Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cabbit posted:

She's a giant lalafell with a custom catgirl head and a tail, so probably not going to be a character option. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

Well I now know what Emet-Selch was picturing when he decided not to make you full ancient size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/rose_kg0/status/1608245073304768512?t=k2IGcOq5cDm_EMr8ckIEfg&s=19

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Argh! I’m so close to completing the Endwalker MSQ (just got my level 90 Job gear), but I’m moving house tomorrow and will be without internet for a while.

I’m so close and so invested but there’s not enough time! This must be how, I dunno let’s say, Fourchenault felt.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That's honestly about the best spot to be interrupted towards the end, so you lucked out! I hope your move and eventually internet install goes smoothly, though, because it's still fairly rough to stop so close to the end.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I have a serious problem.

I finished the Stormblood MSQ, so I'm faffing about and doing Firmament stuff, beast tribes, and just general tomfoolery before diving into the patch quests. I noticed, by the Shiokaze Hostelry, a quest. A quest involving Nashu. Hildibrand, agent of enquiry has returned... and I am completely out of silly outfits.

Granted, it's not like I can top what I was wearing for the Coliseum segment: Light Steel Galerus and Subligar, Dark Divinity hands and feet, and a Demon Hat of Casting.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Why is it rough to stop exactly? Like mechanically or emotionally or what?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Emotionally. Mechanically there's no impediment to stopping or spending a week in the golden saucer.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kharmakazy posted:

Why is it rough to stop exactly? Like mechanically or emotionally or what?

Emotionally. In EW you actually get your level 90 artifact set at level 89, as part of the build-up to the conclusion of the expansion. So, you're primed to get things going, but you're still a whole level and a half of MSQ quests away from the end, and who knows what's going to happen during them.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Fair enough! I'm still early 30s on my primary so quite a ways to go. Might be going faster if we hadn't been leveling up all the crafting instead, but the heart wants what it wants, and in this case it wanted to complete all the botany/mining quests and get those sweet rear end blue tools.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone running around in ff6 magitek armor, gotta get me some of that..

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 4, 2023

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dareon posted:

I have a serious problem.

I finished the Stormblood MSQ, so I'm faffing about and doing Firmament stuff, beast tribes, and just general tomfoolery before diving into the patch quests. I noticed, by the Shiokaze Hostelry, a quest. A quest involving Nashu. Hildibrand, agent of enquiry has returned... and I am completely out of silly outfits.

Granted, it's not like I can top what I was wearing for the Coliseum segment: Light Steel Galerus and Subligar, Dark Divinity hands and feet, and a Demon Hat of Casting.

You don't want to go too deep into silly clothes, you're better off playing the straight man in a suit or something. Silly clothes are for doing roulettes.

That said, give your character the big eyebrow facepaint to give your character's reactions more power.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 4, 2023

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw someone running around in ff6 magitek armor, gotta get me some of that..

pretty sure the comes from the ARR MSQ, so good news/bad news?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hazardousmouse posted:

pretty sure the comes from the ARR MSQ, so good news/bad news?

I am unable to parse any good or bad news from that information.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

I am unable to parse any good or bad news from that information.

"just keep playing, you'll get there"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

hexwren posted:

"just keep playing, you'll get there"
and you only have to be level 50!

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Good news, you'll get that sweet mount if you keep doing the MSQ!

Bad news, you'll have to keep doing the MSQ to get that sweet mount!

I also understand the lure of the crafting and gathering, yes yes. It can be very, very satisfying.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Fair enough! I just assumed I had to do the main quest regardless if I ever wanted to leave through all these drat gates or see the newer content or whatever.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You do, indeed, have to keep doing the main quest for those reasons too! But it also gives you good cosmetics.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Oh, I can add something to the Hildibrand fashion discourse! I just did the Kugane ones and found, by total accident, that apple green dye makes a fantastic contrast to Nashu's tasteful pink ensemble. Made the scenes POP!

Er, well, it looks better in the daylight... As a side note, I have the worst luck when I log in. It'll almost always be nighttime in Eorzea, like right after sunset. Why do you do this to me, game?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Crackerjack posted:

Er, well, it looks better in the daylight... As a side note, I have the worst luck when I log in. It'll almost always be nighttime in Eorzea, like right after sunset. Why do you do this to me, game?

One Eorzea day is 70 real life minutes, so if you log in at the same time every day, you should hit daytime eventually :v:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Onean posted:

Speaking of Tataru's Grand Endeavor (from the official FFXIV Blog, where they interviewed the lead item designer):
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1607655839082643456?t=W15e92YXodPkeA_AHl4iFQ&s=19

We finally got an official translation for this, if anyone was interested. A couple notable quotes:

quote:

Miyamiya: [...] In the Live Q&A segment during the 8th 14-hour Broadcast, players asked for the Fat Chocobo Head to be made dyeable and a full-body costume based on kappa ("Water Imp" in the English version).

Could you share your thoughts on those requests, or maybe even how they're coming along?

Hayashi: First, regarding the Fat Chocobo Head, we should be able to make it dyeable in the near future.

[...]

