Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Still on team Reyna here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Makes Rabiot's mom look neglectful in comparison

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Danielle Reyna said in a statement on Wednesday: "I thought it was especially unfair that Gio, who had apologized for acting immaturely about his playing time, was still being dragged through the mud when Gregg had asked for and received forgiveness for doing something so much worse at the same age."

haha goddamn

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
lmao there's more

https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1610720170334355462?t=KPQU6RBQ6LtriqdrCFw8gQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1610721185729216521?t=S9W4N6ASXmjJgYlty7y0Cg&s=19

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Akbar posted:

lmao there's more

"I regret that I took part in something that could reopen old wounds from the past. Also, what Gregg did was far more horrible than what he admitted to doing and he had to work for a long time to earn MY forgiveness."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Reopening a 30 year old DV case because your son didn't get enough playing time is tremendous parenting

Also, what kind of kick was the incident? A real leg breaker tackle or overly violent footsies?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The man went on to have a 20 year professional football career, those kicks should be considered attempted murder.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Reopening a 30 year old DV case because your son didn't get enough playing time is tremendous parenting
There is absolutely no way Gio isn't going to get poo poo about this from his Dortmund teammates.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

time for the US to rebrand as 'Canada B'

good, clean-cut boys

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lolllllllll i am here for USMNT twitter tears less than two weeks after bragging about being the best team from CONCACAF (a poo poo confederation)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

stab posted:

Lolllllllll i am here for USMNT twitter tears less than two weeks after bragging about being the best team from CONCACAF (a poo poo confederation)
Well they did do the best out of any team in CONCACAF in the World Cup. They just also have a loving delusional fanbase who seems to think that literally any other manager than Gregg Berhalter could have taken what was the 2nd-youngest team in the World Cup to the quarterfinals or even the semis.

OP, it's pathetic i tell you

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Well they did do the best out of any team in CONCACAF in the World Cup. They just also have a loving delusional fanbase who seems to think that literally any other manager than Gregg Berhalter could have taken what was the 2nd-youngest team in the World Cup to the quarterfinals or even the semis.

Yeah and the cognitive dissonance ober the relative strengths of the groups and how they had a cupcake group is lost on them OP

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/bydougmcintyre/status/1610703657770573825?s=46&t=im0Cz_RwdW7kcAwyFmXnUw

lmao, absolutely incredible levels of soccer mom

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Crazy Ted posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure a 5 year old would know better than to sub on Shaq Moore during a defensive set piece

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Soccer Dad too, dudes a former loving capped National player lmao

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stab posted:

Soccer Dad too, dudes a former loving capped National player lmao

Former captain and probably the best US midfielder ever, not just a "capped national player"

She has 6 caps too for the record

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So it turns out that in order to be USMNT captain you also have to be a loving rear end in a top hat.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 4, 2023

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Former captain and probably the best US midfielder ever, not just a "capped national player"

She has 6 caps too for the record

Best US midfielder makes you one of the top 200 midfielders in the world congrats

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The gently caress did Carlos Bocanegra ever do to you?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

stab posted:

Best US midfielder makes you one of the top 200 midfielders in the world congrats

Are you being intentionally retarded or just lack basic reading comprehension?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's turned ugly

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Are you being intentionally retarded or just lack basic reading comprehension?

It can be both OP

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm glad the US has advanced enough as a nation to have properly ridiculous World Cup drama frankly

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

stab posted:

It can be both OP
Just as long as you aren't one of the Canadiens fans who wore blackface and afros to a game in order to cheer on PK Subban.

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm glad the US has advanced enough as a nation to have properly ridiculous World Cup drama frankly
It's way dumber than that: it's youth sports drama where mommy calls the coach's boss because her precious kid isn't playing enough, but applied to international football.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Just as long as you aren't one of the Canadiens fans who wore blackface and afros to a game in order to cheer on PK Subban.

Now those are some dumb motherfuckers

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
There’s 100% blackmail here, put I can’t seem to give a poo poo about the careers of coaches who got their jobs solely because they’re part of some good ol’ boys club.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol “I didn’t ask for an investigation or for Gregg to be fired, I just happened to call his boss and mention that he kicked his wife 32 years ago.”

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Crazy Ted posted:

There is absolutely no way Gio isn't going to get poo poo about this from his Dortmund teammates.

what goes on in the us soccer world hardly registers in europe.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

tristeham posted:

Footballers worldwide will rip the piss out of a guy who's mom called the trainer's boss to get him in trouble

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I've never heard of any of these people

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

tristeham posted:

His mom called the manager's boss because she was unhappy about his lack of playing time.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
fair point, i didn't really understand what was going on

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

tristeham posted:

fair point, i didn't really understand what was going on

Yes, we read your post

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Honestly I don’t think anyone gives a poo poo about US soccer, mommy story or not. This will barely register across the pond.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

if this was all timed to not only cynically exploit the NWSL abuse scandal but also get Claudio's best buddy (and his son's namesake) Gio Van Bronckhorst hired as the new manager after his Rangers team posted a (checks notes) MINUS 20 goal differential in the CL group stages....boy howdy

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Even worse they have a minus 20 GD in relation to Celtic in the league this year

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
People need to take a big step back and realize none of this happens if Gregg isn’t a huge loving idiot dumbass bad manager who deserves all of this, Reynas did nothing wrong

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
If my son was starting for Dortmund and an idiot fail US national team manager was giving minutes to a collection of garbage strikers and some questionable attackers instead of my kid and then dumped team matters to the press, I would probably do 9-11 Part Zwei, Gregg got off easy here

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I 2 footed tackled my first wife as well, I'm not seeing an issue here.

e: we played soccer together through school to marriage before I get canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

People need to take a big step back and realize none of this happens if Gregg isn’t a huge loving idiot dumbass bad manager who deserves all of this, Reynas did nothing wrong

They all suck