Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I agree, we should go back to The Yohan Kebab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/Bose/status/1590764977387819008

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Phutbol World Megaforum

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rename the forum Bunch of Kuntz imo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Should have made it The Ciro Immobile when it was pinned to the top of the forums during the World Cup

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Should have made it The Ciro Immobile when it was pinned to the top of the forums during the World Cup

Should have called it The Danny Drinkwater since alcohol was banned for the WC

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue squares posted:

there's no "general" thread so I will just ask here: Why is this forum called The Ray Parlour? I know he was a player but thats it. Perhaps a name that makes more sense would bring in more posters?

Orange you glad it's not still the Yohan Kebab

edit:

Myssu posted:

I agree, we should go back to The Yohan Kebab.

god dammit

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Clearly it’s the Soccer Locker, no?

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
What was the Asian inspired one?

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 22, 2022

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rename it to the Rose West Stand again.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pik_d posted:

Should have called it The Danny Drinkwater since alcohol was banned for the WC

lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Jizz Horncamp

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

The Jizz Horncamp

Jizz Horncamp presents: The Ray Parlour

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the emi martineztablishment, make the background him loving the trophy in front of the sheikh

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Crazy Ted posted:

Rename it to the Rose West Stand again.

That one really served a greater purpose.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TelemundoSports/status/1346885110495383554?t=OAL6A5km-EVUJxSiN-PPgQ&s=19

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Which poster got really upset about Rose West

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

oliwan got banned from TRP for his petty bitching about it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=228912#frompost525313311

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Argentine Twitter becoming an even bigger racist cesspool post-victory.

Lots of people posting about European national teams being de facto African now, that Brazil is only strong because of its African slave history, and that having black players creates an unfair sporting advantage; how Argentina is a power house compared to other Latin American teams because it has lower rates of mestizaje (mixing of European and Indigenous bloodlines); and how Argentina should discourage Argentine mestizos from getting placements on the national squad (in other words, a blood test).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tortilla Maker posted:

Lots of people posting about European national teams being de facto African now, that Brazil is only strong because of its African slave history, and that having black players creates an unfair sporting advantage; how Argentina is a power house compared to other Latin American teams because it has lower rates of mestizaje (mixing of European and Indigenous bloodlines); and how Argentina should discourage Argentine mestizos from getting placements on the national squad (in other words, a blood test).

Wow, I did Nazi that coming...

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Tortilla Maker posted:

todos los argentinos son negros

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Tortilla Maker posted:

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
What's going on with CR7? :(

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tortilla Maker posted:

Yeah I saw a post on the Tweeters the other day with a picture of the various "African" lineages of the members of the French squad and apparently about 1/3 of them were wrong. Of course it's not exactly standard procedure of racists to do accurate research.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I seem to remember that being a thing in France in years past as well? With racists singling out players like Griezmann and Rabiot for being the only "true" French players on the team or something?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Let's not forget about all the poo poo Balotelli had to deal with. The Swiss were pretty lovely about it too, until Lichtsteiner told them to gently caress off for the millionth time (and they started getting out of the group stages).

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

webmeister posted:

I seem to remember that being a thing in France in years past as well? With racists singling out players like Griezmann and Rabiot for being the only "true" French players on the team or something?

Definitely was a thing in 98 anyway. Le Pen said France "hadn't won the World Cup" or something because some of the players weren't white. I'm sure it happened in 2018, too.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

webmeister posted:

that was sort of a sub-drama in 2010 too, there was a bit of a divide between Ribery/Benzema/Anelka etc and guys like Yoann Gourcuff - less so the team itself but more in the media.

That's also part of what gave Laurent Blanc an extremely short tenure as manager, he had a conversation on tape leaked where he was brainstorming with the FFF ways to get more white French guys on the team and galaxy-brained his way into losing to Spain in Euro 2012

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

That's also part of what gave Laurent Blanc an extremely short tenure as manager, he had a conversation on tape leaked where he was brainstorming with the FFF ways to get more white French guys on the team and galaxy-brained his way into losing to Spain in Euro 2012
Was it he or Domenech who reportedly picked his lineups based on Astrological signs?

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

Was it he or Domenech who reportedly picked his lineups based on Astrological signs?

That was Domenech.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
New Munich Sandwich just dropped

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

The Jizz Horncamp

Sadly, he's been a major disappointment this year - not really sticking in the starting 11, completely flaccid in attack. But hopefully he can stiffen up and eventually blast a few into the goal mouth for Willem II.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MCFC__BH/status/1610594078067933185?t=tWGu9qOowbXM1RzDqFGYPQ&s=19

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

He must be worried they will end up back in league 1 poor lad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
just sad to be here

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vyelkin posted:

just sad to be here

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

He must be worried they will end up back in league 1 poor lad

was keeping MCFC__BH in my thoughts as Lewis Hall sailed it over the box in extra time. MCFC__BH seems like they needed a win today, good for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

vyelkin posted:

just sad to be here