Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Posted a thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020937

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1609754970102042624

Kenoh vs Fujita Jr Hayato coming soon :pray:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HELL YEAH

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watching All Japan from earlier today, and saw there was some kind of announcement involving the non-Voodoo Murders rosters. No idea what was said, but I noticed that while Kento Miyahara was on the right hand of the distinguished looking gentleman, Hokuto Omori was on the left hand rather than Junior champ Atsuki.

I'm definitely reading too much into it, but I want the best for Omori after his Battle of Glory run

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT show starting in roughly half an hour. Have a short meeting that'll make me miss the beginning of the card, hopefully it'll be just ling enough to skip Pheromones but not any of Pokotan

quote:

1. Makoto Oishi & Shiori Asahi Vs Hideki Okatani & Toi Kojima
2. Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno Vs Akito & Antonio Honda
3. New Year Special 8-Man Tag Match: Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Yuji Hino & Yukio Naya Vs Shinshun Pokotan, Yukio Sakaguchi, Saki Akai & Kazuma Sumi
4. Alice Tour Presents Special 10-Man Tag Match: Kazusada Higuchi, HARASHIMA, RSP, Soma Takao & Yuki Ishida Vs Tetsuya Endo, Jun Akiyama, Kotaro Suzuki, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku
5. Alice Tour Presents Special Tag Match: Yuki Ueno & Cara Noir Vs MJ Paul & KANON
6. Special Single Match: Konosuke Takeshita Vs Takeshi Masada
7. DDT Universal Title Next Challenger Decision Battle: Naruki Doi Vs Daisuke Sasaki
8. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi Vs MAO & Shunma Katsumata

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
They are really pushing Masada

hell yeah love just the idea of the Honda/Akiyama match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
all hands role call

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Please tell me I didn't miss Soup vs Son of Soup

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Nope, they've only gotten through the first four matches.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

FUMINORI ABE IN DDT

It must be my birthday!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Nope, they've only gotten through the first four matches.

Brilliant, thanks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Masada's music really doesn't fit for a guy that looks like he discos dances everywhere

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Take is giving this kid tons

e: yo that fuckin ruled

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 3, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford are making appearances in February, Samuray Del Sol is going to be at Judgement in March

e: Oh and also he's already here, cool

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's the former Kalisto right?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

That's the former Kalisto right?

Yep

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I wish a Damnation T.A. vs. House of Torture match were possible just to see the teams spend the entire contest one-upping each other with increasingly creative cheating

e: That was great, felt a tiny bit stretched out to make it to the time limit but a terrific contest otherwise

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 3, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Finally main event time

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
so many belts they may as well be FTR

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I laugh every time Shunma tries the Seisei Dodo bit with Chris because he really should know better yet falls for it every time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Love these two teams so much

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Whoa that reversal of the combination Superman pin was awesome

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SAUNA BOYS

loved that, DDT's high energry main event tags very rarely miss with me

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Brookes got his own back, even if CDK didn't make it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Continuing the lore that Chris and MAO are friends but noone likes Shunma

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford are making appearances in February, Samuray Del Sol is going to be at Judgement in March

e: Oh and also he's already here, cool

He's very likely also here to support Sasha/Mercedes tomorrow.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Take seething that every other member of his stable hold titles at the moment

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Take seething that every other member of his stable hold titles at the moment

Luckily he'll hold the all atlantic soon

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1610219743419723777?s=20&t=Xc6oMfao_jiKvqzCgNDr2w

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1610219965600391169?s=20&t=Xc6oMfao_jiKvqzCgNDr2w

Pokotan owns lmao

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The third act might've been the best part, that being everyone turning on Pokotan after they discovered all the envelopes only contained one coin each.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Was this posted anywhere already? Kim Justice did a good video on Misawa yonks ago (but it was taken down I think) and here is one about Kobashi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWx1_oJlgg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Finally got around to watching All Japan's first show of the year. Opening Tag was a lot of fun, and Suzuki & Doi vs Omori & Ishikawa was likewise good. Very into Suzuki adopting Hokuto Omori.

