Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

goblin week posted:

hi goons. if i were to choose a game between norco and citizen sleeper which one is the most discolike (in being good)??

dont say signalis i don't own a pc computer

Its pentiment and all three are on Game Pass which is why I played and beat them all.

If you only buy one buy NORCO because I know the devs (distantly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

thehoodie posted:

god drat xenoblade chronicles 3 is so good.

Please stop saying this, I have brain worms and want to finish 2 first but 2 is meh even with custom difficulty and I have been hooked to Triangle Strategy... I just wanna see how good it is.

That said Triangle Strategy is also really cool, almost finishing my first playthrough. Also hot drat does the game have a lot of cool dads and granpas/grannies playable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dunkey.wmv

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

why is theater rhythms $100

If you're gonna buy a music game you're gonna want all the music

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Looper posted:

i bought signalis on my switch but idk when i'll get around to playing it

i've been playing through the mgs and re series with my partner and by happy coincidence we're up to my favorites in both series, rising and 4, i'm very excited. so signalis will have to at least wait until after 4

Please update us on you and your partner's analysis of 4's "Johnny poops in a barrel" scene and its contribution to the series' antiwar message

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

thehoodie posted:

I like 2 better so far but I've been loving around a bit and I'm finally advancing the story again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Srice posted:

If you're gonna buy a music game you're gonna want all the music

I'm gonna want all of the music. Excited for this game. I wish it was coming out on PC though, but i'm gonna get it for PS4 because the Switch version is likely to have performance issues.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

Please update us on you and your partner's analysis of 4's "Johnny poops in a barrel" scene and its contribution to the series' antiwar message

my opinion of mgs4's story is that whenever it's just snake, otacon, sunny, raiden, ocelot, or vamp on screen the story is pretty good, but as soon as any of meryl, campbell, johnny, naomi, drebin, eva, or big boss can be seen it instantly nosedives into the garbage

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So, verizon just effed us over, we were supposed to have internet set up today ahead of the full move to the new house this weekend, sadly, it looks like it will be at least the 20th before it gets set up.. so I'm frantically trying to make sure I have everything updated on Steam, and to download a bunch of games from the backlog of shame on Steam to play. I'll be without home internet for a few days, until my phone mobile data plan switches to Unlimited with tethering (but even that's going to be throttled to gently caress and back).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SirFozzie posted:

So, verizon just effed us over, we were supposed to have internet set up today ahead of the full move to the new house this weekend, sadly, it looks like it will be at least the 20th before it gets set up.. so I'm frantically trying to make sure I have everything updated on Steam, and to download a bunch of games from the backlog of shame on Steam to play. I'll be without home internet for a few days, until my phone mobile data plan switches to Unlimited with tethering (but even that's going to be throttled to gently caress and back).

They don't have a setup yourself option? I went that route myself with Xfinity, because I know their customer service is basically that they have no customer service. Verizon is the same way.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

my opinion of mgs4's story is that whenever it's just snake, otacon, sunny, raiden, ocelot, or vamp on screen the story is pretty good, but as soon as any of meryl, campbell, johnny, naomi, drebin, eva, or big boss can be seen it instantly nosedives into the garbage

It's a pretty funny bit how Big Boss keeps almost dying then comes back around, clearly not expecting to for the fourth time in a row. Too bad about the writing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Srice posted:

Multiplayer games with long respawn times are good because you can do a few pushups or situps while waiting.

When I can, every time I lose at mtg arena I do am exercise set

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

goblin week posted:

hi goons. if i were to choose a game between norco and citizen sleeper which one is the most discolike (in being good)??

dont say signalis i don't own a pc computer

Citizen Sleeper is Shivers
NORCO is Inland Empire

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

that happens in re4?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Jay Rust posted:

that happens in re4?

If Capcom weren't cowards it would have

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

thehoodie posted:

:yeah:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Can't believe I missed another chance to go on about how Lego DC Super Villains is fantastic and fun and you get to zoom around and break stuff. It's my favourite.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

HopperUK posted:

Can't believe I missed another chance to go on about how Lego DC Super Villains is fantastic and fun and you get to zoom around and break stuff. It's my favourite.

Now's your chance!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HopperUK posted:

I liked how they put as much Harley/Ivy shipping in as they could get away with lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

It's so good. You create your own character and go through a fun silly story where the real Justice League have been replaced by fakes and the villains all team up to fix it because they have standards, god drat it. You can be Reverse Flash and zoom around at top speed and break everything. The game has adorable Lego Gotham and Lego Metropolis and even Lego Smallville. And after a certain point you can create characters freely and use those in free roam.

My player character was the BLU Medic from TF2.

e: Here he is about to destroy Fake Superman

Here is a cutscene where every time the camera angle changed, Reverse Flash zipped into the shot and sat there looking thoughtful

I love Martin from the DC TV shows so I made him, here's the selfie mode

ee: gently caress it I'm gonna install it and play it some more

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 4, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do you DO in those games?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What do you DO in those games?

Puzzle solving mostly. You get abilities that vary from character to character to enable you to move things or break things or find things. There's a free roam where you tear around and can do little sidequests. There are always a load of collectibles and stuff tucked away. Sometimes you have to go replay a stage with a different character to get something that's behind a steel wall or whatever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If you had to physically beat up a video game, which one would you beat up and why

I'm going to say Prince of Persia 2 on the ps2. Chill out, Prince, it's okay to smile my friend.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd beat up Half Life 3, ASSUMING IT HAD THE BALLS TO TURN UP TO THE FIGHT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd pick Manic Miner on the ZX Spectrum, those cassette tapes can't stand up to poo poo

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I think my old CD binder is in the other room so I can probably fling bad game CDs at the wall or something

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Everytime I see Atomic Heart it looks amazing, and I hope the gameplay holds up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah74ys4t3Fs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've seen the sexy robot ladies but I shan't post them here

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'd beat up the empire earth expansion 'art of conquest' for promising to add space and spaceships then just replacing water with stars and reskinning the naval mechanics

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'd beat up Star Citizen and take its lunch money (10 billion dollars)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

Everytime I see Atomic Heart it looks amazing, and I hope the gameplay holds up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah74ys4t3Fs

Same. I'm really excited for it and just hope the footage isn't too doctored or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would beat up a Steel Battalion controller

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

My favorite game can beat up your favorite game

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I am wrapping up Citizen Sleeper, and had I played it in 2022, it would have for sure been in my top 2.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I've seen the sexy robot ladies but I shan't post them here

you coward!

e: oh in the game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't beat up video games, I beat them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And the first completed game of 2023 is in the books, already beating my 2022 pace

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And the first completed game of 2023 is in the books, already beating my 2022 pace

Wear app/site are you using to track stuff there?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

If you had to physically beat up a video game, which one would you beat up and why

River City Ransom. I could use some spare coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm working through the Cuphead DLC, beat a boss on like my third try and thought I was hot poo poo, but it turned out I accidentally selected the easy mode for them.