Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Pretty sure Lindros was the most eye-test motherfucker of all time

yeah lots of people were doubting the anointed Next One, no one knew he had it in him, it was a big surprise

Levitate posted:

how are they getting Kane without giving up Kravtsov or Lafrieniere or Chytil or something? you know chicago is gonna ask for them

You gotta think they're asking for Othmann. Not sure if they'll get a better offer than him and a first + maybe a 2nd or a middle tier prospect. I doubt the Rangers would trade Othmann and a young roster player but who knows. Even like Kravtsov + Othmann seems like a lot.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I think I must have failed to understand what you actually meant by "eye-test motherfucker"

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

yeah lots of people were doubting the anointed Next One, no one knew he had it in him, it was a big surprise

You gotta think they're asking for Othmann. Not sure if they'll get a better offer than him and a first + maybe a 2nd or a middle tier prospect. I doubt the Rangers would trade Othmann and a young roster player but who knows. Even like Kravtsov + Othmann seems like a lot.

If they traded Othmann and a 1st / Kravtsov for a rental Pat Kane the fans would riot

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

If they traded Othmann and a 1st / Kravtsov for a rental Pat Kane the fans would riot

Gotta be tough for them to decide, not sure I'd want to move Othmann giving how valuable a contributor on an ELC will be to that team

Same reason the Devils should at least have some pause about moving Holtz, as mediocre as he has looked

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

gotta be tough for them to decide, not sure I'd want to move Othmann giving how valuable a contributor on an ELC will be to that team

That's my point. They have cap issues and Othmann will be really valuable on that ELC. Kane is just a rental that they won't be able to re sign

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

UMich coach said that he would "bet his mortgage" on Luke Hughes being with the Devils after the end of the college season

Hamilton-Graves
Marino-Siegenthaler
Hughes-Severson

What a disgusting D

Pretty wild that this d core will probably add Simon Nemec to it next year, he’s been the best d at the world juniors

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers have some really big cap crunch issues going forward. No way do they trade Othmann.

My guess is they'll offer 2 1sts and a b prospect like Robertson or tell Chicago to kick rocks.

Price will probably be lower if Kane refuses to waive for anyone except NYR.

crashlanding
Dec 11, 2006

Leading the offense for a fraction of the cost

UMich coach said that he would "bet his mortgage" on Luke Hughes being with the Devils after the end of the college season

Hamilton-Graves
Marino-Siegenthaler
Hughes-Severson

What a disgusting D

The problem with Luke is if he plays a playoff game they burn a year of his ELC, Nemec would be different.

I am praying the Rangers do something dumb and trade for Kane, dude is cooked.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Kane is exactly the guy I am terrified Brian Burke will get into a bidding war and end up paying the Pens' Bedard lottery ticket plus another 1st plus two 2nds to rent for six weeks. I'm over here praying ownership refuses to allow him to do it because otherwise he is 100% going to do it.

Trading that or more for Chychrun would also be horrifying but at least he's young and signed for a couple years. It's detestable enough Kane is a rapist, he's also old, expensive and yet another floaty zero-defense forward to go with Geno and K****** K******* is the very last thing the Penguins need. Big agree that it would be wonderful if the Rangers or Islanders or literally anyone would outbid Burke for him.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 5, 2023

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2059. I am on my way home after amassing video footage of Tage Thompson's goal reel from the 2022-23 season. My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by Oster. The unit is powered by sixteen, top-spin, quad-positive tripularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.

Although I do have personal reasons for being here and speaking with you, the most I could hope for is that you recognize the possibility of Tage Thompson as an illusion. You are able to change your worldline for better or worse just as I am.

I have brought back with me Tage Thompson's stat lines for the rest of his career. Learn to let fear keep you alive. Too many of you turn off the life-saving natural instincts and premonitions when it's convenient. The same person who will dig deep into shot quality and on-ice metrics will think nothing about considering Tage Thompson one of the elite scorers of his generation. If you want to live, keep your eyes open.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah that's a likely fate for Tage if he destroys his knee and stops riding shotgun with a dominant 6'4 120 point center.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I wouldn't trade 2 1sts for Kane straight up

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Why isn't anyone talking about the biggest NHL news?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ETCanada/status/1610682980929867784

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
who?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The figure skater who isn’t a lunatic (as far as we know)

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Morgan Reilly, he's a d-man for the Leafs

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
last year, Hall got a 2nd and a middling prospect for a return from Bos. it really depends mostly on where Kane wants to play. if he wants to go to NY, I think the return will be like a middling prospect and Dallas’s first.

i would be flabbergasted if Othmann gets traded. he’s exactly what they need from a winger on an ELC. i can’t imagine they’ll trade Kakko over the next year while he’s playing way above his 2m bridge deal, and I also can’t imagine them trading Lafrienere for a rental.

