Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Edge & Christian posted:

That sequence (and the dialogue) is borrowed wholesale from X-Cutioner's Song where he was quite literally talking about Stryfe (who was in cahoots with Mr. Sinister) so who knows, maybe we've got some Stryfe in our future. The X-Books sure are doing a lot with clones of late.

Stryfe is showing up in Marauders. But it's Marauders, so is it really worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

GOD IS BED posted:

But it's Marauders, so is it really worth it?

Depends on the writer. The current one? Nope.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The art in Marauders is fantastic, but yeah, the writing's kind of a mess, sadly. It's almost worth the price of admission just for drawings of smug, witchy, Cerebro-headed Cassandra Nova, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

That sequence (and the dialogue) is borrowed wholesale from X-Cutioner's Song where he was quite literally talking about Stryfe (who was in cahoots with Mr. Sinister) so who knows, maybe we've got some Stryfe in our future. The X-Books sure are doing a lot with clones of late.

Oh I know, that's why I was disappointed it wasn't Stryfe!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have not liked Marauders much but I wanted to give it to the end of this arc and I actually think, despite all the odds, they stuck the landing.

I also liked X-Force this week and I'm glad we're picking up steam suddenly and getting back to earlier, seemingly dropped plots.

But nothing compares to the glory of X-Men Red. What a fuckin book.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cartridgeblowers posted:

But nothing compares to the glory of X-Men Red. What a fuckin book.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Al Ewing is probably, at this point, one of my favorite comic book writers of all time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Edge & Christian posted:

Lmao I love this poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cable uses his telekinesis to contain the techno-virus AND stay upright.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Al Ewing is probably, at this point, one of my favorite comic book writers of all time.

I follow this man pretty much anywhere now. Praise be.
At the end of Red I definitely bellowed "MOTHER FUCKER" today. Please keep doing this to me mister Ewing.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think villain beast is good because he's fun to hate and i have no particular fondness for earlier incarnations of the character. but this here is some real bullshit. if he's going to keep getting away with poo poo, there has to be an actual reason for why that is. every other current member of x-force has been in an experimental torture prison at some point! what the heck is up with this lackluster reaction?

They literally led him away in handcuffs last issue! The rest of the team is treating it like he just ate Domino's lunch out of the break room fridge not that he ran a secret torture prison. He gets to make little snarky notes about his torture prison in the doc pages?!

I have to assume the shoe drops in the Sinister arc coming up and we're just spinning wheels until then.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

this is how cable should be drawn at all times

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maduo posted:

They literally led him away in handcuffs last issue! The rest of the team is treating it like he just ate Domino's lunch out of the break room fridge not that he ran a secret torture prison. He gets to make little snarky notes about his torture prison in the doc pages?!

I have to assume the shoe drops in the Sinister arc coming up and we're just spinning wheels until then.

yeah what the gently caress

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's so weird because everything else in X-Force is like...fine? As a book? Things happen in a logical way with reasonable outcomes. But then we get to wacky Hank and his hijinks and it feels like being trolled by a weird clown show. Even people who think Beast as a villain is a great idea can't possibly think this is a satisfying way to handle it.

Marauders is pretty messy, but I've still been low-key cheerleading it for a while and I do agree that this issue does stick the landing. Sad to see Cass Nova put in the chill bin but it was a sweet moment for Kate. Between this and Vulcan, seems like lots of big threats are getting the time-out treatment this week :xd:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What type of cookies do you think Cable makes? Whatever they are I bet they're delicious.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I still feel like X-Force should be the Domino book but I don't think Percy has a lot for her.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Codependent Poster posted:

What type of cookies do you think Cable makes? Whatever they are I bet they're delicious.

Born-E-O's

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can't decide if Cable has like a cybernetic mixer attachment, some like 4 foot long 3 foot high weapon with a tiny mixer at the end or if he just does it all with TK.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I still feel like X-Force should be the Domino book but I don't think Percy has a lot for her.

the hosed up thing is i think he could write a really good book about her Doing Dirt around the world on Krakoa's behalf but it's just not the book he wants to write

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/616Karma/status/1610878244625981441?t=bhRKTILVvF0nEh-5AlRl4w&s=19

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Alright which dingbat New Mutant was it that first mispronouced Xi'an Xuan's name to the point that it stuck for decades

was it Doug?

Would be funny if it was Doug

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Alright which dingbat New Mutant was it that first mispronouced Xi'an Xuan's name to the point that it stuck for decades

was it Doug?

Nah, it was Rahne lmao. Xuan was the second New Mutant after Rahne. Doug didn't come until later.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 5, 2023

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ah. The Scotswoman.

It all makes sense now :hmmyes:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BrianWilly posted:

was it Doug?

chris claremont

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Claremont or Miller yeah.

In world it was Reed Richards who introduced her to Professor X and he’s a jerk himself, so.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/kierongillen

why did he delete all his tweets, is that a regular thing?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
he moved to mastodon after elon took over

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wait no I just looked it up and the first person to call her "Shan" was...Professor X :xd:

It's literally the mind-reader's fault

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

“I’ll be dead in the cold ground before I recognize Missouri OR pronounce an Asian name correctly!” -Charles Xavier

I bet this is why Sunfire hated his rear end too.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Nessus posted:

“I’ll be dead in the cold ground before I recognize Missouri OR pronounce an Asian name correctly!” -Charles Xavier

He mispronounced it, only realized he did later, then refused correct himself out of embarrassment

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Adder Moray posted:

He mispronounced it, only realized he did later, then refused correct himself out of embarrassment

Admitting you're wrong is a sign of weakness. *Continues to cover up the death of a secret team of X-Men and the fact that I've enslaved an AI and...*

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

The Doylist reason is probably just Frank Miller not getting a name right since her original appearance is basically A Sad Tale of the Vietnamese Boat People (in 1980)

But Chuck is that much of an rear end in a top hat. Maybe he thought it was friendly, like Hank for Henry, despite the obvious glaring social gradient

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Starting to think this "Professor" Xavier might just be a jerk.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nessus posted:

Korean War really did some things to him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“Where exactly are you a professor, anyway?”

“My house.”

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Mulva posted:

Korean War really did some things to him.

Excuse me, Xavier fought in the Sin-Cong Conflict.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

graybook posted:

I follow this man pretty much anywhere now. Praise be.
At the end of Red I definitely bellowed "MOTHER FUCKER" today. Please keep doing this to me mister Ewing.

Right on, heartily recommend Judge Dredd: Trifecta to all Ewing heads. And I've been meaning to read Zombo too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question is there a place or way to read the fan mail at the end of most comics for the original uncanny X-Men? Marvel Ultimate is pretty inconsistent in featuring it in most issues, and I am interested in reading a lot of people's first impressions of a lot of this stuff back in the 60s and 70s.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Adder Moray posted:

He wiped everyone's minds to erase their memories of all the times Xuân tried to correct him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Angry Salami posted:

He wiped everyone's minds to erase their memories of all the times Xuân tried to correct him.
It is dismally plausible that she wouldn’t speak up until she had good friends and by then she might not have wanted to rock the boat. You’d think her little siblings would get it right tho, the little shits