Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Matt Ronishaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Lmao that renshaw tested positive to covid this morning and is still playing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

South Africa confirmed 100% loving coward frauds.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
For fucks sake

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Pretty funny that “we’ve got two spinners but they’re loving poo poo so let’s get off the field” is an acceptable option

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

South Africa should be ashamed. This is disgraceful.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Why the gently caress would they schedule games in this lovely, rainy state?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
It's gonna be raining/bad light for the rest of the match too pretty much.

Sucks as it had been sunny and 30+ for the past few days :(

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I couldn’t get time off work until Saturday aka day 4, and I haven’t bought tickets since I wasn’t convinced the Saffers would last that long. Looks like it’ll be a washed-out draw instead :v:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

webmeister posted:

I couldn’t get time off work until Saturday aka day 4, and I haven’t bought tickets since I wasn’t convinced the Saffers would last that long. Looks like it’ll be a washed-out draw instead :v:

Hurrah! We avoid the whitewash.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Qadir of the Sydney Thunder has a bad haircut.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I finished crickenomics and I give it a solid average of 40.

It's very disjointed and comes off as a series of blog post and long form articles instead of a coherent whole APART from making the point, over and over again, that Test cricket is dead unless something can be done about India and England (I don't know how you get away with it Australia but you do) and that cricket is classist as gently caress which is also killing it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
263 (+2 for change of innings) overs by close of day 3. Every-over-bowled failed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pant needs unspecified surgery and other "treatment for ligament tears" following injuries to his head, back and leg.

That chap might not be playing for a while.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

goatface posted:

Pant needs unspecified surgery and other "treatment for ligament tears" following injuries to his head, back and leg.

That chap might not be playing for a while.

Always said he was better square of the wicket than he was at driving

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

webmeister posted:

Oof. Or better behind the wicket than behind the wheel?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

webmeister posted:

lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Gotta wonder what dirt Maharaj has on the SA selectors for them to keep picking him. He's been complete rubbish the whole tour, I don't think he's even taken a wicket at this point?

Harmer has looked way more dangerous in his limited opportunities

e; good lad Usman, quality dancing there haha

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Personally I wouldn't celebrate scoring runs against this team.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

It'll be fair enough when Australia's bowling attack rips through south Africa for 128 runs this afternoon.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
The Fox cricket lunch break was pretty funny.

They were testing different eras of bats. which resulted in Hussey nerding out and raining down cricket balls on school children and the ch7 crew. :laugh:

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Yeah I liked that. Some interesting stuff about bats plus it's nice that they all get along and give each other poo poo the whole time.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Sydney pitch always sucks. Take it off them and give it to Hobart.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Smudge ftw

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
run rate of nearly 7 for the last 9 overs lol

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Surely keeping up to the stumps and having a silly mid off is against covid protocols with cheeks batting.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Gunna be hilarious when Aus keep batting in the morning (weather permitting, the forecast is worse than for today) just so Khawaja can hit 200

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Fanatic posted:

The Fox cricket lunch break was pretty funny.

They were testing different eras of bats. which resulted in Hussey nerding out and raining down cricket balls on school children and the ch7 crew. :laugh:

If anyone didn't catch it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iNkXRPnf9Q

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Thanks man

https://youtube.com/shorts/6t_gMQ5WtFE?feature=share - this was the bunny hop catch from the other day, I loving love this type of fielding. T20 cricket, best white ball cricket.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Considering how long the breaks in cricket can go, more broadcasters should be doing these sorts of deep dive segments into an aspect of the game.

Also, I just realised we've had this same thread for almost a decade now. I feel old.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mister Chief posted:

I think one can celebrate scoring runs against this attack but not taking wickets.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Also, I just realised we've had this same thread for almost a decade now. I feel old.

Nah it's younger than that, iirc a random American mod waded in a few years ago and demanded we reboot the thread, so we just had the title changed to be a few years earlier

This is probably the third or so iteration of the cricket thread though I think?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

When is Spoonboy's song coming?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

webmeister posted:

Nah it's younger than that, iirc a random American mod waded in a few years ago and demanded we reboot the thread, so we just had the title changed to be a few years earlier

This is probably the third or so iteration of the cricket thread though I think?

This one turns 8 in a couple of weeks - the one before that was a couple of years before it got the reboot but we did a yearly thread before that.

...... wow looks like hardly anyone has a anymore?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Ah yes, back when the solution to "large threads break the forums" was "don't have large threads" rather than "fix the forums because that shouldn't happen"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This one turns 8 in a couple of weeks - the one before that was a couple of years before it got the reboot but we did a yearly thread before that.

Hello there

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Make it happen!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pakistan would prefer not to be 0/2 imo.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Strikers bowl a team out for 15, lose four games in a row and then chase down 229 lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I am working on a new OP but family illness has gotten in the way, give me another week and I'll have it done