

MJeff posted:

I also enjoyed Rollerball (1975)

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

TDepressionEarl posted:

I also enjoyed Rollerball (1975)

… and NO TIME LIMIT

Nov 6, 2002

Simplex posted:

Thank you forums poster Simplex for explaining how easy it is to move the entire NFL playoffs and Super Bowl.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1610638174744903681

MJeff posted:

does one side include players recently suspended because of another rear end in a top hat's actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Thank you forums poster Simplex for explaining how easy it is to move the entire NFL playoffs and Super Bowl.

Yeah, except I already said the Super Bowl is the only thing they can't change the date and time.