Kravtsov, maybe? but more likely it’s like Adam Sykora and a 2nd or the first that looks later.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Misanthrope posted:

Morgan Reilly, he's a d-man for the Leafs

Originator of the phrase “rag it” up the boards

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

I wouldn't trade 2 1sts for Kane straight up

But what about Brendan Hagel ?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

crashlanding posted:

The problem with Luke is if he plays a playoff game they burn a year of his ELC, Nemec would be different.

I am praying the Rangers do something dumb and trade for Kane, dude is cooked.

I would be fine with this because the Devils are really good and have a great cap situation moving forward.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

Originator of the phrase “rag it” up the boards

lol I totally forgot about that one

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Some team is going to slightly overpay for Kane. But that isnt what makes me excited.

What I cant wait for is the team overpaying for Toews' leadership and intangibles.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Some team is going to slightly overpay for Kane. But that isnt what makes me excited.

What I cant wait for is the team overpaying for Toews' leadership and intangibles.

The Pens have no cap or I'm sure they'd be all over Toews

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

The Pens have no cap or I'm sure they'd be all over Toews

Petry being on LTIR opens up enough cap space for the Pens to acquire pretty much anyone if the other team retains some

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Petry being on LTIR opens up enough cap space for the Pens to acquire pretty much anyone if the other team retains some

I feel like he'll be back before the deadline.

Pens being the Pens it's not out of the question someone else is hurt by then though

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

At least one Canadian team will offer two firsts and their top prospect only for Toews to veto it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens were allegedly kicking the tires on Toews earlier this year. Would prefer not. Same for Kane.

I think the better question, though, is what new ownership wants. Kind of forgot about that particular change in the Pens org and whether or not they trust Burkxtall to make these decisions vs conservative and stand pat. Either way would prefer an improvement on the left side of the defense... which is a tall ask considering what is available and a high quality 3rd liner.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Call Your Grandma posted:

At least one Canadian team will offer two firsts and their top prospect only for Toews to veto it.

Winnipeg going for that home town discount.

Though I honestly dont know what the Jets have left for prospects or picks at this point so maybe that isnt possible.

Always the Leafs I guess.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Lou is def gonna trade for Toews

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about Lou. And the Isles need a cooked over the hill player now that Chara is gone too.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Lou is def gonna trade for Toews

Furnaceface posted:

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about Lou. And the Isles need a cooked over the hill player now that Chara is gone too.

We already have Zach Parise, but you wouldn't think he's 38 years old from the way he plays. Now that you mention it, we do need a classic LouLam-brand boat anchor on the team...

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

nj has now matched their regulation / OT win total from last year

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aye Doc posted:

Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2059. I am on my way home after amassing video footage of Tage Thompson's goal reel from the 2022-23 season. My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by Oster. The unit is powered by sixteen, top-spin, quad-positive tripularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.

Although I do have personal reasons for being here and speaking with you, the most I could hope for is that you recognize the possibility of Tage Thompson as an illusion. You are able to change your worldline for better or worse just as I am.

I have brought back with me Tage Thompson's stat lines for the rest of his career. Learn to let fear keep you alive. Too many of you turn off the life-saving natural instincts and premonitions when it's convenient. The same person who will dig deep into shot quality and on-ice metrics will think nothing about considering Tage Thompson one of the elite scorers of his generation. If you want to live, keep your eyes open.

That the Cheechoo or Heatley statline lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens were allegedly kicking the tires on Toews earlier this year. Would prefer not. Same for Kane.

I think the better question, though, is what new ownership wants. Kind of forgot about that particular change in the Pens org and whether or not they trust Burkxtall to make these decisions vs conservative and stand pat. Either way would prefer an improvement on the left side of the defense... which is a tall ask considering what is available and a high quality 3rd liner.

A good 3c seems almost as important as improving on Dumo. But I suspect Carter is here to stay regardless so I dunno what they'll do.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

stab posted:

That the Cheechoo or Heatley statline lol
Cheechoo. Heatley had a bunch of good years before falling apart in his 30s

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Isn't Toews even more cooked than Kane at this point?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

Isn't Toews even more cooked than Kane at this point?

Leadership. Intangibles. Captaincy.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
if the pens added toews they'd have 2 of the greatest 100 players of all time, so there's that

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/EvolvingWild/status/1610846232590667777

IDK what I like more, the sweaters or the pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SaadYousuf126/status/1610861421713133568

Everything about both of these clips is incredible lmao