As for the kappa costume, our entire team was already chatting about it excitedly on the day after the 14-Hour Broadcast. (laughs)

We can't work on it immediately since there's already other equipment that needs to be developed, but we're very eager about the kappa costume so perhaps it won't be too long before we can showcase it. I'm sure our players have high expectations for it, so we'll be meticulous in making sure it'll turn out great.

quote:

Miyamiya: [...] Last but not least, do you have any words for our players?

Hayashi: [...] I'd also like to mention our QA testers, who are an essential part of the FFXIV team as well. Especially when it comes to new features like bard's Performance mode and fashion accessories, we start off with an unbelievable number of bugs. Those are kindly pointed out by our QA testers, which we then resolve one by one, and we continually repeat that process until the patch is released.

I believe FFXIV is the game it is today thanks to them and many other dependable allies we have in our Development and Operations teams.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
FFXIV: an unbelievable number of bugs

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

:hellyeah:

And now the real endgame begins.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The crafting classes?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Don't forget to claim your Amaro mount if you haven't already.

(I want one so bad)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OddObserver posted:

The crafting classes?

Oh god no, I'm a completionist, not a masochist.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't forget to claim your Amaro mount if you haven't already.

(I want one so bad)

Already did, and it rules.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Already did, and it rules.

Crafters aren't that bad to level. Especially if you have gobs of Gil to throw at it (or time, to gather your own materials when you can).

The most time consuming thing I found about leveling doh were the quests. You need to finish all the quest lines partly because they're all great stories, but primarily because it gives you manipulation, which is required for high level crafting.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
LoL I'm going at it from the other end!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If you're not in any particular hurry you can get a lot of low effort crafter levelling from doing the GC turnins with help from the marketboard, and in higher effort but free from the tribe quests.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

If you're already max level, DoH classes are super easy to level. Do the class quests and craft a handful of items for the first time each until you're level 20, which should blaze by. I didn't time it on the new character I made just to mess around a bit with, but I got CUL, ARM and BSM up to that level, and more, very quickly.

From there, it depends on what you want to do. Want to spend some time just crafting? Make some stuff for the Firmament. Doing something else that day? (And at the end of any crafting day you decide to do.) Just swing by the market board and pick up the daily GC turn-in for a truckload of EXP for about 10 minutes of time investment.

Once you reach 50 and unlock Custom Deliveries, doing those every week will get you another truckload of EXP, plus Scrips for level 60+ gear (if you're not throwing materia at stuff you're crafting yourself), for maybe 15 minutes of work.

I never got a chance to test the EXP from the Diadem since my DoL classes were maxed by the time it came out, but the GC turn-in applies for them, too, and the Custom Deliveries can take gathered items instead of crafted.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Diadem is chill af and great for gathering classes

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
If you can, try to do the gc deliveries marked with a star if you don't want to do everything for a given day. Those will give almost a full level of xp themselves, if you turn in a hq version of the item. While there's no hq for gatherers anymore, you can level them entirely via gc turn-ins. That's how my fisher is 90, actually.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, and I forgot the Crystalline Mean for 70+ and Studium for 80+. Those also give out a bunch of EXP and Scrips, but only for about half of DoH/L.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Kharmakazy posted:

There's three kinds of FF6 magitek suit available:
-What people have mentioned so far is the Amano suit, which you do get for free at level 50
-The green armor with claws that you often fight as enemies in FF6 is a rare drop from a level 70 dungeon
-The sky armor suit can be bought with PvP currency

They've also given out other FF6 enemies as PvP mounts that can no longer be obtained, like a small version of Tunnel Armor and the Magna/Mag Roaders.

edit: \/ Yeah I'm really jealous anytime I see anyone with the Feast-exclusive mounts

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 4, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

iPodschun posted:

They've also given out other FF6 enemies as PvP mounts that can no longer be obtained, like a small version of Tunnel Armor and the Magna/Mag Roaders.

I'd love to see these and other pvp mounts in a moogle tome event one day

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 4, 2023

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also for levelling FSH, Ocean Fishing sprays exp at you.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Qwertycoatl posted:

Also for levelling FSH, Ocean Fishing sprays exp at you.

FSH was my first at 90 because I couldn't stop ocean fishing. I hadn't even finished Heavensward yet.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

iPodschun posted:

There's three kinds of FF6 magitek suit available:
-What people have mentioned so far is the Amano suit, which you do get for free at level 50
-The green armor with claws that you often fight as enemies in FF6 is a rare drop from a level 70 dungeon
-The sky armor suit can be bought with PvP currency

There's also two alternate color Amano magitek armor suits available on the cash store, and a gold-plated one you can get for 300? comms.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Ocean fishing can also get you a cool shark mount and a minion. A+ would recommend.

edit: If you're a fan of the MSQ magitek armor or it's gold variant, there's a quest in Mor Dhona that puts usable guns on them. Visual/audio effect only, they don't actually damage anything.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 4, 2023

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Onean posted:

Oh, and I forgot the Crystalline Mean for 70+ and Studium for 80+. Those also give out a bunch of EXP and Scrips, but only for about half of DoH/L.

This is finite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Bouncy2D/status/1610025863353106432?t=kU_Hnn3KGy3m-kicr4bjgg&s=19