Dan Tamura vs Naruki Doi at 2AW Square, the home of pro wrestling! (Also HAYATO, Kento and Kotaro Suzuki vs Aoyagis & N.Nomura should rule). And slightly further off, 31st December at Yoyogi 2 should be a big show. Even if it means no Yuma on the Shuffle Tag show this year

And here's TARU Axe kicking Yuma on the balls to ruin the pleasant vibe of the show

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 4, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Overall night 1 was a breeze to watch but there was not much to write home about from an in-ring perspective.

3 matches in & I'd say that the undercard of Night 2 is better. Really good opener showcasing the promising future of the Junior division & a great, short & violent match with N.Nomura & Honda. Hard to imagine there will be many better sub 8 minute matches.

And Ren Ayabe will be back in All Japan on the 22nd which makes me happy. Also Onita in February? OK

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TENSION IN VOODOO MURDERS! TARU went to throw powder at the ref but missed and got Suwama, who preceded to beat up a Saito bro. Okay for the end of this interminable stable. (Though this was alright to be fair)

Talking about interminable, do not watch the All Asia Tag Team Match. NOSAWA & Kendo Kashin going 15 minutes with Takao Omori & Masao Inoue. It's loving awful. I've seen NOSAWA do decent enough wrestling but Kashin I wish would go back to the WWE Performance Centre. Or retire. Or wrestle somewhere I don't watch, be it AEW or Heat-Up or PPP or Progress, I don't care, just to somewhere I don't have to see his extremely boring brawls and unfunny comedy.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 4, 2023

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

forkboy84 posted:

Talking about interminable, do not watch the All Asia Tag Team Match. NOSAWA & Kendo Kashin going 15 minutes with Takao Omori & Masao Inoue. It's loving awful. I've seen NOSAWA do decent enough wrestling but Kashin I wish would go back to the WWE Performance Centre. Or retire. Or wrestle somewhere I don't watch, be it AEW or Heat-Up or PPP or Progress, I don't care, just to somewhere I don't have to see his extremely boring brawls and unfunny comedy.
That match would have been interminable 20 years ago, so I am assuming war crimes levels of bad in TYOOL 2023.

edit: I must know how much sexiness Hase has managed to retain. Surely at least some sexiness.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 4, 2023

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Kendo Kashin really lucked out by injuring a Gracie in a MMA match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ditch posted:

That match would have been interminable 20 years ago, so I am assuming war crimes levels of bad in TYOOL 2023.

edit: I must know how much sexiness Hase has managed to retain. Surely at least some sexiness.

He really doesn't look to have aged much. He's only 12 years younger than Fujiwara but you can tell he did not live quite the same life as Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Took care of himself.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Inamura vs Jake Lee at Noah's show this Sunday.

https://www.noah.co.jp/schedule/428/

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kyushu Pro made it to Tokyo for a show in Shinjuku yesterday, which was streamed on Youtube, and a UWF Rules Match has gotten quite a lot of buzz for a Kyushu Pro match, Hikaru Sato vs Hitamaru Sasaki. It starts at about 45 minutes in on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gGrxcyv6k

But I wanted to post specifically about the opener, Kazuki Hashimoto of BJW vs a guy I assume is a KPW rookie. It's nothing overly Spectacular but Hashimoto is so much fun just beating up a rookie with stiff kicks & with headlocks that are anything but rest holds. He has real mean old guy energy at just 32.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Five days into the year and already making a backlog. I love wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Five days into the year and already making a backlog. I love wrestling

So far I have DDT, Stardom & TJPW shows to catch up on already. Plus there's the 01 & BJW shows that haven't aired yet. And Blood Xmas airs tomorrow so that's essential viewing for me. And tomorrow has DDT, NJPW & GanPro & am hype for Maeguchi challenging Watase.

Start of the year is always ridiculous, I never manage to find time for the NYE Tag shuffle & it's always a bummer