Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's on the Wikipedia list, I'm surprised I don't have any recollection of something that stupid, but I guess that's reality now

Before he showed his entire arse he was just the rich guy who cared about climate change and did rocket stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Is it true that right before the "I'll buy you a horse for sexual favors" story came out, Musk tweeted that he's coming out as Republican and to be ready for personal attacks against him?

He tweeted it on a Wednesday and the horse story came out on Thursday 🤣

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Is it true that right before the "I'll buy you a horse for sexual favors" story came out, Musk tweeted that he's coming out as Republican and to be ready for personal attacks against him?

Yes, it was literally the day before the sex-pest story broke so that he could claim that the left was trying to cancel him for coming out as Republican

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I know the media would rather eat glass than criticize the wealthy, but it's still shocking to me that Musk was venerated by the mainstream until loving October 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gay picnic defence posted:

Before he showed his entire arse he was just the rich guy who cared about climate change and did rocket stuff.

I remember thinking that everyone would finally acknowledge him as an obvious dipshit way back in pedo guy times, but that obviously never happened, and it seems like forever ago at this point

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Cowards. They should be required to display a proper http error response code.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

That cannot possibly be legal.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Crazy Ted posted:

That cannot possibly be legal.

threads already been over it; certain size trucks are not legally required to have airbags, and the cybertruck counts as a truck of that category

if he took out the airbags on one of the cars tho, yeah thatd be crazy illegal in the u.s.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/pneumanousz/status/1610379608594972672?s=46&t=mWd0KDFGG303kxdaKc7V1Q
Touchscreens are such a terrible, terrible idea for car controls beyond maybe radio or a big navigation screen.
Touchscreens are just terrible for cars, period. They require you to take your attention entirely off the road in order to use them. At least with something run by buttons you can memorize where the buttons are and what they do and kind of half-rear end it while you're driving. Not so with a touchscreen.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
My twitter just randomly logged me out and now anytime I click login I just get a pop up that says "Oops! Something went wrong!"
Yes I'm in Australia

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Nooner posted:

wait so your telling me the only time that a tesla didnt kill a bunch of people is when someone was trying to do it on purpose? lol

lol

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ellie the beep posted:

threads already been over it; certain size trucks are not legally required to have airbags, and the cybertruck counts as a truck of that category

if he took out the airbags on one of the cars tho, yeah thatd be crazy illegal in the u.s.

But like, why?

Is this just Musk not liking the way something looks or whatever again? Being cheap?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Paracausal posted:

My twitter just randomly logged me out and now anytime I click login I just get a pop up that says "Oops! Something went wrong!"
Yes I'm in Australia

Active account retention practices

Not letting you delete the account

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ReidRansom posted:

But like, why?

Is this just Musk not liking the way something looks or whatever again? Being cheap?

gotta be different

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Gotta be disruptive!*

*flailed ribs are disruptive to a normal breathing rate

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbf, musk does think it looks better.

its like how he hates the color yellow for some reason.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Inbedded tweets started failing for me earlier today. Now they are totally dead, as is the website.

Prediction: Musk does a cost benefit analysis and decides Twitter will no longer be supported in Australia.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Comstar posted:

Prediction: Musk does a cost benefit analysis and decides Twitter will no longer be supported in Australia.

Inshallah

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
has Musk ever been to AU or NZ?

if he's never been there why should he care?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Elon Musk announces that Twitter will remain available in Australia but all posts from there will be displayed upside down.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol remember how musk was with amber heard?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I vaguely recall silly footage in an elevator

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Tesla stocks go down the drain backwards in Australia

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jestery posted:

Lol remember how musk was with amber heard?

No! Regale us with it.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Cyber truck is not a real product, so it’s a waste of time to debate the imaginary features.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

An aussie billionaire publicly bet Musk on Twitter that he couldn't build a 100MW battery station in South Australia in 100 days. So we got a battery at least.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

A few times, one of the actual good things he did a few years was taking up the challenge to get the first big battery built here quickly to give grid stability.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I'm driving in the cybertruck right now, you steer by using the touch screen to tweet about how much you love elon musk

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

PhazonLink posted:

all his friends bought doomsday compounds in new zealand a few years ago. he'll probably have to couch surf there sometime when he runs out of other places to not pay rent.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Musko's just hoha about us cos the boks are poo poo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Elon Musk announces that Twitter will remain available in Australia but all posts from there will be displayed upside down.
He announced some poo poo somewhere in South Australia once, yeah

Oh wrong quote... was answering if he'd been in Oz.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

HampHamp posted:

I actually made some of the halo systems (they were an absolute ballache but that's another story), and yeah even people in my own company, including one of the directors, were dismissive of it as it was 'pussifying' the sport. Absolute clowns.

This is too cool to get lost in this poo poo posting thread, can you make a thread about your experience in F1?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

snoremac posted:

He announced some poo poo somewhere in South Australia once, yeah

Oh wrong quote... was answering if he'd been in Oz.

The Big Battery's actually been quite beneficial, so I assume he had very little to do with it.

It didn't actually benefit in the way he initially advertised it as being. Initially he was talking like it was full-on grid level storage that could keep you going for hours, and it has nowhere near the capacity for that (which was obvious from anyone looking at the specs). But it's been incredibly useful as a grid shock absorber and to give grace period for secondary generator spin-up and allow us to move away from needing as many expensive ultra-rapid-response on-demand generators and it means less overcapacity needed.

Apparently it resulted in a noticeable reduction in maintenance on components across the whole power line grid just because power became so much smoother due to the battery's ultra-high-speed response times and there was less wear on everything.

Anyway, it ended up proving the concept pretty well and this kinda stuff's rolling out all over the place now, replacing other methods of ancillary generation services.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 4, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mantle posted:

This is too cool to get lost in this poo poo posting thread, can you make a thread about your experience in F1?

Seconding, I used to be a huge F1 fan before I kind of drifted away. Just before the halos came in, but extremely glad they did. Seeing a few fatal racing crashes on televised races were pretty terrible things.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Thirding

I'm not a fan of F1 but I find engineering, especially as it relates to rules lawyering in sports endlessly interesting

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

waffle iron posted:

In the first couple paragraphs it says they're looking for comments on Rev. Proc. 2022-42. It doesn't spell it out, but that document is found at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-22-42.pdf . It's the IRS policy that will implement the new EV tax credit sections of law.

I was confused because at the bottom, they say this:

quote:

Request for Comments:

Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for OMB approval. All comments will become a matter of public record. Comments are invited on: (a) whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information shall have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology; and (e) estimates of capital or start-up costs and costs of operation, maintenance, and purchase of services to provide information.

Which just sounds like they're asking for approval to collect comments or something? Like it doesn't sound like they'd care if a bunch of musk fans complain about his death trap cars not being included in whatever tax credit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IshmaelZarkov posted:

An aussie billionaire publicly bet Musk on Twitter that he couldn't build a 100MW battery station in South Australia in 100 days. So we got a battery at least.

Yeah Elon's a bellend, but this ended up being a legitimate win for SA.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

All his kin went to Perth in the mid 90s for some reason or other.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

out of all his reply guys matt wallace stands as one of the top 3 weirdest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Paracausal posted:

Yes I'm in Australia

Yeah nah she's rooted mate